Cary Fukunaga original script for "It" considered much darker

Why does Hollywood hate Cary so much?

buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/original-it-script-cary-fukunaga-chase-palmer?utm_term=.ai50MxbQM#.gbOvzP7Kz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C8MkL2ekzlM?t=1m3s
youtube.com/watch?v=Yiqfsy2I3dY
youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
sendspace.com/file/8xxtpu
youtube.com/watch?v=9pWC-4dx3Q0
youtu.be/iqlLhoyTspk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off Cary.

where can i read fukushimas script?

Why are you linking directly to clickbait instead of using archive.is

The Lovecraftian elements he included were too much.

Cause he's a pretentious douche. I mean just look at him. Even more pretentious looking than Colin Trevorrow

This. He wanted way more sexual and weird shit in it.

people dont like dark as much as you think

We've known about this months prior to release. He had more fucked up stuff than even the book.

Maybe they shouldn't watch horror movies?

What other fucked up shit did he want?

>Darker
Like... You couldn't see it lol

He wanted like a giant clown to come out of a projector screen, and a dead headless kid to chase someone. There was also this super dark fucked up scene where blood shoots out of a sink FUCKING EVERYWHERE! no kidding.

Henry bowers jacking off onto a cake

>read the leaked script

>harry fucks a sheep and cums on a cake
>Beverly blows the black kid
>the Jew shoves a gun up Pennywise's ass
>the fat kid lactates when they cut his stomach
>that one kid shoves a handful of pills down his mother's throats and she dies

What the fuck was he thinking

that sounds WAY TOO SCARY
that would be like NC-17 or some shit dude

So many triggered people in the comments talking about how bev's heroism was taken away and she became the damsel in distress, kek

>ignoring how she threw the first rock to save Mike from the bullies
>ignoring how she was the first to dive off the cliff
>ignoring how she knocked her creepy dad the fuck out
>ignoring how she put a crowbar through Pennywise's head when it was tormenting Eddie
must women always be professional victims?

Any chance someone can animate It walking on all fours with Georgie strapped to his back?

This sounds terrifying and way better than the shitty glitchy screaming It that we got.

was the gang bang in it?

>2017 version: Henry tells Mike to "get out of my town"
>miniseries: Henry calls Mike a nigger
why does a television production made in 1990 have more balls than a modern R-rated film?

>harry fucks a sheep and cums on a cake
why?

>that sounds WAY TOO SCARY
are you a fucking idiot? THAT is horror. What we got in Any's It was PG 13 horror and not actually R Rated.

>"BUT IT WAS AN R RATED MOVIE!"
No. It felt like a hard PG 13 movie just cos of the swearing and arm rip scene at beginning otherwise the Leper scene was PG 13.

I have never seen the miniseries but holy shit they use the N word in that??

HOW COME THEY COULDN'T IN AN R RATED MOVIE?

Hollywood is becoming a fucking joke.

My take is since it had stranger things kid, the studio wanted to tone down the movie cos they knew lots of kids would go see this with their parents.

Same reason they got rid of all swastikas in new call of duty and changed all the uniforms, because young kids play it so cannot make it historically and violentally accurate.

To even do the book justice you'd pretty much have to be willing to make a NC-17 film with all the fucked up shit in it. It doesn't surprise me they didn't wanna go with his original

None of that really seems like it would be THAT bad in context or disturbing really aside maybe bev blowing someone

>Beverly gets BLACKED
no thank you

He's being sarcastic.

starts at 1:03
youtu.be/C8MkL2ekzlM?t=1m3s

Can someone give a summary of the differences in the original script?

harry had some demons

Question for people that have seen the new IT. In the book there were a couple scenes that didn't make it into the first film.

Obviously no sewer sex, but did they include the scene with the big bird and the smoke stack? Did they include Patrick and the flying leeches?

The leech scene made my skin crawl reading it and I always hoped they would include it.

Lovecraftian or more Lynchian?

More Lovecraftian I think

>Question for people that have seen the new IT. In the book there were a couple scenes that didn't make it into the first film.
>Obviously no sewer sex, but did they include the scene with the big bird and the smoke stack? Did they include Patrick and the flying leeches?
>The leech scene made my skin crawl reading it and I always hoped they would include it.
No, Patrick's parts aren't in the movie really, which sucks cause he was one of the most disturbing characters.

