/who/ - Doctor Who General

Father's Day edition, even though it's not Father's Day in any country as far as I'm aware.

PREVIOUSLY ON /who/...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5cTEmaj1XVo&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=IeCWuN0dc5w
bigfinish.com/ranges/all_reverse/sherlock-holmes
bigfinish.com/releases/v/sherlock-holmes-holmes-and-the-ripper-16?range=27
bigfinish.com/releases/v/sherlock-holmes-the-speckled-band-719?range=27
bigfinish.com/releases/v/all-consuming-fire-1229?range=27
youtube.com/watch?v=Tbu0CoWflfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It can't be...

THREAD THEME: youtube.com/watch?v=5cTEmaj1XVo&feature=youtu.be
(Neo you should definitely check this out, it's cool af)

I suggested Protect & Survive / Black & White and Gods & Monsters but that's literally 12 parts.

Perhaps some of the Lost Stories or a relatively new release?

Minuet in hell

two hours of suffering and american accents

>Louise Jameson was also offered to return for a whole season when Peter Davison became the Doctor and ease the transition, but she only wanted to do one story.
now THAT sounds like it would've been kino.

People who are into Big Finish, do the audios that Leela's in do justice to her character?

Some of the "Novel Adaption" range might be good to listen to

It is definitely something you will have a lot of opinions on.

Lost Stories are always interesting. Fair few new releases that most people would probably like too, and they're usually shorter. I'm up for anything honestly.

Oh man that's awesome. I like seeing Bowie do songs from The Idiot, like how he does China Girl on Let's Dance.

>Two hours
You ain't seen (heard) nothin yet...don't look at Zagreus' runtime

Oh good shout, I haven't listened to those, I heard about an interesting change they did to Cold Fusion though

What hosting would we want to use for the audios? Because I can link Dailymotion uploads of Iterations of I, Dark Eyes 1, and Mary's Story (30min single parter) which have been up for a couple of years.

I've not heard any of the Dark Eyes line, this is a good shout - other people have probably heard them though

>of I
What do you mean by this?

Audios have to be on dropbox to be streamable
That's the easiest way

What about google drive?

Mary's Story is so GOAT, it works in so many ways, it's like a perfect little microcosm of how BF cracked 8, the charming romantic side, the historical adventurer stuff, the gothic story, an actually interesting time travel story, and a rare case of BF doing the Time War right (they honestly handled it better before they were actually allowed to handle it, i m o).

Dark Eyes is pretty contentious, but I think it's totally GOAT. Most people will probably agree Dark Eyes 1 is at least very good.

Peter Capaldi and Jodie Whittaker on The Graham Norton Show when?

streaming audios isnt supported via google drive
Unless you make a video out of audiofile but its easier just to dropbox it

Why hasn't this happened yet?!?!

>What do you mean by this?
It's the name of the story.

Okay, well those ones I mentioned (videos with audio and blank screen) are always available in case someone wants to save time.

>Graham will die in your lifetime

>don't look at Zagreus' runtime
too late, i already did. how will my poor attention span cope?

GOD appears near you and tells you that from now on you can masturbate only when watching either Heaven Sent or Hell Bent. Just when watching to one of those. Which one out of these two would you choose?

one of these contains waitress clara, how is this a question?
heaven sent doesn't have anything going for it in that regard. Although, clara does say the word 'arse' out loud... i could work with that

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=IeCWuN0dc5w

the doctor a cute! CUTE!

Apologise

nice to see she's taking it in her stride

Do you think we will masturbate alot when Jodie becomes relevant? I'm saving sperm personally.

That's actually a pretty damn good series.

Care to share a quick redpill of your opinions on the BF Sherlock stuff?

Capaldi is in two meters from me
What do I ask him bros

why are your stories so bad when youre acting is so good ;)

"can I show you this meme I made called Watersports Clala"

ask him his opinion on reposting old pics under false pretenses

Say "HI I LIKE YOUR FACEHOLE"

"Can you hold this plant pot for me for a minute or two while I go for a piss?"

thanks for this post

bigfinish.com/ranges/all_reverse/sherlock-holmes
The first two plays with Roger Llewellyn bear no relation at all to the rest of the range and are really interesting character explorations. There are no mysteries or actual detective work though, if that's what you want.
The early Briggs stories are a mix of Doyle adaptations and original stuff and have their ups and downs (The Reification of Hans Gerber is good and of course The Hound of the Baskervilles is always great, but I didn't like The Tangled Skein and not just because of the supernatural elements).
Then you get The Adventure of the Perfidious Mariner and the three following boxsets (Ordeals, Judgement and Sacrifice) which form something like a 13-episode season and are very good indeed. You can start from Perfidious Mariner without lisening to any previous stuff, if you want that.

Neat, thanks. How do they compare to other Sherlock adaptations?
And is Briggs genuinely great in them or is it merely a meme?

>Heaven Sent the Promised Land, looks alright from where I stand, 'cause I'm the man on the outside looking in

What did they mean by this?

>dadrock
i kid, i kid

They only adapted four Doyle stories (The Speckled Band, The Final Problem, The Empty House and The Hound of the Baskervilles) and they kept them very faithful to the originals.
Briggs is good.

