Why was the point of having Arnold Schwarzenegger be President in the Simpsons Movie and not Wolfcastle...

Why was the point of having Arnold Schwarzenegger be President in the Simpsons Movie and not Wolfcastle? Isn't that a bit redundant?

And why was the villain some random guy voiced by Albert Brooks and not Hank Scorpio?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/alaska-payment-fund-idUSL1N11N03U20150917
simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Russ_Cargill
simpsons.wikia.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are you fucking retarded dude? They just re-used the voice, Rainier Wolfcastle and Arnold are two separate characters in canon.

>Hank Scorpio
I KNOW WHO THAT IS

Because the Simpsons has been on for so long that the target audience of the movie didn't know who Ranier Wolfcastle was.

Why would hank Scorpio try and kill his good friend Homer Simpson?

Albert brooks has played multiple characters in the Simpsons, what's the problem with one more

Very chuckscraftian almost sneedesque formerly lynchian

I'm honestly surprised that they never brought back Scorpio. He's such a popular character and only appeared in one episode.

It's just a dumb joke about the president's role being a celebrity idiot. Stop over thinking it.

Arnold can't be president without a change to the US constitution.

Looks like we've got ourselves a redditor chucklechuck who didn't read every issue of Simpsons Comics, boys

whoa..... the simpsons movie was 10 years ahead of its time....

it was supposed to be a cartoon not a documentary!

>Welcome to Alaska! Here's a thousand dollars.

Is there any truth to this?

If you live there you get a check from the oil companies for allowing them to ruin the land. I don't know how big it is.

>ahead of its time
Not really. At the time, Arnold Schwarzenegger was governor of California, a state with 40 million people and a GDP big enough to put them in the G8 if they were independent.

No. You get TWO thousand dollars.

reuters.com/article/alaska-payment-fund-idUSL1N11N03U20150917

If Obama could be one without a birth certificate...

>They just re-used the voice, Rainier Wolfcastle and Arnold are two separate characters in canon.
So how does that work in canon, are the two related, do they know of each other's existence, who is aping whose career?

They predicted Obama

They're just two people with similar voices. Every voice actor for the show has voiced like seven characters.

>two eastern european characters sound similar
What a fucking shock. Really, the ignorance you're displaying makes me want to retch.

So in canon it just so happens that Wolfcastle has an exact doppleganger who is President?

Yeah, probably this.

Did anyone else think that, because there was that EPA notice at the beginning signed by "Russ Cargill," that Russ Cargill was a real person?

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Formerly Rainier Wolfcastle

>And why was the villain some random guy voiced by Albert Brooks and not Hank Scorpio?
This is from the Simpsons Wiki and I can't find any citing for this so take it with a grain of salt.

simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Russ_Cargill

> The original villain was to be Hank Scorpio from the Season 8 episode "You Only Move Twice", but was changed for an unknown reason.

So yeah I guess they just didn't know why Scorpio would want to kill Homer in the movie.

based

More like 26 years behind its time.

reminder, sneed poster is an underage spammer

Perhaps it was that dastardly foe 'reluctance to revise'

Arnold is to Wolfcastle as Chuck is to Sneed.

>simpsons.wikia.com
mmm yes

Go away.

I was elected to Sneed, not to read.

epic, simply epic

>live in AK
>shipping for ANYTHINGS is like 50 bucks or more

Got me.

>I purchased this store from Chuck to feed and seed, not to read.

Probably because Hank Scorpio being with the EPA doesn't make sense.

Do the oilbucks help?

Because none of the 15 year olds watching that movie would remember those old characters, and it would only bring them grief from autistic fans if they used them and raised further questions.

Probably not enough.

>Albert Brooks

Albert Brooks Is clearly the Jewish handler of the Goy President.

Scorpio was supposed to be the villain but test audiences didn't know who he was. Same reason Moe's Tavern is called Moe's Bar in the movie.

That'll teach him not to hail to the chimp.