Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The old one

The new one

Tim Curry

>Want to see Curry's IT
>look up runtime

i guess they couldn't go the "colorful clown" route because the old one had that, so they had to go with grimdark edgy clown instead, which was a shame, just one dimension to it.

old one was scarier because he looked realistic

you should look up band of brothers, it's almost 10!

Curry

>on the left
a guy in makeup
>on the right
a cosmic all-powerful entity posing as something he's not

fucking contrarian plebs on this board I swear.

>left
acting
>right
DAMAGED

>a guy in makeup isn't acting like something he's not

wow user

They aren't scary as much as they are disturbing and unsettling

I wanna fuck the one on the right.

>le wacky overacting clown

holy shit how contrarian can you be virgins

Kill yourself, ADD cunt.

I feel like you watch the miniseries for Curry and he steals the show. Skarsgård works in the movie because it's more about the kids.

Just treat it like 2 movies, since it's in two parts anyway. Watch the first part, if you're into it, then watch the second one another day.

Both are shit, just like Sup Forums

>You're a big shill!

>le ad hominem face
merely pointing your shit logic

Not everyone can waste a quarter of the day laying on their couch you sedentary, lethargic fuck

>Clowns don't overact
Did your parents never take you to the circus user. Curry was excellent.

It has two parts ya dummy.

How is this even a debate? The new movie is better than the mini-series in literally every way

4 hrs is only 1/6th of your day tho

Waking hours, though. Most people are only awake for about 16 hours. that makes it 1/4th

this

Curry did it better, but I enjoyed the new one more overall.

Fair enough.

Bill if you're a girl, Tim if you're a 30+ and a man, and a toss up if you're under 30.

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o

>he's supposed to be a clown

He's not. Read this again since I'm pointing out how wrong you are.

I don't know how but pretty much this.

Old and new IT actors both did a good job, but the way the new IT movie handles the suspense and horror scenes is really mediocre. The most disturbing part of the new movie was the abuse by Bev's dad.

The kids in the TV movie and the kids in the new film are both great. The new film's kids did an absolutely perfect job.

Every time IT appeared on screen in the 2017 version I just got bored.

the virgin clown vs the chad pierrot

IMO, the old one is better, it didn´t used screamers, and the majority of the effects were practical (and yes, some of them backfired), but mainly, the characters and some of the logic felt better, let me explain in an old and new comparison:

Old:
>Georgies arm dissapears, but he´s still there, bleeding to death, he even has a funeral
>Thanks to some takes, we know that Bill feels guilty for Georgie´s death, the moment he touches his cheek (which was kissed by Georgie moments after), and Bill´s close up in the funeral are some example of this
>At least half of the characters have a foreshadowing about their future, Bill, which wrote stories and read them to his friends, later becomes a writer, Ben, which builded that dam, later becomes an architect, and Richie, who made some jokes throught the story, later becomes a comedian
>About Richie, he tells jokes kind of often, but we know he´s only in character
>There´s a moment where the kids are in the dam and then, a moment of silence is in, Bill is isolated from the others, his eyes are starting to fill with tears, and then: "You killed Gergie, show yourself!" or something like that, that was good, not excellent, but kind of sublte

New:

>Georgie´s arm is ripped off just to produce shock, and then Pennywise drags his full body to the sewer, how? He doesn´t have a funeral, since they´re still looking for him
>There´s not a sign that makes us see that Bill feels guilty, he only feels sad about it, but that´s it
>There´s no foreshadowing of the future of the majority of the kids, there´s a very good draw of Bill, which MAY foreshadow a painting carreer, maybe? Still, it´s not clear, the same with Ben, are they gouing to change his carreer? Will he become a Histoy teacher or something like that? We don´t know, it´s not clear; it may have to do with the fact that they ommited the adult flashbacks, but in the old one, even if you only watch the kids part, you see it´s more clear
(1/2)

MOM'S

Left didnt just pop out, wave his arms around and scream. He had class and trolled the kids with words.

>About this Richie, I can´t really see a foreshadowing for his comedian career, yes, he tells jokes (in every damn scene, even in the ""scary"" ones, just ruining the tension), but it feels more like he´s like that rather than he´s in character, every scene is either a sexual joke or a personal joke (Adam Sandler tier, by the way)
>It has scenes that could have been memorable. but because of the very, very simple development it seem dissapointing, for instance, the last scene, that would have been incredible if their relationship was detailed, but no, it´s just "I like you just because", and because of that it couldn´t take advantage of the good acting and photography of those scenes
>The kids chemestry is sort of pleasant, a point for that

It´s not like I consider the first one a good movie, but, if we compare both, the old one seems to have more substance, while the new one has more style, and it really shows

(2/2), by the way

>Georgie´s arm is ripped off just to produce shock, and then Pennywise drags his full body to the sewer, how? He doesn´t have a funeral, since they´re still looking for him

They're not you mongoloid. Only Bill is looking for him because he can't let go. His dad was pretty adamant that he stop looking. Inferring the complete opposite from that scene proves you're a pleb and none of your post is worth anyone's time.

His father was looking for him too, but he gave up before Bill, there´s not a clear prove that he feels guilty, unlike the original, which gave more than one prove, still, you didn´t seem to complain about the plot hole of Georgie´s full body through the sewer; I knew there were going to be fanboys, but I didn´t thought it would be the first reply, kek

>i guess they couldn't go the "colorful clown" route because the old one had that

Or maybe they went with white and silver because that was what Pennywise wore in the actual source material.

>I can´t really see a foreshadowing for his comedian career

Because Richie may be a DJ instead, like in the actual source material. (but what I'm calling now is neither comedian nor DJ - it's YouTube personality)

A DJ? Wasn´t he a radio host? (Read the book years ago)

>IT series part 1
6/10
>IT series part 2
2/10
>2017 IT
8/10

He was

Wasn´t he sommited to vasectomy as well?