Ichi The Killer

Started watching this because i assumed it was kino, but slowly i started to realize that wasnt the case at all.

I got like 20 minutes in, should i keep watching?

No

No, you've already figured out that you arent an edgelord. Congratulations. You dont have to watch any more.

This. Ichi the killer is for edgy faggots and it's simply not good

It's an adaptation of an edgy manga. It's watchable if you like that sort of thing.

a lot of "kino" chink/gook/nip movies are slogs of pretentious or edgyness

sorry
ichi the killer is shit
sympathy for mr vengeance is shit
chungking express is shit (mostly that second half, holy fuck was that bad)

they're just weird bug people that think lame shit is cool

The only reason it's seen as anything more than the forgettable trash it is is because western distributors started importing and selling it after the successes of better films like the ring and battle royale and marketing as EVEN MORE EXTREEEME, few years later nobody non-Japanese apart from turbo weebs give a shit about Japanese movies

pleb

Don't you have a school to shoot up?

>sympathy for mr vengeance
Lady Vengeance was the only good one of the trilogy

yeah, but the school is called "your mothers pussy" and the bullets are my cum

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BTFO

Couldn't you just tell from that poster?

>they're just weird bug people that think lame shit is cool
I liked this

Did you wake up on the wrong side of your mother this morning?

i've seen the poster everywhere, but i knew literally nothing about it. From seeing the poster everywhere i assumed it was a well known really good japanese movie and a quick read on wikipedia said it was a yakuza film.

As soon as i saw those quick edits at the beginning i knew i was watching dog shit.

Looks like someone hasn't gotten into the Japanese golden age, Kitano, or anime yet. I envy you.

>made up some bullshit in head
>real life doesn't match
kys

The manga is much better

I watched this during my edgelord phase because I was told it was a really extreme and gory movie, but when I actually watched it it turns out that most of the gore is just really shitty looking cgi. Vomit bags before the screening my ass.
I also remember getting bored halfways through and the ending is confusing.

did you watch it due to my thread last night? LMAO

Original poster of that hot opinion piece, for the record, I'm a fan of seven samurai and hari kiri, and mindgame and redline are phenomenal anime movies

asians can make good shit but a lot of it is either old or obscure. Their mainstream movies kinda suck dick. in terms of modern mainstream,they don't have a shawshank redemption or Forrest gump, they don't have a jaws or a reservoir dogs, they have slightly bizarre cold assassin story #4003. I've seen a lot of modern asian cinema and so much of it is fucking forgettable. I saw the devil and 13 assasins are a couple of the only standout modern mainstream asian movies I've seen

the only thing i remember about this movie was some guy telling another guy to go get shrimp

It's my favorite sadomasochistic Yakuza meets repressed homicidal rage filled virgin love story of all time

i miss this kind of "2cool4school" editing

I have tried to watch this like 3 times over the last 5 years. I even own it on dvd. I have literally fallen asleep each time. I never fall asleep through films but for some reason I have never been able to finish it. It's not even boring to me it just clocks me out.

YES

better than Battle Royale and Audition, but still not a very good movie

the CGI is just horrendous. in the commentary track, miike says that it was done for free as a favor to him by professional cg guys who worked on it in the hours after their real work.

it absolutely looks like some rushed shit done as a favor

I agree that most Japanese movies since the 50s and 60s suck dick, but watch some Kitano. And anime's strength is in it's series and '84-'96 OVAs, not in it's films even a little bit. imo most of the best stuff made for television are various anime series.

Battle royale is pretty good for what it is i mean, if you take out the nonsense of the plot it lets you a very good experience on a film, ichi doesn't achieve anything. The ovas are a lot Better

leave this board now!