What went wrong JLaw Bros?

What went wrong JLaw Bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5jaI1XOB-bs
youtu.be/dpaCRJ_u600
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Expecting anyone who enjoys Jlaw to enjoy a movie that isn't lowest common denominator drivel

that's a cool poster, though desu

shitty writing
shitty directing
shitty allegory
shitty acting

yes, very lovecraftian might i add!

2deep4plebs

Give it a couple of weeks and Sup Forums is going to be defending it.

Where have you been the last two days?
It's already certified kino

talked shit about hurricane victims, get shitted on by Trump's treasurer with IT.

Is this the BvS of JLaw's career?

>hated by general public
>completely polarizes critics, many of them claiming to be "baffled" by it

Don't even need to watch it. Confirmed Aronofskino.

Absolutely nothing

pure kino

Well everyone does it so I'll do it to
Lovecrafitian

Just walked out. One of those "holy shit! Favorite movie of the year! At least!" feelings as soon as the credits started rolling. Saw it with 5 other people. 4 of them hated it. 1 of them said he thought it was good, but started asking pleb-tier "was it all a dream?" questions after.

very lovecraftian indeed!

The general public won't ever be ready for a baby eating movie.

Aranofsky a shit

But is it kafkaesque?

I want to go see this movie just so I can get caught masturbating to that scene.

the poster

t.Chinaman

She has shit fingernails. There. I said it.

Actually i thought her acting was really superb. The film is a great fuck you to all the haters and plebs.

She's a repugnant, detestable cunt. She's full of hate, narcissism and bile.

She is a living collection of everything that can be wrong with a human being

>But is it kafkaesque?

Unironically yes

so she's Sup Forums incarnate

Speak for yourself you repugnant faggot.

Fountain > Pi > Wrestler > Mother > Requiem > Noah.

I haven't seen Black Swan and I still think Noah is a pretty damn good movie overall.

Aro is pretty good and he actually has some range.

cocaine and fame

They hired the worst actress in cinematic history.

(you)

Black Swan is easily one of his best tbqh, give it a shot

Pi > Mother! > Requiem > Wrestler > Black Swan >Fountain > Noah.

I fell for all of the memes about this movie being a horror film. I was so excited for someone like Aronofsky to be directing a pure horror. I unironically thought I was getting Rose Mary's Baby: Black Swan edition.

The entire time in the theater I was on the edge of my seat, tensed up expecting pure horror kino and it never came. So many scenes in the film could have lead up to a pure horrifying movie, but it just didn't happen. The scenes with Ed Harris in the bathroom, Him crushing his blood over the broken crystal, the crazy brother and the blood leading into the basement..so many unsettling scenes that ultimately lead into nothing. I think if I went into this with a different mindstate I would have enjoyed it a lot more, honestly. I wasn't bad, I just got baited and switched hard as fuck and never recovered.

the sound design and the editing were pure top notch though. All of the hissing, creaking, popping noises the house made really made you think the house was alive and something more sinister was going on. I think people will enjoy this when it's out on DVD/Blu-Ray and people have an idea of what to expect.

>They hired the worst actress in cinematic history.
This

so much this

Why does everyone on Sup Forums hate her so much?

I saw it in a practically empty cinema which was awesome. The allegorical stuff is all there, whatever you're having yourself...To me, Bardem doesn't represent God per se but the demiurge of the Gnostics, a corrupt idiot God. I also read it as a straightforward anatomy of the creative process.

What I didn't expect was how fucking funny it is. Not Dumb and Dumber funny but absurdist - think Beckett, Pinter, Ionesco, Bunuel...I can also see why people will detest it viscerally.

One decent performance and she's idolized. That coupled with her I'm s normal shtick.

It had a lot of dark humor and I found myself laughing alot

>Entire room crying at the loss of a friend and child
>"what about her! why don't you say something?!"
>entire room full of strangers looking at jlaw
>"I'm....for your children"

unironically made me crack up in the theater and I was the only one laughing in a hall full room. pure autism kino

Sup Forums hates her because she's annoying and people think she tries to hard to be "so quirky and just like us". She's very outspoken against Trump. Also because she's a woman.

