So Sup Forums, anybody else heard of this?

So Sup Forums, anybody else heard of this?
A small, all boys Catholic school in Little Rock Arkansas posted this sign and a bunch of national and even international news sources covered it. Is this the most redpilled school?

I haven't heard about that, but that's how I remember growing up. Funny what used to be commons sense is now what we have to call Based.

Yep. My school in Iran had a similar policy. You forgot something, too bad, you'll learn to solve your problems. Never forgot something twice.

Seems pretty sexist and problematic to me to assume not only those kids genders but also force the ones that identify as girls to meet the same standards as the boys.

'95 millenial here
I wish my parents sent me to a charter school or catholic school
I had some bad cringeworthy moments as a kid and had to result to fighting people

It's an all boys school...

I dunno. That seems kinda bullshit. When I was going to school as a kid I would forget shit all the time. It happens. Children are far from perfect. If a kid happens to forget their homework should they really just have to get a zero for that assignment. What's wrong with their parents bringing it in for them. Isn't having people who are there to help you the whole point of family?

The highschool I work at in southern California let's parents bring Starbucks to the kids.

Slippery slope, see

Womansplaining

Fighting builds character. I bet you have a good job and girlfriend, right?

How do you know those children identify as boys you bigot? It's possible they are misgendered.

Are you really trying to argue that a parent bringing in shit for a kid that they fucking NEED to get throught the school day will lead to them bring coffee in for their kids? Ultimately, it's the school's decision, so they can choose what they do and don't allow the student's parents to bring in for them, but there's a big difference between homework and starbucks.

Yes, I am because that is what has happened. It started off with parents bringing in homework/books to parents bringing in hamburgers/starbucks. It wasn't like that 6 years ago when I started but it is now. The parents have too much power.

>need
Lol

Learning not to forget shit is more important than homework

I think the Idea is that it teaches kids responsibility in the sense that "If you don't have something ready your workplace will just fire" type stuff.

Just have to do it without getting caught

I love it.

It's a lesson in responsibility. Parents mending every error is why we have retarded kids today who cant or won't do shit for themselves.

Kids being kids isn't an excuse. If your kid forgot, he should have to face the consequences.

>I dunno. That seems kinda bullshit. When I was going to school as a kid I would forget shit all the time. It happens.
learn to not forget your shit. It's school. School is for learning things.

cuntsplaining

>browse Sup Forums
>job
>gf

>Are you really trying to argue that a parent bringing in shit for a kid that they fucking NEED to get throught the school day will lead to them bring coffee in for their kids?

yes.

lmao I thought this was the norm

>such is private school

Live near it, legitimately a great school, and has only improved since white flight from desegregation woes (look up Little Rock Central High crisis) led more parents to choose this private school option. this and the local Episcopal school are the best options to avoid Dinduism.

In my school if you gorgot lunch the school either gave you an apple for lunch or you had to forfeit the recess time after lunch to clean up the tuckshop and you'd get given a chicken sandwhich at the end

Sometimes mum would pack me a tuna sandwhich and I'd pretend to forget it to get the chicken sandwhich instead

>tfw in teacher training
>tfw scared to work in public schools
>tfw atheist but might just work in a religious school for the discilpine

>be me
>do school work
>get graded not on ability to do it, but ability to bring it in for an arbitrary deadline that I will not need to meet in future due to car ownership
Somehow, this is based

>desegregation
I've heard stories from my parents when the schools were forcefully integrated. Nightmares, bro. Nightmares.

My parents sent me to a good, mostly white, public school despite being able to afford a private school. I wish they'd given me a based private or military school education though.

do yourself a favor and fall into a wood chipper

why the fuck would they ban bringing lunch? Does that mean parents cant come and eat with their kids?

>been in lots of fights
>shit job
>no gf

So much for the wild theories, doc

>Sometimes mum would pack me a tuna sandwhich and I'd pretend to forget it to get the chicken sandwhich instead
Devilish

They're kids. The lesson to bring your shit is more important than 99% of things they'd learn anyway.

>the only way to teach a kid something is to deny them food
aight

This is absolutely fake and absolutely gay

Yeah, I feel bad for poorer whites here that can only do public, because basically all 4 or 5 public are at least 1/3 Dindu. Charter, religious, or drive to another district are what most people do. Central High has metal detectors lol.

And then hall is a shithole and central is only good if you're white

That's actually a really good way of teaching a kid a lesson.

