Why do we still call things "reddit" like it's an insult? Its 2017, I think it's time we moved on...

Why do we still call things "reddit" like it's an insult? Its 2017, I think it's time we moved on. Can any of you even define what being reddit is?

Other urls found in this thread:

fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtu.be/1_bJo5fGq_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Very sneedcraftian

"Sneedish" makes more sense.

Normy internet culture

this to a fucking T. entry level shit like thinking the dark knight is the best movie ever, thinking rick and morty is something special, spouting memes in public and wearing shirts with tv show references on them, playing video games on current gen consoles, etc. basically iphone user behavior.

This is the last time we speak as friends

I've never been to Reddit, but based on the types of people that get called Reddit I would say Bernie supporting hipsters and fedora tippers with a slightly above average intelligence that makes them think they are better than everyone else. The humor is alien to this place and easy to pick out.

I come here to get away from people like that, blow off some steam, and tell rude jokes. It would appear that people from Reddit come here and throw around their SJW shit.

saying, believing, or liking- the worst offense by far, something I don't agree with
having fun of any kind unless it is 100% ironic

>2017
>still say SJW
oh buddy

This is what we mean by reddit

>Can any of you even define what being reddit is?

t. redditor queer.

but that is facebook, user

Hating jumpscares is the reddit credo

>playing video games on current gen consoles
Why the hell would they do such a thing when kinogames are from the 80s and 90s?

this

consumers of mainstream nerd culture

>Reddit is a site where pretty much everything has their own board
>Still thinking what makes something reddit is a political stance or ideology

go back to r*ddit

i'd say sneedkaesque

Hit a nerve?

It's like once upon a time you just called everyone a faggot because it gets a response. If you make a point you should be able to argue it, not get triggered by someone baiting you.

Fucking Redditfags. They're so insecure about frequenting their shitty website they have to make threads about it.

Yes, easily. Reddit used to be a kind of cool, tech savvy, millennial hangout for the 20-something crowd. The source of Reddit's snobbish intellectualism is rooted in silicon valley startup bro culture. Whether or not you find any merit in that sort of crowd, Reddit has since completely replaced the original userbase with normalfags, gaymers, and mouth-foaming "progressives." Over time the front page has transformed from an aggregate of tech news and programmer humor to what is essentially a collective Facebook wall for stay at home moms and adult children. While reddit has shed the moderately educated userbase it once entertained, the snobbish intellectualism has remained intact.

And everything on tumblr has it's own tag, everything on Sup Forums has it's own board. Yet both sites have an overall culture that influences everything.

Upvoted

You've over analysed it. It's just the same as calling someone a nigger or a faggot once was.

*BURRRP* words have no meaning RICCCKKK *BRRRIIPPP* LANGUAGE IS THE BASTARD CHILD OF COINCIDENCE

kys idiot. The insult is rooted in a stereotype of the userbase.

No, I mean literally everything has their own board, some of the most popular ones are ones directly opposing each other. Sup Forums has broad topics whereas reddit has specific topics, which is what I was reffering to when I say something is not reddit because of a political ideal.

The very fact that plebbit has voting system influences the behaviour of it's userbase

A pickle falls in love with a pickle.

Unable to confess that pickles aren't real, he is pickled with by a deus ex pickle with the girl’s pickle Never minding the strange pickle, he immediately pickles her, and is ovepickled to find out that she doesn't believe in pickle as well.

But, the next pickle, when he recounts the previous day’s pickles to the pickle, she only looks at him with a pickleplexed expression. After some pickleing, he finds out that pickle isn't real and is not the same pickle he fell in pickles with. In fact, she doesn’t pickle in this pickle at all. She is the pickle's alternate pickle counterpart, who has fallen in pickles with the pickle's own pickle, who too is picklefully unaware of pickle not being pickle.

Pickles ensue as the two strike up a pickle to pickle each other their darkest, most private pickles in order to epickle the other with the pickles they need to pickle. While the two chase their respective loved pickles, PICKLES ensues as they begin to fall in pickle with pickling and question the NATURE of PICKLE RICK.

if you dont know what defines a "redditor" it's probably because you are one.
even people on tumblr and facebook understand what makes up the "redditor" stereotype.

>66
>99

Exactly, that's a deep ingrained problem with the site, no matter which subreddit it is. Right wing, left wing, centrist, communist whatever, the voting system creates echo chambers of ideologies in each specific subreddit.

So you call something reddit for being more accessible than shitty Sup Forums meme culture? Why can't you like something thats been posted on facebook?

Except knowing that makes you a redditor, idiot. Way to go in outing yourself.

>inb4 "I'm mature enough to browse both"

Fuck off back there

>Sneed-Ai (Formerly Chuck-Ai)

A Chuck falls in love with a Sneed.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the man's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the male, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the bear's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the male's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of FEEDS and SEEDS.