Which is a shame because I think she's a great actress. Is she annoying? Oh yeah, but I think she's been great in everything I've seen her in except for the X-men movies.

fuck you, she is /ourgirl/

> The allegorical stuff is all there, whatever you're having yourself
I gave no fuck about all of this and just enjoyed the ride. The story kinda works within it's innate movie universe logic, so who cares. He might as well be just some guy with supernatural abilities living in the woods or something.

You don't need to give a fuck about Bible to enjoy a well done movie. Entartainment's point is to entartain, I noticed that almost any art works best when you go into with a simple mindset.

Black Swan is damn good
youtu.be/5jaI1XOB-bs

then watch movie which kinda inspired it
youtu.be/dpaCRJ_u600

Go see this movie when it is fresh and normies are getting caught in crossfire.Went with my girlfriend and it was my most favourite cinema experience.

People were walking out, gasping, yelling "the FUCK is this" or snickering. I absolutely lost it at the baby scene in he absurd everything was both in theatre and in the movie.

>then watch movie which kinda inspired it
when will weebs drop this? they're literally nothing alike and even Darren said it wasn't inspired by it at all.

>Most expensive student film ever made
>DUDE SHE GIVES BIRTH TO JESUS AND THE HUMANS KILL HIM LMAO
>Heavy handed metaphor and symbolism that makes Zach Snyder look like Kubrick
>JLaw was hilariously miscast and should be more in the running for the Razzie instead of the Oscar this year
>'Shocking' scenes that are obnoxiously designed only to get people talking
>it feels like Arronofsky watched Room 237 and wanted to create a film so layered like The Shining but clearly lacks the talent of Kubrick to pull it off
>the writer is a god metaphor will showcases the narcissism of the director
It's a 4/10 film. Pseudo-intellectuals will like it.

This is where all art is today. To make art today, you assemble the most disgusting elements you can dig up, mash them together and proudly display in all pretension for delusional art critics to fawn over.

Here we have an odd collaboration of the lead actress and her current boyfriend as the director which gives us wonderful shots such as close-ups of her nose and the back of her head. From time to time she breaks from her default mode of being the new Great Stone Face to come up with contextually improper muggings for the camera.

The 'art' here is twofold. First, to see if you can endure the boredom and second if you can stomach the non-boring parts. Maybe the idea was to show the world that if it's not bored, it's revolted. There is no middle ground. There is no sense which no doubt some critics will laud as a reflection of life where there too, there is supposedly no meaning to anything including our pathetic sterile lives.

Miss this if you can.

>they're literally nothing alike and even Darren said it wasn't inspired by it at all.

He literally bought the rights to Perfect Blue so he could recreate the bathtub scene you utter meme

>THEY'RE THE SAME MOVIE BECAUSE THEY BOTH TAKE A BATH
>NO IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THE SCENE IN QUESTION ISN'T EVEN IN BLACK SWAN AND IS IN REQUIEM FOR A DREAM

the absolute state of weebs

Films containing a character whose profession is a writer usually suck because they end up being the author's self insert. They tend to be morally infallible and written so that the audience likes them the most. I consider this a huge red flag because it also shows that the screenwriter cannot think up a different profession for the character. Mother! is no different. Javier Bardem's character was much more likeable than JLaw's and this annoyed me.

Does anyone else have a problem with the screenwriter writing in a writer character?

>JLaw Bros
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

nothing went wrong. loved the use of close ups and moving shots to build tension. sound editing was fantastic. kristen wiig had a great cameo. last 30 minutes were pretty good i just wish it was extended a little to flesh out some of the 10 plagues. symbolism wasn't that subtle but missed some allegories i.e. breaking of the sink representing noahs flood. overall i would give it an A-

A perfect storm of a star and a director that have been terrible for years coming together to make horrible shit.

They are really similiar in themes and main characters.

>sound editing
it's called sound design, dumb brainlet

Utter shits for intellectual dead ends. Fuck yourself to death.

lol what are you talking about. bardem was an insufferable cunt in that movie because he was so self centred and needing to bask in everyones love. meanwhile i felt sympathetic for jlaw because it was her house that she built from the ashes but no one treated her with any respect.

I typically can't stand Jennifer Lawrence but I thought she was great in this.

Actually that's wrong

Perfect Blue
>a film about delusions and split personalities

Black Swan
>A film about the strive for perfection

the only thing they both share in common is that they're both psychological horror movies, dumb anime watcher.

funny how its grossed fuck all and has F rating from the audience, yet it is being discussed more than It.