Central will teach you how to interact with nogs without getting your shit fucked up. Though interacting with nogs in the first place means you already fucked up somehow...

>Catholic school

Is hell. Never, ever, send you your kids to a catholic school.

I used to be a pretty happy kid, very to myself and peaceful, never got rowdy or anything. If my parents kept me at catholic school another year while I was in 6th grade I had serious intentions on trying to kill somebody or in the very least get expelled. I remember trying to figure out how Molotov cocktails were made and I was going to take an empty wine bottle from the recycling bins at my house and fill it with gasoline and stuff it with a doused rag and light it with a BBQ lighter at school.

I probably wouldn't have gotten close to doing it since I was so young and probably would've messed up or somebody would find out what I was doing. But the intent was there.

I wasn't the only one in my grade like this. Catholic school is fucked up. If I could murder two people in this world, it would be my old principal and the bishop.

>inb4 raped/touched

Wasn't. I just fucking hate catholic schools. I would blow up that church and school if I could (without anybody in it obviously).

Making their parents bring in their forgotten lunch will teach them responsibility while also allowing them to eat it.

Them wasting their parents time should be enough of a lesson if the parents aren't shit tier.

This is retarded and it baffles me how many retarded kids/parents there are.

I hope they at least make exceptions for kids that that have medical issues like diabetes and shit.

I knew a couple of guys in high school who were part of other districts who somehow got permission to send their kids to our school. Our school was probably 20% black which is pretty low for the south. But I've heard that in the last few years it's increased to about 50-50. It's gone predictably downhill from what I've heard.

It's also illegal, so there's that

Hi, Arkansan here, way to teach children and or teenagers from being total shitheads like we see today.

Sometimes you learn better by going hungry for half the day but I see what you mean.

Suprising amount of little rock bros on Sup Forums honestly

Honestly, this depends on grade level. If the kids are in Elementary School, chances are it's the parents that forgot to pack something for the kids. It's like punishing kids who can't drive for being late to class when they were ready to go but their parents were taking too long.

>for kids that have medical issues
If parents need to bring something to school, you can tell that they're not prepared enough.

fucking good

For such a long post you basically said nothing.

Explain why it was so horrible fucktard.

>That's it! You're going to bed without supper!
>Waaahhh, I'll call the police

U srs m8

>Everyone's life is perfect and shit can't come up to where something vital to there wellbeing is forgotten/misplaced by the child/adult

Are you stupid?

Please never have kids.

What else can you do in LR but shitpost on a Tajikistani salt mining enthusiasts forum?

Do it. I spent six years in public education. I couldn't look at the little shits crosseyed without getting the administration up my ads balls deep. Bad manners, no respect and the standards always, always go down.

I dropped a resumé at the local catholic school and they called me up the next day (I have a masters in mathematics) and they wanted another calculus teacher. Since the position wasn't directly related to "matters of faith", like homeroom or theology, I just had to sign an extra piece of paper saying I would not undermine or mock their faith (basically just keep it to numbers, which is fine with me).

Best decision I ever made. They show respect to the teachers, addressing me as Mr. user, high as fuck standards and great pay.

Just do it, you have nothing to lose.

Not for the parents, retards.
A school cannot deny parents entry to deliver food to their children.

school didn't have to do this when I was there.

Both parents worked. If I forgot something or got in trouble it was always

>tough shit we have things to do you will suck it up and wait for the bus

parents need to remember how to make men and not cucks.

Went to Catholic school(s) from pre-K through 7th grade. Transferred into a public middle school for 8th grade. Once there, I was so utterly clueless about how the world functions outside of church and my sheltered little 200-person catholic school that I was basically socially autistic compared to everybody else.

Sheltering your kids and pumping them full of nothing but that without exposing them to their peers in the secular sphere results in literal induced autism. Furthermore, their curriculum is complete ass, especially when you have the same professor teaching both religion class and history class and when you have the senile old black math teacher rambling on about how he witnessed a mass miracle or some shit.

They're often unequipped to deal with kids significantly ahead of the learning curve, and the teaching can be substandard (literally got into a row with my science teacher because she didn't understand what coral was). That landed me a nice detention where I was tasked with copying sections on the Bible in cursive. The Latin they teach is virtually useless, they only begin to touch on actual grammar in like 7th grade. They cut class time every week just to shove you into the church for an extra dose of Mass.

I think I've made my point.