>Obviously no sewer sex, but did they include the scene with the big bird and the smoke stack? Did they include Patrick and the flying leeches?
Nope, none of that made it in.
In the movie Mike's parents burned to death in a fire and that's what IT uses to torment him.
Patrick is just a generic bully who wanders into the sewer looking for Ben, runs into some spooky dead kids, and then is eaten by Pennywise.

Felt a bit Wellsian to me, dare I say IT

No, Patrick has a small role, but gets #btfo at the beginning of the movie and we never learn about how fucked up he is. Ben is now the history nerd, but we never really see any of the events in the past. Mike has an entirely new backstory, and his encounter reflects it instead.

all of that just sounds edge for the sake of shock value, glad none of that made it

They took a lot from Mike and gave it to Ben (The research of Derry History, the most hated member of the losers by the Bowers gang) Also they made Bev an incestuos rapist instead of an alcoholic. Other than that, not much changed from the Book

>Bill doesn't stutter.

>Pennywise chases after Bill in all fours with Georgie's corpse strapped to his back in the basement.

>Bill has a second encounter with It, in which he sees red balloons rise from the Barrens and morph into floating body parts of dead kids.

>It appears to Stan as a nude woman who is beautiful from the waist up and horribly decomposed from the waist down, and attacks him while masturbating.

>Eddie's encounter with the Leper happens off-screen.

>Mike's grandfather tells him about the fire at the Black Spot and how it appeared as if something was controlling the mob.

>Beverly has a mother who is obsessed with Beverly's menstruation. Her father also tries to molest her after finding Ben's letter.

>Pennywise saves Beverly's father after she assults him so he can keep tormenting her in the future.

>Henry Bowers rapes a sheep, cums on Eddie's birthday cake (which the Losers eat) and kills Belch under Pennywise's influence.

>Patrick Hockstetter is a pyromaniac who likes to torture small animals with firecrackers.

>The Losers get into a firecracker fight with Henry and his gang rather than a rock fight.

>The Losers build the smokehole and Bill has a vision of It's first encounter with primitive humans.

>After defeating Pennywise, the Losers get lost in the sewers and begin experiencing hallucinations, during which we see Bev touching the faces of each of the Losers, vaguely alluding to THAT SCENE.

The homo stuff is not included, and i can see why, but the bit of Patrick being a sociopath was really horrifing in the book. My guess is that had they included it would made Henry look like a normal kid by comparsion, making his character less menacing than what he was supposed to be.

Im dissapointed they didnt include the death of the Cormoran kid, that shit was nighhtmarish. ( he gets chased by IT on the shape of a thing that looks like the creature of the black lagoon only scarier) and also the Paul Bunyan statue

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF HIS HEAD

dohohohoh ohh no no no no

I'm more curious as to why the names were changed. I get changing Bill to Will, as they're just different nicknames for William, and Bill was nowhere near as popular as it was in the 40's and 50's. But changing Henry to Travis is weird. As are the other names.

Some of that, like the fire at the black spot and the origin of IT is rumoured to be considered for the sequel as flashbacks

>*wheezes in black person*

>buzzfeed

doesn't sound too bad

youtube.com/watch?v=Yiqfsy2I3dY

> Hire accomplished director
> Said director has a vision for the film
> Fire director because they're ignoring the studio
> Hier director who will follow studio input

Why in gods name do studio heads have to stick their fingers in everything? You specifically hired someone to do a job because they're good at it and then get pissed when they take it in there own direction. Whether a movie is good or not has next to no influence on how much money it makes, SO WHY NOT JUST GIVE THEM MORE CONTROL TO MAKE THE MOVIE GOOD? It makes no sense.

>Whether a movie is good or not has next to no influence on how much money it makes

That's wrong.

mainly what the theatrical version suffered from was trying to cram too much story into a feature length movie
>Bill immediately decides to confront IT in the house on Neibolt Street despite having no plan and no weapons
>Ben, Mike, and Bev become close friends with the rest of the Loser's Club within minutes of meeting them
>Stan's motivation for suicide in the sequel comes entirely from one throwaway line

msm, plebs, "critics", and social media opinions certainly had influence on the box office, but nothing of that is correlated with the movie being any good.

Darker doesn't mean better, the script was shit. I'm not a huge fan of the new it but it's loads better than what he was going for.