If there's no official, conclusive ending for a companion, and they're not the sort to ever leave the Doctor, what do you do? Make up your own ending for them, or live in denial, pretend the Doctor never regenerated and they're still travelling together in some alternate universe to this day? I'm gonna go with a combination of the two.

l feel like there aren't that many examples of this other than Ace.

So these
bigfinish.com/releases/v/sherlock-holmes-holmes-and-the-ripper-16?range=27

bigfinish.com/releases/v/sherlock-holmes-the-speckled-band-719?range=27

don't connect to those first two Roger Llewellyn ones at all? Confusing how BF puts them all in a "Series 1" type thing.

If it ever gets too complicated and I don't wanna make an elaborate headcanon, I just do do the old "Time War changed things" handwave

>want to watch a video pertaining to Doctor Who
>Christel Dee is in it
>stop watching video

This keeps happening to me. Why is this fake gurning irritant in everything? What's the appeal?!

That's right. A more sensible division would be the two Llewellyn plays as "series 1", the standalone Briggs stories as "series 2" and TAOTPM and the three boxsets as "series 3".

Cool, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for sorting this out for me!
This looks interesting too bigfinish.com/releases/v/all-consuming-fire-1229?range=27

When she turned up in the Babelcolour anniversary video I couldn't help but laugh. There's no escape.

Fitz counts. He doesn't get an ending at all. It ends on an utterly ambiguous note. There is the thing that, if he survived - which we don't know that he did - Fitz planned to stop travelling. But if you know anything about the character, you'd know that the permanence of that decision is highly questionable.

For this character, I'm happy to make an elaborate headcanon. His ending - which, yes, I ended up accidentally spoiling myself for - is so fucking ambiguous. Not that I mind, though, because having no conclusive ending really lets me imagine any number of scenarios playing out.

>What's the appeal?!
She has her own pronouns, so she's special and shit.

Can't wait till Adam Orford is the host of the fanshow. Its a future worth living for

>I ended up accidentally spoiling myself for
ree you gotta stop doing that to yourself!

>Adam "525600 pictures" Orford
>Adam "Tell what's true and I'll report you" Orford
>Adam "Anything's free once I pass security" Orford
>Adam "Just one pic and like glue I'll stick" Orford

Fresh memes from Facebook

Fill in the blanks, /who/.

The virgin kino
The chad soap

I was like this during the first 24hrs after the announcement - now I'm honestly over it entirely.

If it's good I'll kepe watching, if it's awful I'll probably watch a few more to see if it changes - if it does change to good again I'll carry on, but if it gets worse I'll give this season a skip and assume it'll get better next year.

Where did it all go wrong?

So is Russell The Davies better than Steven Moffat?

delete this immediately McCoy is my favorite

>Chibnall, so far is worse than Moffat
Yeah comparing the totally existent Chibnall era to the Moffat era, it really doesn't hold up. All those actual quantifiable episodes really didn't work. All those casting decisions we actually saw in action were shit. It's a great thing we actually have evidence to base our opinions on.
>Personally I would have asked Toby Whitehouse to take over
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the joke is that i'm implying the overly goofy seventh doctor is better than the GOAT chessmaster cartmel one

how could I have been so blind

make a new loss meme pls

@edge

What did Briggs mean by this?

Fitz's song from the last EDA is about the Doctor, and no other explanation makes sense. I would personally engage in hand-to-hand combat with anyone that disagrees.

If you doubt me, I can explain it. Particularly the two lines I suspect might throw someone off.

I know, it's terribly annoying. It doesn't diminish my excitement to read, though. I don't have any context for the stuff I know, so I'm desperate to find that out.

Christ and I thought we were petty

>she won't attract fans to make up for those who see has casting as a stunt

How deluded do you have to be to think that?

Why not explain it any way, even if someone doesn't ask, so you can immortalise your explanation here?

>bye then you sniveling CUNTS

Shame he didn't write "Fuck you, Rick, you're a fucking infant"

Okay, okay. Yes, good idea. But if it ends up being too long for one post, I'll probably just stick it on pastebin or something instead.

This is actually pretty fun to do, but let's also "Classic a NuWho"

>Heaven Sent
>The entirety of the episode takes place in the TARDIS control room for 5 episodes straight

no

What page is this?

>The End of the World
>There's no psychic paper, and the Doctor spends 5 episodes intermittently being imprisoned and breaking out of prison on Platform One until the Earth finally blows up in episode 6

I know I will.

Is it wrong to want a /who/ raid where we all just praise nuwho

>filename

youtube.com/watch?v=Tbu0CoWflfc

some people are IDIOTS

>Amy is last

Genuinely surprised River beat Clara
I've seen Pip and Jane defence a weird amount lately

As far as I've seen on Facebook their hatred of River far surpasses that of Clara.

That's genuinely a riot considering how much Cybermen changed within the classic series alone.

>80s Cybermen being actual Cybermen

>nothing can ever change!

>what are these things you call feelings

1/2

2/2

>literally getting angry at something they made up

>nitpicking but i dislike...the resilience of humanity, hope...optimism

arewethebaddies.gif

>Traughton

>CLASSIC IS ALWAYS BETTER SHUT UP