Because this board is such a meme-addled pile of shit Reddit is literally the only thing left anyone can point to and say "at least we're not that."

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

This thread has been made hundreds of times(always by redditors)always claiming "well you guys can't define it, it's just whatever you don't like, hmph!"
and it gets clearly explained in extreme detail every time by multiple people, just as it has been done ITT

It's normalfag but yeah you're right

>2017
>current year

>66
>99
>Dubs G-Ai

Patrick Bateman falls in love with his dubs.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with dub-finding bot. Never minding the strange repeating digits, he immediately uses it, and is overjoyed to find out that the dubs have a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he engages in more dubs getting ways, he instead acquires singles. Confused by these turn of events, the Wall Street businessman investigates and finds out that the dubs he made is not the same dubs he fell in love with. In fact, the dubs don't exist in this universe at all. They are dubs from an alternate universe, who has fallen in love with the MC's own psycho self, who too is blissfully unaware of their crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While they shitpost all over Sup Forums, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of DUBS.

I like how I can offhandedly blow you the fuck out so badly that this is your response, complete with reddit spacing and everything. Fucking lmao.

What """community""" is a worse influence on Sup Forums as a whole, and which will die out faster: Reddit or Sup Forums?

Why are you guys shiposting?

lol what a miserable autist
>playing video games on current gen consoles
ahahahaha

if thats reddit what is this?
it doesnt matter

Sup Forums is only bad because of reddit so I say reddit

Not only that, but these posts mutually describes the same exact thing.

this

what if i simply enjoy rick and morty and the dark knight without thinking theyre amazing, and occasionally browse reddits frontpage. am i reddit?

Would you do anything for those sweet, sweet karma points?

>that people from Reddit come here and throw around their SJW shit.
lol show me a single sjw post on this entire website that isnt some retarded Sup Forumsyp falseflagging about raising their wifes kids

>occasionally browse reddits frontpage

Both, first the Reddit migration to Sup Forums (r/the_donald). And know the migration to other boards, especially Sup Forums

no my karma is really low because i post there the same way i post here

There's one right over here

Also, do you go through at least the last year of your opponent's posting history so you could discredit him by pointing he visited the donald once?

i cant use either for too long, reddit is too full of tumblrinas and Sup Forums is full of autistic angry neets with no world experience. i have to go back and forth because i start hating the users so much

>Keit-ai went from being the best-selling anime of all time to being shitposting fodder

What went wrong?

>haha im such a radical centrist im just to smart for either website
>haha yeah i guess im kind of a lone wolf
>*awwooooo*
I think you've answered your own question.

no but that very specific scenario suggests you have some familiarity with reddit yourself

Sup Forums embraced it though.
They took the red(dit)pill.

Reddit got tyrone addicted to memes.

youtu.be/1_bJo5fGq_A

I hate entry level things to the point that I daily drive a rally car and secretly hate you retards that drive dirty automatic cars on bald tires with unchanged oil but I also acknowledge that not everyone makes it past the entry level. I've also been on Sup Forums since 2003 and have learned to just go to or start threads I like. there's nothing good left on Sup Forums and there hasn't been anything but b8 and troll threads for years

Sup Forums only embraced it because their population was replaced by people from Reddit like says. It was a migration from r/the_donald

I visit starcraft 2 sub, and let me tell you, that no place on rebbit is free of faggotry. Even the completly unpolitical subs are gay af, which is ensured by voting and karma system. It's like if there was a global (you)s tracker, few men can resist it

Sup Forums has a voting system too, be the biggest retard you can to get the most replies. Been really ramping up (or down?) since 2010, I don't use reddit because when reddit came out I was already on Sup Forums but both systems make for unique garbage and unique success

Nah, 4chins are better by a mile in that regard. You dont ahve an account to keep track of yous, and the diverging opinions actually get more visiblity instead of being buried

Even reddit is sick of this show, so it makes no sense.
Ever been to reddit? They leech onto "bad" ideas and bury them faster than Sup Forums could ever hope. It's weird. They're not sure what they really hate any more until someone explains it, and that's an obvious issue: anyone can make the "fury" (see: dox and NEVER forget) of reddit do anything with a few pics reposted a few times (a day in between) in a week.
WAY scarier than anything here.
Calling something "reddit" has obviously been taken the dead horse and beaten it to a pulp on this board. It no longer makes sense here. What is reddit? Putting in paragraphs people can read?

Oh no, am I reddit?