My understandingly liberal parents (born in late 60s) from Cleveland told me about the desegregation. Fucking terrible. My dad said its what killed good public schools. My mom was enrolled at an all girls private catholic school so she never saw it firsthand.

Forced desegregation was the worst thing that's happened to American education and youth. It would've happened naturally and at a local level on its own. Socially/Civilly, things would've been way better off now if it wasn't forced. It only polarized the people involved.

My school district started doing that a couple years ago, it was called the "Win Win" deal where my primarily white middle->upper-middle class suburb (Westerville) would get paid paid an extra $5k for every inner-city student (nigger) bussed in from Columbus.

It made a somewhat left-leaning white population (in a NE kinda way) go far right quick. Confederate flags and racism is rampant in central Ohio now.

We're making AR great again.

No, you idiot. It's a private school. You can get your kid anytime you like, but you may not be allowed back.

Besides, why hire a private school if you're against the lessons it teaches?

You're so right about the effect that integration had on public schools. My parents grew up in the deep south. From what I've gathered, southern schools used to be very good prior to integration. To this day they'll privately share that people outside the south from places without southern demographics simply don't understand what whites live with and see on a daily basis. Race is certainly the one issue where first hand experience will make you a lot more conservative very quickly.

Go back to Iran Mustafa

Thanks for explaining.

I just think it might have to do with your parents being subpar at their job raising you.

My 3 siblings were home schooled til 6th grade and I was home schooled til 3rd.

We basically didn't really know anyone outside of our family til we started school, but my parents actually took us out and exposed us to the world so we weren't autistic fucks.

Even though I was the one to start school (public, never privte/catholic) the earliest, I'm by far the most socially inept. I'm still not autistic enough to not make friends and be able to have normal conversations with people.

Family is the most important teacher in life. School is just so people can have a positive first impression so you can have a chance to show you truly are capable.

So the son will bully some kid's stuff away from him or get bullied into a debt spiral?

I seriously couldn't agree more. The induced autism part couldn't be more right.

I really can't get myself to even try. Like just the fucking thought overwhelms me with so many emotions and so much fucking hate and anger I can't even try to put it into words. The kids there are fucking terrible. You just wouldn't understand. You really fucking can't. It's absolute hell. The environment it creates is just unbelievable. Just the shit it facilitates and holy fuck I don't know how to just get the point across.

I remember there was another kid from that school I met in highschool five years after who was pretty normal and tried being nice to everybody. He's so fucked now. He just shakes all the time and his eyes are always bloodshot and strained. He's not on drugs, he's just so fucked with anxiety and theres just something wrong with him. He talks about how shitty that school was and how shitty the people were. He said he wanted to kill himself in 5th grade because of that school and I believe him. He's not the only one like that from my grade.

The kids who go there are so fucking terrible and only terrible fucking people exceed there. The people in power there are absolutely fucking evil corrupt greedy people and the bishop fucking permitted it. He knew what it was like there and refused to hear any complaints about it.

user I know I sound fucking crazy and I guess when it comes to this topic I am. But please don't believe or buy into the image they give off with their school. For the sake of your kids if you have or ever have them, never send them to a catholic school.

Take your kid to church, teach him the customs, traditions, etc... It's all great. But for the love of god don't make the mistake of trying to indoctrinate them and put them through a catholic school

>If a kid happens to forget their homework should they really just have to get a zero for that assignment.
Yes, or at least reduced. That will teach them to not forget things and be more organized.

With other dudes explanation, in addition to yours I can see a clearer picture.

In no way am I defending catholic schools. Shit sounded retarded when I was a kid, and I still feel the same way.

Like I said in my other post, family is by far the most important teacher in life.

Passing off most of the responsibility of raising your kids to some fuck heads you don't know is piss poor parenting.

It seems way to many parents today don't realize you that actually being a significant figure in your kids life and teaching them YOUR values is the best way to increase their chances of success in life.

Yeah thats how it was for me. I used to be some cringey liberal SJW faggot. Then I actually had to start dealing with those kinds of people at school everyday.

It took a little over a year for me to switch to full red pill. I spent the rest of that school year filing a bunch of paper work and getting a bunch of "doctors notes" and jumping through some legal hoops to transfer to an almost all white red-pilled school to graduate from.

At one point I actually genuinely believed we would be better off if we just went full hitler and gassed all African Americans who couldn't surpass a good health check, drug test, and IQ threshold. Now I'm slowly regaining a little bit of hope.

