Post your first truthful reaction when you saw him in TDK for the first time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KMqeXvDtB_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Heath Ledger is really good in this
>The writing is bad, especially the dialog
>The War on Terror subtext is stupid
>Nolan really struggles with action scenes... and not-action scenes
>Why does the movie start becoming a sequel to itself 110 minutes in.

12 year old me was genuinely scared of him

I just knew it was going to be at least "very good"

"Hey he's a pretty large fellow"

Bravo Nolan

>>The writing is bad, especially the dialog
Did we see the same movie? The dialogs were particularly good, especially for a Hollywood flick.

Great Joker performance, boring as shit everything else.

Film should've ended with Batman saving Harvey Dent and Chipmunk-Cheeks dying.

He struck me as an obvious callback to classic Lovecraftian villains

>tfw you live to see Sup Forums shitting on TDK and nobody saying anything

I guess you plebs' love for pic related is unironic after all, i thought you were just meme-ing

Great, but I wad hoping for a more visually psychotic joker. One who laughed hard while killing people.

desu idk why people think tdk jokes is such a big deal

good acting but nothing that special, maybe becus he was edgy and nihilistic "haha"

I simply couldn't believe that is actually Heath Ledger.
To this day I still can't see a single shred of Heath Ledger in that performance

He was so overhyped that I didn't HAVE a first impression of him in TDK. He was dead old hat by the time the movie came out.

"How Kafkaesque"

you should learn to ignore trailers and previews; they ruin every single show and movie

I really liked this movie. It's not one of my favorites but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. And I also liked the other 2 movies, just not as much.

>>Why does the movie start becoming a sequel to itself 110 minutes in.
what the fuck does this even mean?
God I hate you fucking losers on this website. You all pretend to be smart when you're fucking retarded.

Everyone praised it, yet I found his performance shit.
No wonder he killed himself.
If I were him and did such an awful acting job, I'd kill myself too.

Fucking loved it.

i hate bvs and tdk
batman begins is the only decent nolanbats flick

I'm am convinced that everyone who thinks that his performance was "shit" actually think that the character is shit, not the performance itself.
Considering how the character was written, Ledger did a masterful performance and I can't think of a single actor who would have done it better.

>The dialogs

is english your first language

He stole every scene he was in. It was a very original take when he could have just copied the old camp versions.

I thought it was the best film I had ever seen.

I was 18 and thought it was fucking awesome

I thought he was great. Captivating performance, pulled me right in. Unfortunately the rest of the movie sucked.

Nah it's self-explanatory and you're the retard.

i used to watch this movie a lot but always stopped it light after the joker sends the dogs to batman, its a fucking chore from there onwards. the retarded muh boats plot, all that scene with two faces, it looks like a different movie, like they filmed it with the remaining very short budget, looks really underlit, literally cant see shit i hate that part.

I'm 12

He had me at magic trick

>tfw miss him

Best Batman movie ever.

I liked every scene with the joker, hated everything else

Wow I can't even recognize him. He changed his voice a lot, too.

HE'll win the oscarwiththis. That was literally my first thought.

Thought it was a great performance which retained something of Cesar Romero's portrayal on the old 1960's TV show. Ledger's Joker was a lot more muscular and caked in dust, but there's this sing-song quality to his vocal performance that keeps him off-balance. It does seem heavily stage-oriented, but Ledger brings a strange quality to his role, it's like the character doesn't really belong indoors or something? It was like a Batman comic written by Samuel Beckett.

youtu.be/KMqeXvDtB_Y

I watched it at school shortly after it came out, they set up a projector on a classroom. I wasn't really paying attention and was staring at the girls next to me instead.

wait, explain a bit more how this joker was written by samuel beckett

It was also rather Kubrickian - Hitchcockian, even

lol um well, it's sort of like the tension in Waiting For Godot, right? Batman and Joker are sort of in that position throughout the film, constantly meeting to exchange their philosophies.

You could say it's like Eugene O'Neill too, in the sense that it's a "dark night of the soul" kind of play.

I guess he's saying that it becomes a totally new movie after the Joker gets captured the first time, don't know why that's a point to argue though

And lovecraftian, DON'T EVER forget lovecraftian.

I still remember feeling the goosebumps of the entire theater audience at the LOOK AT ME part, what a delivery.

Wasn't there some head canon floating around that the Ledger Joker was a former special ops guy or something?

that shit was legit frightening.

>Why does the movie start becoming a sequel to itself 110 minutes in

kek

There was a thread the other day that unironically had a graph showing that BvS was good for those with extremely high and low intelligence and only bad to those with average intelligence.

It was sort of an eldritch thing.

I tipped my fedora, after I left the theatre

overacted, but still a great job
really the only good thing about the triology

Supposedly, Nolan and some other asshat came up with a "secret" origin for the joker, where he is a severely PTSD addled vet who loses his shit after batman starts running around.
I don't remember exactly, but the part in bb where the scarecrows chemicals leak and drive everyone insane may have played a role.

All in all,not the worst back story for joker, but kinda meh all the same.

Also worth noting is that Nolan also said that joker was not in dkr because he "got the chair". So basically Gordon abused the dent act and had a mentally disturbed person executed, lol.

It always irritated my batman comic fanboy side when things like that come out. Batman would not only never have given up being batman, but he would NEVER let a villian be executed. I think he'd kill Gordon first, honestly.

>please don't shoot me i'm just trying to watch a movie

Holly fuck I'm average
This is great news

I didn't like how greasy he his hair looked but I liked him otherwise

I was 8 years old when I first saw it. I'm 30 years old and married with 5 kids and it's largely thanks to this film.

underated post