He's almost the only good new age director you faggot.

>Ben, Mike, and Bev become close friends with the rest of the Loser's Club within minutes of meeting them

Excepting Bev, who in the book was already friedns with Richie, the other two happen to meet the Losers as it happens in the book

>beverly blows the black kid
False and I am exposing the whole point of your shitpost right here.

>Henry Bowers rapes a sheep, cums on Eddie's birthday cake (which the Losers eat)
that sounds absolutely retarded

C'mon, he's taking the piss off you.

Is Henry Bowers who she blows. It is even referenced on the theatrical release

I thought that was the best cut scene. That would have been legit.

Baited

By that perspective you'd think Tyler Madea's movies are as good as any Scorcesse's film

I know he's taking the piss, and I'm not even against interracial pairing in real life, but I'm tired of seeing BLACKED shit on my little moroccan basket weaving chat room I go to every day.

>but I'm tired of seeing BLACKED shit on my little moroccan basket weaving chat room I go to every day
there is a very simple way for you to solve your problem

Yeah, people didn't eat up S1 of True Detective AT ALL.

He wanted the sewer scene, Henry to fuck a sheep, and Bev to give Henry a blowjob. Did he really think his film was gonna get made?

>the sewer scene

Sort of.

>Henry to fuck a sheep

Yes.

>Bev to give Henry a blowjob

Nope.

I figured that's exactly why Pennywise came after her. She was the bravest of the group and a legitimate threat.

Even when he had her in his lair, she wasn't afraid of him and he basically had to put her into suspended animation because without her being afraid, he was basically unable to eat her.

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
has to be dumbed down for general audience

at least he's talented though. Watch True Detective Season 1 or Beasts of No Nation and then watch Jurassic World and tell me those two directors are comparable in any way.

>tfw we'll never get Star Wars Episode IX directed by Cary Fukunaga

you can be pretentious when your work is not garbage

Wish he was working on something now

scottish birthday ritual

There was plenty of disturbing stuff in the book already that wasn't used, I don't know why he wanted to change it so much.

was the bathroom cleaning scene supposed to be comedic? the montage and the music was just ridiculous

That design for pennywise is fucking great.

Someone post that webm where he does that funny walk forward after coming out of the fridge.

The fridge scene was excellent. I was impressed they managed to make Pennywise genuinely unsettling throughout, given how much of a cliche he's become over the years.

The only form it took that really spooked me was the fucking painting thing, though. That was fucking horrifying, like some kind of Junji Ito boogeyman.

I liked that they alluded to the Mummy during the big scene near the end, with bandages pulling on Ben and all. Good shit.

sendspace.com/file/8xxtpu

The whole comedy relief thing ruined the movie desu. It was basically The Mummy tier spookiness with "really funny" goofs thrown in.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pWC-4dx3Q0

>The painting scene

Dude that bit fucked me up. I thought the film was great. Creepy clown was sufficiently creepy.

Sounds very kafkaesque, bordering on lovcraftian mel brooks.

I was confused by this too. Why switch things up so much? For there to be separation from the source material?

I downloaded this and read it in full the other day. It was pretty good.

Haven't seen IT but I can't imagine it being any better.

I'm with you on the painting scene, and the comparison to Junji Ito's works makes a lotta sense to me.

If Cary directed the film, we wouldn't have gotten this scene:

youtu.be/iqlLhoyTspk

>Stan's motivation for suicide in the sequel comes entirely from one throwaway line
Which line?

The Bunyan statue wouldn't really work in Part 1. Ritchie's convinced it's a dream even as a kid. He doesn't realize it actually happened until he's an adult and Pennywise does it again.

So

Glad it isn't some grimdark boring shit

Hollywood cares about money more than quality. Higher quality kino will be less accessible, meaning less profits.

Uh, user...

It's to not upset normalfags.

I just read his original script, and the ending in the sewers is very odd. There's a big oculus thing, a membrane full of spiders, and all sorts of shit. Not even joking

This literally the entirely wrong order

Nothing as mentally ill as King.

>Come to Sup Forums Georgie, we've got shills.

Do they shitpost?

This, it was extremely racist. I mean what else could they do when Pennywise's Shuck And Jive scene was him in black face holding a drumstick, set to Johnny Rebel for 5 minutes