Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13948190
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> post the great debate
> there is no debate at all. OP is clearly retarded

The Iron Giant

Brainlet

Also ratatouille

Why do all the rats have jewish accents??

the incredibles. a fun family flick with dark themes and adult jokes. great animation, fun all around
ratatouille. a decent film, surprisingly mature message. not bad, but not anywhere near pixar's top 3 (toy story, incredibles, nemo).
winner: incredibles
note: last time i saw ratatouille was in theaters so it might be better than i remember it.

Ratatouille, how is that even a question?

to be fair I always thought the incredibles were overrated, and just extremely well done Capeshit. Yes, it handles its themes very well, but it was still classic superhero film. Ratatouille is much more than that

Ratatouille is one of the Pixar things I really don't get the hype about.

Having a scene where someone "puts a stupid critic in his place" in a film is self indulgent as fuck from writers and bugged me. Outside of that, having half the cast just leave felt weird and was done for narrative convenience more than anything else (the film felt like it didn't really resolve a lot of the things it raised).

Does get credit for not being another fucking mismatched couple/group road-trip movie that all Pixar films seem to be now.

Also, the Disneyland Paris ride is pretty crappy. It's a Spider-man clone but it's short as fuck and completely lacks immersion (video has you flying through the air constantly whilst you still have full view of the floor and your themed surroundings), going to be lots of disappointed people at Epcot.

this

>someone "puts a stupid critic in his place" in a film is self indulgent as fuck from writers and bugged me
>does not like to see snotty pretentious asshole put in his place
>because he's a snotty pretentious asshole who's been btfo'd a million times

kek

at least make a poll you cuck
strawpoll.me/13948190

Shitatouille BTFO

It's a moronic thing to do though. It's the film equivalent of a strawman political cartoon.

>iamsilly.jpg

Critics like in Ratatouille don't even really exist. An arrogant up himself critic who hates everything at best is a troll that no one treats seriously and no one would go to any effort to try and impress them.

fuck. make the right choice, tv

The critic in Ratatouille was pretty unrealistic, but he also gave off quite a lovecraftian vibe

why choose? I'm getting both the ring with blue stones and the ring with a big white stone

Ah yes, the great debate of which is Pixars second best movie after WALL-E, this should be an interesting thread.

Because too many people think "funny accent" is a vaudeville accent, which is what a lot of comics adopt, and is purely Jewish.

OP is a low energy cunt. He should make a poll listing all the Pixar films and remake the thread

Iniemanocni as an overall movie
Ratatuj for the comfy feel of Paree

Also, this

not OP but i can do that

Mr incredible would win hands down he's like a million times stronger then a rat how the fuck is this even a contest op

>you will never see the incredibles battling that mole guys in the sequel

why live

it's a videogame, rise of the underminer

Anton Ego represented the ruling class of society being unreceptive to change.

The whole story is about Remy proving something new and different can exist for the better (A rat cook).

Remy's dad represents his family life and community repressing the possibility, and Ego represented the ignorance of the ruling class completely denying its existence. It wasn't until Remy's cooking btfo of Ego's perception did he realize he was entirely wrong about how the world works.

Ego makes that point almost crystal clear when he goes off on his New speech, outlining the whole point of the film. A new and unforeseen contribution can come from anywhere in society, and the core of the message (as shown by what the film focuses on) is that it doesn't need to be constantly hit over the head or have people sit down in chairs and discuss its worth, it just needs to make society function better. That's why Remy actually working in the kitchen is so important and is the resolution of the film. He's actually acting out the new concept into a functioning part of society.

>Iniemanocni
>Ratatuj
spotted the polcuck

Why did Patton Oswalt have to become one of the top kings of cuckoldry?

I like his stand up.

Wow, you msut be a fucking genius or something.

>"puts a stupid critic in his place" in a film is self indulgent as fuck from writers and bugged me.

But it was done right. The whole conflict between the critic and the original chef was chef's motto of 'anyone can be a cook' which Anton Ego frowned upon. And he was right, not everyone can be a great cook, it takes more than just training, it takes talent, like most things in life. Not to mention, such philosophy encouraged talentless hacks to try cooking and he hated that, since he considered food and cooking as high form of art. But by the end of the movie, he realises that the message was not about letting everyone cook, but about not discriminating the cooks based on their origins. And with that thought in mind, he changes, accepts Remy and goes on with his life, happy and content.

It wasn't 'putting him in his place' you would find in average family movie, where the mean critic gets hit with pie in face, then reports cooking rats to the police, but since they don't find any, he gets put away. This wasn't that type of a movie or this type of character.

As for half of cast leaving, it was realistic. That's what people would do when confronted with such revelation as they were. We are simply used to everyone standing up for our heros, one by one, (Dead Poets Society or Spartacus style) but in real life, that would rarely happen. And that's what makes this movie stand out. I believe Ratatouile is BY FAR the most mature of Pixar movies, it leads its story in ways many actual adult movies wouldn't dare.

I'm not.

Feeling guilty about getting away with killing his wife.

>ratatuj

>pixar's top 3 (toy story, incredibles, nemo).

Forgetting Wall-E, a literal masterpiece that should have easily won 2008 best picture...

The human parts in Wall-E disqualify it from being a masterpiece.

>Using foreign titles and/or fake titles that sound foreign for Kinosseur Browny Points
>Sup Forums
I don't follow.

>Incredibles
>cringy superhero cliche

That movie is pure garbage.

These are the official Polish translations

Despite all that it's still fucking rats handling and making human food, and where the fuck are the cats of Paris in this film? They weren't very well represented.

Fuckin this. Ratatouille is one of Pixar's most underrated and most mature films ever.