It's just an idea, though I have to support its destruction. They're lazy. They want no thought process, they want right and wrong. And they NEED someone to tell them what is right.
Know who does that? Rick.
And the recent episodes make it SO blatantly obvious what to think, with multiple minute monologues to make sure the "fans" (idiots) know what to think.
Again, thankfully even THEY are sick of (I guess is) propaganda. It's no longer the "show for smart people" like they thought it was. It never was, but it's the thought that counts,
What a fucking phenomenon.

Oh and I'm drunk like Rick so I'm right! Haha BURP haha!

This

It isn't necessarily better and it isn't necessarily worse, Sup Forums has no accountability which didn't used to be a problem but that was 10 years ago. The site as it is today is far too visible and whether you want to blame that on reddit or not is irrelevant if you consider users who may have never used reddit and came here from other forums, or used reddit but stopped after using Sup Forums.

Sup Forums system like I said now just encourages the biggest retard to make the dumbest post in order to get the most replies, or to half-assedly "raid" a board with a number of shitposts. Diverging opinions being visible is good, but check in on any busy board, the most visible opinion is a repost of a repost of a repost of a tired joke. Other boards have tighter moderation which helps this issue, but goes against your argument that Sup Forums is "freer" than reddit. Sup Forums today is just for shitposting, it's just what happens when enough people get together.

I'm cringing by how reddit this post is.

the layer below normie and above the deeperfags. Like on the iceberg meme they're 'weird', below normalfag.

>posting a picture of a bbc is compelling discussion

What is your expected reply? And what do you hope to acquire?

Well, it's not like you dont have a point

You just gave it to him idiot.

>implying it isnt

It's not, but it's always "visible" post, which is kind of my point

might have in 2012, not on me though.

It's like calling someone racist today, nobody cares

>(Yous) mean something
Yeah I'M the idiot for daring to be open.
This is one of the most active boards. We need to talk.

How very redditesque of you

Everybody be as reddit as possible

>reddit
up vote down vote go back to your safe space echo chamber

>Its the current year

This thread is very Kafkaesque I would even dare to say Sneedcraftian

This is totally it.

*Being reddit* isn't a certain type of person, it's more like civil conversational people on the internet. It's not a characteristic, it's an *act*.

Anybody, from all walks of life, can *be reddit*. You shouldn't assume anything about somebody just from the way they format their text, or how well they behave.

If you put a bit of intellect, which i know you have, into your posts and genuinely just try your best to be a good person then you too can *be reddit*

>Can any of you even define what being reddit is?
1. Striving to belong to a culture of inclusion
2. Believing you are "smart but lazy"
3. Believing in the Meyers-Briggs test while simultaneously believing you are scientific and unbiased
4. Believing you are unique because you have a tattoo of a meme
5. Believing you are politically informed because you watch SNL and The Daily Show
6. when you watch or listen to someone who's somewhat intelligent, instead of immediately scrutinizing it with skepticism you think "yeah, that's exactly what I think, I just couldn't articulate it that well."
7. living vicariously through cartoons and young adult books and using your BA in literature to put them on a pedestal instead of reading or watching something that will actually challenge your perceptions and beliefs

I can probably go on but I think that's enough for now.

It's funny that Sup Forums and Sup Forums are so obsessed with redditors even though the fair share of the boards are disgusting redditors

Holy shit. That pic is the perfect way to describe it.

At least tumblr celebrates individuality, however outlandish. And then they hivemind against those that don't follow that individuality trend of the day. Reddit just recycles memes from Facebook and Twitter and then echoes them for upvotes until a new (old) one trickles down to their site. If you post anything unique/individualized on reddit, you get downvoted to hell for not being hivemind from the start.

Sup Forums is a mix of both, in that you must be individual in certain posts, but then hivemind in others.

Can I just use this thread to point out that the toxic episode is so far the ONLY episode in the entire season that feels like season 1? It is so much better than than everything else so far and most importantly, its actually funny. Hearing toxic rick rip into toxic morty is that new new.

>using reddit stars

10/10

I'm just glad that Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums take the brunt of this tard infestation but you people are starting to spill over to /o/ and that isn't cool

The insult used to be go back to Sup Forums

>Believing you are politically informed because you watch SNL and The Daily Show

This pisses me off so much. This is a horrible personality trait. Many people I know are like this. Its always the ones who wont shut up about politics. Whenever its election season they keep spouting their rhetoric, but when you actually talk to them about it you realize they didn't even visit the candidate's websites, or look up ANY information on their own.

IMO being reddit is quoting shitty shows all the time and not killing yourself.

kek

>Believing you are "smart but lazy"
>tattoo of a meme
>Believing you are politically informed because you watch SNL and The Daily Show
>living vicariously through cartoons

This is it. That is what being reddit is.
Add to that:
> juvenile nihilism
> endless quoting of tv shows
> celebrity worship

>juvenile nihilism
>ju nihislim
>jewish nihilism