Critics are supposed to be curators for the average movie watcher

>Critics are supposed to be curators for the average movie watcher
>88% of the average joe Google users liked Warcraft
>Only 28% of critics liked and recommended it, even though most film goers enjoyed the movie
Are film critics actually an inside joke none of us get? Why do they still exist?

They didn't understand the lovecraftian themes.

People who choose to watch a movie are a self-selected sample and can't be trusted with an unbiased review

>lovecraftian
>not warcraftian
sasuga reddit

Reddit pls

It really wasn't that great of a movie.

Orc scenes were fantastic but the live action really dragged shit down. They made Khadgar into a boy going through puberty.

The only people who liked this movie was the people who have heard of Warcraft but know nothing of it and think "lol im so nerdy I saw the WoW movie" and the Chinese

From a critical standpoint Warcraft is awful. From a typical movie-goer standpoint it's okay. Fun to watch, but doesn't do anything note-worthy.

I'm a longtime Warcraft fan and I would give the movie a 51/100, meaning I liked it more than I hated it.

Been following Warcraft lore since I was a kid, the movie frustrated me but the more I thought about it the more sense it made as a movie.
Adapting Warcraft 1's story into a movie is already an arduous task, the changes were logical. Warcraft 1 is just such a boring thing to make a movie, nothing interesting really happens and it doesn't take advantage of the rich racial diversity Warcraft has, it's just Orcs and Humans.

Considering the years it was in development and all the cuts made I'm not surprised it's a mess. I'm not angry at it or anything, it wasn't the worst thing I've seen, it just exists.

>ITT WoW kiddies who know nothing about warcraft

Hey I can go into detail about the movie and lore differences if you want.

>51/100
can't you just say 5.5/10

or 3/5??

Try and stay away from shit like
>they made Khadgar a kid
Of course he is this is wc1 he hasn't been cursed yet

>tfw they retconned the retcon and made Garona a half human again

Reminder

>82% critic approval percentage
>50% audience score
That's surreal.

Alrighty.
>Gul'dan is leader of the Horde and not Blackhand
>Orgrim is part of the Frostwolves
>Frostwolves even part of the Horde
>Fel is what turns the orcs green and not the blood of Mannaroth
>Thrall being brought back to life through the fel
>Orcs set up camp in supposedly Westfall and not Blackrock Mountain
>No Griselda or mention of Ogres
>No Rend and Maim Blackhand
>Khadgar left the Kirin Tor and isn't Medivh's pupil
>Dalaran is floating
>No mention of Daemons at all
>Orgrim betrays the Frostwolf clan so he can be called the betrayer but he was the backstaber for killing Blackhand and taking over the Horde in the second war
>King Llane tells Garona to kill him so she can be trusted by the Horde, which makes absolutely no fucking sense and ruins her character
>Stormwind doesn't burn to the fucking ground
>Khadgar isn't cursed or affected in any way by the death of Medivh
>Durotan dies to Gul'Dan in Mok'Gora instead of assassinated by Rend and Maim.
>Blackhand dies to Lothar

There's definitely more but I can't remember most of the movie or the lore to pick it apart completely.

an engineer doesn't just round up to the nearest mm you idiots

But dude he sheeped that guy LMAO

One of the only chuckle-worthy parts of the movie. Honestly it took itself so seriously I wondered if it really was a Warcraft movie. They didn't reference the RTS units at all, they didn't have peons or peasants make an appearance, they didn't have Leeroy Jenkins like they said they were going to.

It was so fucking bland. Part of Warcraft's charm is that it doesn't always take itself seriously.

Nice thank fuck at least one other person has some idea, as for khadgar maybe he was cursed just doesn't show yet rapid aging doesn't mean immediate aging...I liked most of the changes thought they made sense, like with thrall, they need to have him 'infected' so he can get over it when he grows up. No blackrock pissed me off tho.

I wish they had some peasant saying 'yes me lord' or 'alright' an orc saying 'zug zug' etc. I liked 'A new orc for the horde' could have used more of that

>Critics are supposed to be curators for the average movie watcher

If this is slightly true, what does it tell you about the state of the average movie watcher?

Don't see the point of doing a movie on a fucking war and cut half the shit when they can earn easy $$$ telling the story of Arthas without any fucking effort except the Stratholme part

You can't just jump straight into WC3 much less WoW which I'm guessing is what you wanted. You kids piss me off so much

They can do everything they fucking want since it's it will always be a movie for fanboy or retarded normies. Who care about Warcraft in 2017 except people who still play the game ? So it's a better idea to give fanboy what they want and not rape the lore and produce a shitty warhammer movie

>nothing happens

Only if you haven't read the manuals and pic related, which should've been the source for the adaptation. But it came out before WoW did so they would have to have a story without dindu orcs.

That they want to see if a movie is right for them or not before buying a ticket.

Yea your the kinda retard that was asking where the blood elves were, you don't have to be currently playing something to remember it and want an adaptation of it. They adapted wc1 with some retcons to line it up with 3. They promised a WC1 movie and thats what we got

WoW plebs wouldn't get it

I know it makes me sad.

>engineers
>accuracy
laughing_scientists.jpg

It was decent, but not good enough. Medivh seem a bit goofy, and they could have shown more scale of humanity than just copy pasting a bunch of orcs in cgi.

Something just felt off, you know? I hope the next one is really good.

WoW is inherently goofy but if they focus on scale, emotion, the horrors of war, and friendship like the LOTR movies then it could be a box office smash.

They should have made tolkeinesque movies instead

Dota movie when?

This wasn't WoW you fucking frogposter, this was WC, but yes WC did have this cheeky goofy element to it from the start and the movie could have used more of it

It was nonsensical trash.

It's simple:
Children are part of the google users.
Chidlren are not part of the critics clique.

I assume you had to play a shitty ass video fucking game (ugh!) to understand the movie because to me it made no sense. At points it looked cartoony as fuck too.

WoW kiddies don't understand it, adults who played 1-3 did understand it just fine, and yes its suppose to look cartoony thats the style