Sup Forums btfo

Sup Forums btfo

Other urls found in this thread:

tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its funny Hillary was talking about how much she loved unions today in Cleveland when they have descended into irrelevance. Their traditional user base would be lost if they didn't import Hispanics.

Name one way in which the middle class has contributed to humanity.

>Two events occur simultaneously therefore they must be related!!!

Eat shit

tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

GEEE maybe its the other fucking way around???

Correlation != Causation

This.

Really made me think, OP.

Most developed countries have seen similar declines in union membership, but have not seen the hollowing out of their middle classes.

Spends the capital necessary for privatized innovation.

Jesus, what the fuck was she wearing?

Shit is ugly.

maybe its because all the union jobs got shipped over to FUCKING CHINA...

Because even after America voted a democrat into power to stop Nafta HE FUCKING SIGNED IT ANYWAY

they were always going to China. You can't compete with $1/h slave labor. ACtually I think China is losing those jobs to poo-in-loos because even the chinks are starting to have some standards

wtf I hate the middle class now

*FUCKING CHINA AND MEXICO

there is nothing wrong with unions.

it is when government is anything other than a neutral third party, between labor and management, that the problem arises.

>You can't compete with $1/h slave labor.

Yeah you can....wage cost means nothing in the long run because of currency inflation. Are trade deals are so fucking stupid and bad we don't put currency manipulation protection into them.

*our

But both are decreasing because NAFTA has driven all the manufacturing jobs out of the nation. You can thank the democrats for that.

American capitalists are particularly ruthless towards labor.

the US has worked very hard to ensure the dollar is immune to spikes or drops. I don't see how you start juggling with exchange rates to force people to keep factories in your country

>can't into the superiority of freedom and scientific innovation, as fostered by trade protectionism
>shitposts about the advantages of slavery as an institution, and economic free riding, instead

Perot was the only 1992 anti-NAFTA candidate. Daddy Bush promised to sign it too. Also, China isn't part of NAFTA, but was granted Most Favored Nation status by GHWB before it even passed.

>trade protectionism
ok, you're the president/congress. Force Coke, Apple and Nike to stay in the US. Go.

>not plotted on the same scale
So two numbers went down by some amount during the same period. They may not even be correlated, let alone have anything to do with each other.

Are you arguing currency manipulation is not real?

America is the #1 market on planet earth if you want access to that market you have to make your goods in America....WOW IT WAS EASY

>America is the #1 market on planet earth if you want access to that market you have to make your goods in America

>Those corporations:
If you force us to move manufacturing in the US, our operating costs will increase several fold, our profit margins will decrease significantly, so will our employed workforce, as well as the taxes we pay. Furthemore, the US does not represent the majority of our sales (definitely true for Coke and Nike, probably Apple)

Industry bypasses unions by bribing government to bring in cheap foreign labor. Unions are worthless people don't join unions.

>so will our employed workforce

I don't give a fuck if your employed workforce of chinese slaves decreases

US workforce. I assume mostly sales staff. Apple doesn't own the Chinese factories

why does that graph looks like mexico

>Furthemore, the US does not represent the majority of our sales

But you couldn't survive without the American piece of your pie. It might not be the majority but its such a large chunk for such a small population density that coke and nike would open up factories in the US

>Apple doesn't own the Chinese factories

Yeah they outsource to existing factories

So then they will lose out and their competitors will gain the market. Hard to wrap your head around?

>both these things go down so I can make it look like they go down the same amount by creative labeling on the Y axis

Really makes you think....

>fiat currency

woah how'd that happen! must be unions!

both those companies have access to roughly the entire planet. Especially Coke can also claim that by and large any human being can afford their product. So I don't even know if the US is that big a chunk of their market.

what competitors? I don't see anyone trying to sell US-made computers nationally

>Export jobs
>Union membership decrease
>blame middle class

Bases are covered

What is (((Free Trade)))?

>both those companies have access to roughly the entire planet.

Thats real cute but the cost of a 2-litter bottle of coke in china is $1 and the cost of a 2 litter bottle of coke in America is 2.29

not only does America give them a large chunk of their business they also get the most bang for their buck in America

>lower wages so people can't afford to pay union dues

If unions were doing what the fuck they were paid to do, they'd be able to hold membership numbers.

sure but who signed it?
checkmate left fags

that doesn't matter if the number of customers offsets the cost per item. China's population is 4x that of the US and so is the Coke customer base

Correlation does not equal causation

It seems you have no idea what the free market is you stupid nigger. They don't have to comply and choose to sell in America. Their loss will become someone else's gain. The golden age that will follow the impending growth will be fantastic. This is why your a fucking europoor

This is literally the classic correlation doesn't equal causation example.

Technology has been a bigger detriment to middle class income than union membership.

But they can't. America has never had a strong labour movement. The American bourgeoisie is ruthless towards organised labour. Trade unions are clamped down upon by laws like Taft Hartley.

I don't know of one scientist from 1900 onward, save Hawkings, that was from a wealthy family

Academia isn't made of silver spoon Clintons or even relegated to come from urban areas either, rural areas produce scientists that contribute greatly to their respective fields

What have the wealthy done for humanity other than hoard wealth through dubious means and use it to escape justice whenever they fuck up?

you keep assuming that US-based manufacturing is some pot of gold that no one has tapped into yet

you don't think that at least someone would have tried to make computers in the US, even if they cost twice as much as Apple products and wave the flag to attract customers?

I meant you're, you fucking piece of shit

But, but, muh trickle downs!

