BEOWULF

What is Sup Forums opinion on it? It's the adult cartoon movie that you always asked for.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cjkN4feMuJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why the fuck was Angelina Jolie butt-naked playing Grendel's Mother?

Great when it came out but hasn't aged well. That's the problem with "realistic" graphics, Toy Story was made 20 years ago and still looks great. Beowulf was made 10 years ago and looks like crap.

It was so ridiculously awesome at the time it basically became a meme in my rpg group to just shout "Beowulf!!!!!" at random after killing monsters.

I liked it a lot.

>action/fantasy
>adult
Oh Sup Forums, you so cute.

>Toy Story was made 20 years ago and still looks great
You're fucking kidding yourself

Who makes the rules for which genre is adult, and who is the judge?

I love the soundtrack and the fight with the Grendel.

For the longest time I couldn't tell if it was live action or animated.

>Americans can't handle T&A: the post

Same

Yeah, the humans look bad in Toy Story, but the toys still holds up well. You're enjoying the movie when you watch it, while when compared to something like Antz you're looking at how primitive the animation is.

Me.
Seriously though I mostly was being facetious, it just annoys me that the Sup Forumsnsensus seems to be that only action cartoons can satisfy the Sup Forums criteria for "adult" cartoons they want. Comedy, sex and vulgarity are considered juvenile, while character dramas and heavily visual movies are pretentious.

>Eu matarei seu monstro

I remember it being one of the first modern 3D movies

Beowulf has some good character drama, unlike Snydershit tho.

Movies like Anomalisa are always recomended on adult movies threads.

Could not take it seriously after the Austin Powers-esque scene with Beowulf fighting naked

It tried so hard to be so XTREME EPIC REALISM that it got cheesy and boring quick

All in all

>It advertised itself as a game changer
>It imagined itself as the new Lord of the Rings
>It got the 300 crowd
>It got praised by RPG nerds and horny tweens all over the world

I've seen more hate than love for Anomalisa on Sup Forums.

cuz it sucks

It was a shit adaptation of the story and a pretty lousy movie by itself.

The only to things I like about it are it's theme song and the Rifftrax.
youtube.com/watch?v=cjkN4feMuJQ

>I promised if ever burst out of a eye of a giant sea creature I will have a better line than MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKEEE"

See? Precisely my point. You can't even bring yourself to admit it's good because "MUH PRETENTIOUSNESS"

As a medievalist-in-training, I find this movie hilariously camp.

Grendel's mom was a hideous monster in the original story. Do your research faggot.

Its obvious that Angelina wasn't her real form, we get glimpses of her monstrous form.

Also, the rumors about her appereance were created by the old king and Beowulf, in universe, because both never saw how she really looked like.

I dunno man. Watch Toy Story on a nice TV now and you can notice the polygons and how circles are made up of a bunch of straigt lines and shit