>Sound design most commonly involves the manipulation of previously composed or recorded audio, such as sound effects and dialogue. In some instances it may also involve the composition or manipulation of audio to create a desired effect or mood. A sound designer is one who practices the art of sound design.

you are talking about sound design

Not the person you're responding to two but I found that Black Swan was thematically and tonally just a remake of the Wrestler but with a ballet lick of paint and some lesbo action. Glad I didn't pay for that shit.

>Javier Bardem's character was much more likeable than JLaw's and this annoyed me

I felt exaclty the same, from narrative standpoint we are obviously meant to take JLaw's side but she was so badly written I just wanted Badrem to do his thing.

This is why I dont like her. That and she's unbelievably smug.

Well there is something to discuss here, IT is just another fucking remake based on relatively shitty book.

Mother! Is a bizzare movie that stars normie startlet.

And it has a scene where a crowd graphically rip apart a baby

>Black Swan was thematically and tonally just a remake of the Wrestler
But it wasn't. At all

do americans really makes noises and verbally respond to scenes when they're at the cinema? i was reading the discussion on redit and people were saying audience members cried out and screamed no when the baby had its neck broken and also hooted and clapped when jlaw said bardem couldn't fuck her. what the fuck is wrong with people

No, it hasn't

A pissing baby, mind you.

I've never seen anything like this at a theater. I guess it depends on what part of town you live in and what type of crowd it attracts.

I would say more hipster parts of town I could see people doing this shit. Obviously black parts of town. Where I live you'd piss someone off if you starting hooting and hollering at the movie, what the fuck?

average normie audience that think making noise is funny and people enjoy it, it's really annoying.

shes trying to broaden her range because she's getting typecast

Think about it. Both are really just about pushing the body to it's physical and emotional limits to become the best in their respective fields. Both also touch on their respective industry's cyclical nature and how aging can terminate careers. Mickey Rourke's character is older and less in demand while Natalie Portman is concerned with being replaced.

So like, I am genuinely confused by this movie. Not by the film itself, but rather by people not being able to 'get it'.

I saw it on Friday, and I thought it was so blatantly obvious what it's thinly veiled 'metaphor' was that even normies should have been able to decipher it.

Yet then I saw all the articles and reviews and I thought "shit, there must be something deeper that I need to unwrap" but then I watched a bunch of videos of "Mother! explained!" and all of them just went over the same blatant surface level shit and yet pretend they were insightful for stating the obvious.

So is that just the state of things? The movie is entry level 'deep' in way that makes normies feel smart 'figuring it out' while the majority of them still fail?

I went in hoping for something crazy that I might have to think about a bit to put together after but, no, it was all super obvious and basic yet people keep acting like it's 'something you'll need to think about for a while.'

It's like the film is on the exact uncanny valley of pleb, just enough to scare normies but providing nothing at all challenging to the rest of us.

she also got paid $15mil which is pretty damn good for what is basically an arthouse type film

Might you not?

Damn, Aaron's banging jlaw!? He's the man.

Meant darren, I'm retarded

i guess for some people that have no clue about the bible or its parables then maybe it would be a bit confusing. the audience that went in to see this were dumb millenials expecting jlaw to be katniss in a home invasion horror film. wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't understand shit

>arthouse
I think you mean Student film

Well that explains these sloppy special effects

Good post. Its aimed right at those people that think they're too good for conventional or mainstream movies, but really have no developed taste of their own

damn, now I want to watch a double feature of both of them.

It's a vague paste that you can post in any disscussion

What's her name user?

>I noticed that almost any art works best when you go into with a simple mindset.

but that's like drowning a fine Filet Mignon in cheap hot sauce. Sure it 'works' but you completely missed the flavor and might as well have done the same with some cheap super market ground beef instead.

Darren Arronofsky is a shit David Fincher. Debate me.

>graphically

Do you understand what word even means? It literally happens off camera, that's the literal opposite of graphic.

They're not even comparable

The Fountain > Finchers entire filmography

Is this movie anti-religion?

Fincher's only saving grace is knowing how to use CGI properly

Not really, people will try to see some religious undertones everywhere.

It is more of a cruel creator toying with his creations.

Liberalism

Anti-humanity

>one scene is the same so the entire film is the same as an anime flick

right

They are nothing alike

the plot was really pretentious and the movie was weak