So what's up with this movie? My brother said I should watch it...

So what's up with this movie? My brother said I should watch it, but truth be told he's a pretentious hipster so his recommendations are hit and miss. He recommends shit like The Royal Tenenbaums, which actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So is this movie complete garbage, or should I give it a chance?

I'll give it one bump and then let it die.

it's a charming movie, silly on its face with a surprisingly heartwarming message
however, there is a strong possibility that you will find it incredibly stupid
I'd say give it a shot

I think I might just do that. Thank you.

Depends on whether you find fart humor funny.

I did see that, isn't it a dead body that he uses the farts of to propel himself through the water?

I was just trying to get a feel if there was a deeper message in it, or just roll your eyes at it.

the movie has a lot of heart for something that sounds so stupid. It's certainly not a film I would label as pretentious.

Well, I'm going to give it a shot then tomorrow. I already have a better feeling about it than before I made the thread.

cool, hope you enjoy man

I believe the director described it as "the first fart makes you laugh, the last fart makes you cry". Basically said, I know I was tearing up for a good half of it. It's also pretty technically impressive at some parts, the director(s) are competent.

I quite enjoyed it though I was let down by the end. Didn't end how I would've done it.

If you take issue with "pretentious hipster" stuff then it might not be for you though. They randomly burst out into song at times, which blends into the soundtrack and is kind of cringy and jarring at first. The message is quite warm and joyous as well, which a lot of the bitter edgelords on here might take issue with for not being tough and sharp enough.

Depends on whether you can find the Classic's character relatable.

I loved it. Oh and it's also a good movie overall.

Heartwarming movie OP it really hit all the right spots when I watched it. Also, MEW is in it

Mark my words I WILL fuck MEW and when I do I will post proof.

Well then that seals the deal right there, I'm almost looking forward to watching it now based on all these positive posts.

I've been thinking about watching it for a while and this sold me. And Shane Carruth is in it too holy shit

One might say it's a classic movie

Its one of those "Women will never understand" films

C L A S S I C C

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

braaaaaaap