Literally every school is unequipped to deal with kids far ahead except schools designed to deal with kids far ahead. And it's still no guarantee that everything winds up fine. I was far ahead in my charter high school for engineering, I was far ahead in nuclear power school in the Navy. I'm still unemployed and without gf.

Take personal responsibility nigger.

who here /public/ school?
I think there was a time I actually got into the "special needs" program. It was cool though, we had snail races and they brought in a dead nurse shark for use to touch.
I think it was because I had trouble following directions and understanding. Parents were working in China (not Chinese) so I had a disadvantage in English when I moved to the states.
>you were the shy, sensitive with the great smile

Dawg, every school sucks.

I went to Catholic school, pretty badass time. Lot of good friends, great memories. Slightly less leftist. Absolutely superior to public school, which is basically just pure indoctrination. I would see my kids in Hell before I let them walk into a public school.

Best thing is to homeschool. Don't let a fat, old, leftist spend more time with your kid than you do.

I have pretty good parents and they were great teachers in my life and still are. I'm proud and lucky to have them.

Catholic schools just have this way to override that. I don't know how it's just fucking weird. Out of the four children my parents had, I'm the only one who didn't graduate from a catholic school/ever went to a public school.

I'm also the only one who's turning out to be pretty successful aside from one older brother now, it just took him ten years to get a good job and get serious about school.

We had a "Talented and Gifted" program from 3rd through 8th grade that required IQ testing for admission. This was in the deep south, with a predictable outcome best expressed by one fifth grader when our class passed down the hallway past his: "There ain't no niggers in that class," he said to his niglet friend in his class that was almost entirely black. The talented-and-gifted classes were de facto segregated and entirely white and given extra funding and the best teachers to bring out the best in the talented and gifted students. It was better than private school (in fact, private school teachers transferred into this program, while public school teachers teaching the normal classes were trying to transfer into private schools). It was glorious, and I got a first-class education that led me to college, then grad school, then success. I learned actual grammar and syntax, how to write properly, how to write with beautiful penmanship - basically how to be white.

>"Problem solving" in bold, italics, underline
>trying to condition parents to a point
>that now the village will raise the child
>so relinquish your duties as parents, we'll take it from here

nwo pls

Not italics, sorry, drunk.

Then people will talk to their PTA or vote with their wallets.
It's pretty simple.

Charter school=/=Catholic School

You wouldn't be able to understand the difference unless you went there. You don't have a "science class" being replaced with a theology class at charter schools.

Learn more about what you're talking about before jumping to conclusions you fucking faggot. You're no different than a retarded fucking chimp if you don't.

Was this B'yon program at Martha Vineyard? I swear to god, I've heard that same statement from a 5th grader when I went there !

Fair enough. I was just making a few assumptions. As far as I know I don't know own anyone that has gone to catholic school, only 2-4 years of private/ military school.

Where did you grow up?

Just curious, I grew up in oregon.

>I just think it might have to do with your parents being subpar at their job raising you
>Passing off most of the responsibility of raising your kids to some fuck heads you don't know is piss poor parenting.

Completely and unequivocally wrong. In fact, compared to the average I'd say my parents were far above and beyond the average parents in terms of parenting quality. They instilled an excellent set of morals, proper respect, and a work ethic that most kids only dream of having.

The issue is, you spend 7 hours a day 5 days a week, not counting commute time, stuck in a class with 20 other sheltered kids who've never really learned how to interact with non-Catholic peers. The rules and behavior that's expected are so ironclad, and you're so heavily dissuaded from stepping outside the """moral""" lines that you end up being fedora-tier. Your parents can't really teach you how to interact with other 13 year olds who act so differently from your classmates in Catholic school. Kids are not dogs. It's not the parents' job to socialize their kids, they do that themselves. The problem is that the Catholic grade school environment is so far removed from reality that it's just not sufficiently possible for kids to expose themselves to everything that they should be able to.

Think how retarded kids like that are about Sex Ed and apply that level of ignorance to general social interaction and whatnot. It just makes their transition into the real world that much harder.

I would've happily enrolled in a military school instead.

I grew up in Westerville Ohio. School was St. Paul's.

I see your point and I concede that my knowledge of what catholic school is like is very lacking.

I can see from you and one or two other posters that catholic school enforce a lot more behavioral teaching than I thought.