>share of income
Complete strawman

Protectionism hasn't been put into practice yet you fucking autist

2L cock in Australia would be like, 4, 4.50 dollarydoos

pretty sure it was in place for centuries, before companies had viable international options

But if you insist on current examples, look no further

Whores on instagram make more than a majority of scientists (girl with big tits Jordan Carver makes 250k just for being a female with big tits)

Tell me nothing's wrong with that kind of system

The advancement of society should be the number one goal, acceptance of human fallibility does not render that goal invalid

> manufacturing jobs leave
> less people working in middle class manufacturing jobs
> less unions needed because less people working
> middle class shrinks not due to lack of unions but lack of the jobs which are historically run by unions.

What is a spurious relationship, OP?

>2L cock
damn, that's huge.

Unions create short term benefits with long term problems.

Bingo. Only truly based user in this thread.

>Whores on instagram make more than a majority of scientists

Supply and demand. If you're a scientist, go ahead and patent an invention to make yourself rich. Or tap into the big tit market by making a boob pill or something

>illustrate OP's point
>disagree with OP's point

Thought the same thing

>North Korea is equivalent to the largest economy in the world
NIGGER we are already ahead of the pack. When was North Korea leading the world? Protectionism replicates. Employing trade barriers in a nation with nothing will clearly make things worse. That's not even close to being an argument

>all the business get fucked by unions and go out of business
>all the members are now unemployed and cant find work, so they dont bother paying into unions
>wages decrease

cmon its not that hard

Holy Fuck. What's it like to literally read at below a 5th grade level?

ok let me illustrate it in simpler terms

>US bans Corporation X for manufacturing abroad
>Corporation X moves to China because the world market is larger than the US market and even if it wasn't, it can't keep a profit margin from US manufacturing
>US customers are left without Corporation X products, relying on more expensive alternatives or even going without that product entirely

>implying implementing protectionism would cause famines and totalitarian rule

Buy into globalism goyim! Otherwise you're doomed!

Do you need me to tell you why having scientia dictated by consumerism is a bad idea? Do we really need MORE flat screen tv's? If there was some residual benefits for all scientific fields from having your 1080 HD tv turn into a CURVED 1080p HD tv, then maybe my argument would be invalid, but the specialization, waste of resources and minds is benefitting literally no one besides people who fund it and trick consumers into thinking they need ANOTHER 1080 HD tv (now with Netflix!)

Nasa can be run entirely on 240 mp VGA input desktops, yet thousands of scientists are employed in creating literally useless consumer goods instead of doing something useful like hydroponics or ballistics

OP is implying union membership decline caused the decline of the middle class.
I'm saying that neither caused the other, but rather both were caused by the decline of available manufacturing jobs in America.

>wagecucks think we will pay them more if they form unions

No we just fire you and replace you with robots and or mexicans.

What do you do user, if you're not a wagecuck?

>valuing big tits over advancement and betterment of our nation

This is why capitalism is bullshit. The invisible hand always finds a way to take money from our pockets and put it in the pockets of people who are hellbent on ruining our civilization.

what can we do to save our people, user?

the market dictates what's useful and what isn't. Someone has to pay for research. It can be Sony looking for better TVs, it it can be you from increased taxes and with no clear direction in mind other that "bettering humanity". I'm sure you'll understand when some primatologist wants a $50k grant to study ancient primate asses and needs it to come from you.

>betterment of our nation
pretty words, and who decides which research will lead to a better tomorrow? You, user? Will you also pay for it?

So you think wanting 50k in funding to go to biological studies is better than having 50k in funding go to pure consumerism with no potential benefits?

And you think abstract concepts (spooks) such as markets should dictate our reality?

biological studies can be bullshit and "consumerist" study can lead to better technology for space, medicine, etc.

there's no doubt that the most useful research isn't always at the forefront. The point is that the people who pay for it get to decide how useful it is

Drop capitalism or design a system where capitalism serves the state interests, like China or Francoist Spain. No more large concentrations of private power that act contrary to the interests of the people and to the state. Only way out.

thats her skin, user

Yes, the national leadership will decide what research goes where. Said studies need to reinforce the national regime and the superstructure, just like any scientific study does.

>the national leadership
so Congress? That one congressman who was worried an island might tip over from overpopulation would be a boon for scientific grants, I'm sure

this is so retarded. the union participation declined because the number of union jobs, mainly manufacturing jobs, began to leave.

and why do I care to get involved in the negotiations of salary between people?

Lol implying we'd still have a congress. Democracy and capitalism are both failed experiments, this would be conducted by a one party, authoritarian state.

Capitalism isn't some artificial system, it's the natural state of humankind. You won't be able to find a single example of a tribal/national government in which the few with the most means didn't rise to the top and dictate policy.

Great the population is larger the population also lives in abject poverty.

Nike isn't getting $100 a shoe anywhere on earth but America and Europe

I wonder how middle class share of income correlates with illegal bean labor

>Join union
>They make me pay them every month to be a part of the union
>Employer pulls some bullshit, we get less hours and less pay
>Union heads do nothing because they still get their hours, better pay, and all their dues
No thanks.

they're probably getting less than that in China and still keeping a profit margin though. If the margin is 4x lower with the same customer base they're comfortably in the green

>one party, authoritarian state.
who gets to rule that state? How is it decided?

>Democracy and capitalism are both failed experiments

Listen here taco nigger. We scientists have tried doing that. Everytime we do, normies scream "REEEE! Gib me dats!", and the mighty penis of law fucks us and prevents us from making money, saying bettering humanity is our payment.

Yeah

That's my point if they are forced to manufacture they're goods in America they will still be comfortably in the green.

Freidman was a cuck his inflation principle for free markets turned out to be bullshit because dictatorships can account for it and manipulate their currency. We need some basic protections for our market. What Coke and NIKE do outside our borders is their problem in the US they will manufacture their products here

Trump is a meme anyway.

>Taco nigger

Potato nigger, but most likely an American working for a company taking advantage of Ireland's taxs laws

cool
now correlate those two things like a big boi