>2016
>Being in the military

Can you name a single good reason that isn't selfish (benefits, pay etc)?

Western military specifically

>Selfish
Is it selfish to have a job? What's wrong with trying to get nice benefits and pay.

You get to die for israel.

you get to kill shitskins

Government job that currently serves no greater purpose.

Giving self for God and Country? The ultimate redeemer?

Knowing that the fruits of your labour will be used for

and other nefarious deeds that will be wrapped up in "Freedom"

Get to participate in countless charity events throughout the USA. Sometimes the globe. Toys for tots is a cool one.

>Country led by traitors, atheists and blackholes of morality
>Follow their command

This is no redeeming act, my friend.

The Swiss military was deployed to help when a train filled with nasty chemicals derailed a couple of years ago.
There's also a lot of soldiers patrolling in the Indian ocean to protect commercial ships from pirates.

>Implying you can escape them
Everytime you go shopping, eat out, USE THE INTERNET. You are putting money in ((((there)))) pockets.

>kill shitskins

>learn to actually fight

>shoot guns

>drive tanks

>fly aircraft

>blow shit up

>gay orgies

There is nothing more masculine.

>there
>Americans in charge of speaking they're own language

If private contractors were hired to do this job, they would be making 3x the military pay. It's essentially being cheap labour.

>Cleaning up hazardous chemicals for less than 60k a year

Yeah, but passive assistance vs actually being a cog

I did it for 4 years. There's nothing less masculine than being a cuck and fighting for someone else

Pictures are necessary to keep threads alive. Here's some tits

>boy good thing he made a typo or he might have actually been right.
Their*

There you fucking faggot.
>Yeah, but passive assistance vs actually being a cog
Guess that's a reasonable point.

I was told a story my an iraqi fellow how he got into a fight with a US soldier... he shoved him and the pussyfied went straight for his rifle.

I'm also reminded of liveleak videos where US soldiers beg to be saved. "Don't let me die." While the insurgents pretty much have already accepted that they are dead men walking.

Go share in the mart.

Sweet overpaid private contractor job once you get out

>overpaid

Its not overpaid, it clearly just shows that the military is underpaid. Private contractors get 3x salary which is the market rate to go get shot at/blown up. Infantry make way less for the same job

>tfw when walking knee deep in swamp with an 84 30lb rocket launcher at 2 in the morning while unfed and sleep deprived for $4 an hour

The economy stops if we can't get oil.

If we keep fighting, our generation will be spared from the ravages of unending resource wars.

Remember what Buddha said: Suffering comes from desire.

Well, you desire grocery stores and a car to drive, right? Someone gets to suffer for your desire. That's how the world works, kids.

We don't get oil from the middle-east my naive friend. Canada + US provide more than 95% of our local oil supply. The

>le foreign oil meme

is just a meme, it was never about oil. But even if it was, how could I (we) justify killing ourselved and others in the same situation for oil.

Rich men benefit from wars. We fucking die in war, we have nothing to gain

>Its not overpaid
It really is. i made 6 figures for 9 months of sitting on my ass in a nigerian oilfield where the only danger was that the satellite internet would cut out

So Canucks do not fear death?
Are you that progressive that you made your entire military convert to Islam? "Insurgents" like ISIS only give a shit about where they think they are going. It's a blessing for them if you blow their head off. They think they go straight to a land filled with free pussy and everything they ever wanted.

Life isn't the fucking movies, if someone is pointing a gun to your head you may start realizing you won't ever be living to see your family or friends again. Unlike mudslimes normal people want to live.

I wouldn't say it's selfish, it's just that most people that join have nowhere else to go

>We don't get oil from the middle-east my naive friend. Canada + US provide more than 95% of our local oil supply. The
Shale oil died the moment prices went down. The cost to extract is more than the profit they make. They're all currently insolvent and going out of business. Hundreds have closed their doors already.

>is just a meme, it was never about oil. But even if it was, how could I (we) justify killing ourselved and others in the same situation for oil.
Because it's immoral to let your children starve to death.

>Rich men benefit from wars. We fucking die in war, we have nothing to gain
You say this from a computer built using an oil-based economy? What built your house? Is it natural? Do you grow your own food from seeds and with tools handed down from your forefathers?

Nothing to gain? Open your damn eyes.

Most of the new people here are no different from mercenaries.

t. Someone in the military

Combat experience, adventure, over all cool job. Juno out of planes, kick down doors etc

I get to fight wars for Israel like a good goy

>nigeria
It's in case niggers organize and decide to lynch you, something that has happened countless times in africa. Nothing happened that time, but you and your buddies wouldn't make it out safely like in the movies if they did, you would get burned in car tires and put up on stakes.