As far as I can remember, I hardly learned and retained anything about how to behave from school. It was almost all from my family.

I actually went to the same high school my mother did, and had a teacher that was the daughter of one of my mother's teachers.

this just in no one can stop you from seeing your kids whenever the fuck you want

>if you are planning to help your kid out
>TURN AROUND
>your boy is getting molested and he will learn to problem solve on his own

>Also, bringing food to the School's territory is against the NAP. Violators are hunted down with homing missiles.

This user is getting it 100% right. I was fucked for years socially and that was just coming out of grade school. I don't mean to over-extend it but it's kinda like living in prison. Once you get out you're just shell shocked. You don't know what to do or how to do it. You don't know how to interact and if you try everybody looks at you funny. You feel like an alien. You think differently than everyone and you're just fucking weird. You don't even have a clue what to wear. It's 100% induced hyper-autism. Even the most common of knowledge and sense is fucking alien to you like normal dress or just how to hold yourself around others.

It's just fucking weird and unnatural

>Kid forgets lunch
>Calls moms up to give lunch to her son
>this sign turns her away

mother fucking kid solved one problem and the school made a new one and he's hungry and his mom is pissed. good job. School gets an F

Yeah, having your hand cut of for forgetting your pencil case really does help jog the old memory.

>Iran ffs

90% of the time this type of conditioning does not work. You should ask yourself what the purpose of homework is, to educate, or to stress a child. This whole idea of "teaching responsibility" is an outdated boomer teaching ritual that has been proven to be ineffective. The number one priority of schooling should be to educate, not parent

I can see this.

But I would think only a few years between 4th and 8th grade of militarty/charter school, the rest being public (where I grew up) being optimal.

Otherwise maybe some in-house tutoring.
School should mostly be for teaching basic things that parents might not have time for.

I think it's partially a by-product of how rigid they are. I spent 5th and 6th grade at a Catholic school called Our Lady of Hope (oh no doxxxx incoming) and it was unreal. Every gripe I listed earlier was from this one school, not even getting into the other one I went to.

They had a demerit system where things like talking in the hallways would earn you a demerit, correcting my teacher over something earned me two demerits (they only reset at the end of the semester) and once you had like 5 you got detention. No chance to dispute, do not pass go, do not collect $200. And detention sucked major ass. I'm sure there was more that I can't remember but I just remember most of us being so almost afraid of putting a toe out of line. Add that on top of the near-indoctrination for religious stuff and you have a recipe for mental constraints.

>You feel like an alien. You think differently than everyone and you're just fucking weird. You don't even have a clue what to wear. It's 100% induced hyper-autism. Even the most common of knowledge and sense is fucking alien to you like normal dress or just how to hold yourself around others.
fucking thissssss. Literally spot on. My transition into public schools in 8th grade was probably the worst year of my life.

Fucking lold.

Lmao wtf

I passed school without trying at all and I never had my parents bring me any shit

who the fuck wants their mom coming to school to bring their lunch or a text book

>When I was going to school as a kid I would forget shit all the time. It happens.
You just made their point. You kept forgetting because a teacher would just give you a pen or whatever you needed. The whole point here is to make the children realise they've fucked up and to not hand it to them. Make them remember they fucked up so they don't keep doing it. Consequences for their actions.

The most dumb normie faggot who fucked the most cutest girls I've ever seen despite being the dumbest asswipe ever came from a private religious school

He was raised by a single mom too

But he's a loser now

It should be the other way around user. I would say you shouldn't have your kid grow up to some strict guidine/lifestyle like that. Growing up normal amongst general peers is the healthiest thing you can do for your child. The social aspect of school is extremely important despite the bad press. In a way it kinda saved me before it was too late. Highschool is better since your child is more independent and is aware of how to behave in casual settings. Also helps the child not feel like he's set on a specific chained down course from birth since it's not all he grew up with.

Where's that school based at user? I transferred to public with two weeks left of 6th grade and I was actually in shock. I didn't seem to start catching on to how to live like an actual person until the end of 8th grade or so. And then I was thrown into a catholic highschool for a quarter until I mentally went off the fritz and started going haywire until I got put back into public. I don't mean to downplay PTSD but that's how I behave(d). Catholic school got me fucked up.

Honestly I didn't worry about my social life transitioning. I just wanted to get out after 4 years of non-stop kicking and screaming about how much I hated it there and needed to leave. I have a cousin with a similar experience.