Meta Thread

So I did some autism and recorded the amount of threads on the board at a certain point today by topic. Here are the stats:

>Television - 54
>Film - 27
>Celebrities - 28
>Cartoons - 17
>No Specific Topic but Sup Forums related - 13
>Off topic - 11

Out of all threads discussing film or a certain film, Almost a third were about It or Mother. Most of the other threads discussing film get about 0-30 replies before 404ing.

Is it time to try /film/ again? Film discussion has nearly become impossible here due to the speed of the board and preference to discuss everything that other than film. This time maybe if it wasn't called "Film & Movies", it wouldn't be memed out of existence. What does Anonymous think?

maybe you should post better threads retard

I think it might be worse that this thread can be up for over an hour without anyone demanding that I prove my greatness via streaming. Has the culture here been replaced?

Off topic is lower than I thought. How will a new board keep out the spam? They will just migrate and shit post there as well.

if it's Film, it excludes flicks and movies so it would be higher quality but way slower post rate

you have to stream it now

What if it was /kino/?

Yeah for a while, like what happens with all new boards. Then it dies down as people lose interest.

I personally think a film board would just be protected by the fact that observably most people here want to talk about things that aren't film, and wouldn't end up migrating in the long run, and maybe some of the oldfags might come sniffing back to an atmosphere with less transplants. This board is one of the first boards new people come to, but I expect /film/ would see traffic more similar to /lit/.

I think /lit/ should be allowed one thread on cinema.

I would take pride is destroying this new board

Sounds optimistic. Didn't the first /film/ get flooded by butthurt capeshitters?

Nobody cares, fuck off faggot, lel

Yeah I don't think a board called "Film & Movies" being up for half a day is any kind of proper test run. Not sure what the idea was. Every board gets flooded when it first gets created, just gotta let it sit for a couple of weeks and it'll eventually settle down.

A slow board is necessary for film discussion, it just falls off here. We used to have a lot of film buff discussion here five to ten years ago, now there's barely any. As user so bluntly put it, , "Nobody cares", and that's reflected in the topic statistics that's all celebrities, cartoons, memes, and television.

There's a film thread on /lit/ every now and then. The moderation is pretty lax there, the board is generally able to moderate itself and they don't mind some off topic threads as long as there aren't too many.

Sup Forums is better than ever

Post television & film, if you're so great.

Slow boards do seem better with staying on topic. I just don't think a new board will keep out the shitposts and riff raff.

Here's a current cap from the other Sup Forums. It's an INCREDIBLY slow board.

No board is free of shitposts and riff raff. That's part and parcel with living in an anonymous image board.

I know but it gets flooded on tv.

Anyone else here literally not give a shit what board they're browsing? I used to exclusively browse Sup Forums before moot killed it then just started board hopping and shit posting all over the whole site. Sometimes I go to slow boards and shit post in every thread

That's part of why splitting the board is an attractive option. Shitposting pushes slower film discussion threads into page 11. Fifteen threads about rick and morty, ten threads about sneed and lovecraftian shit, who knows how many cunny and cuck threads are being deleted in the meantime.

False. I hardly ever see shitposts on /x/ or /food/. Those two are like the paragons of this website lol