I'm looking to watch some quality QI episodes tonight. Any recommendations?

I'm looking to watch some quality QI episodes tonight. Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WpoF-0QGJng
youtube.com/watch?v=GdvD4Fhc_K8
youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw
youtube.com/watch?v=bbcEwxuxE9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I recommend you get on it.

Series A-F

Any ep with Noel Fielding or Bill Bailey

>see a QI episode with a topic that sounds interesting
>it has Jo Brand or some other boring-ass token female guest

>Noel Fielding
Fuck outta here

Pleb tier. Almost as bad as that american guy and that old woman.
Best lineup coming through

>the public doesn't like female panel guests
>government mandates their inclusion
>Toskvig unseats Fry
what's going on over there in britain?

Watch Taskmaster instead.

>>Toskvig unseats Fry
Wot? He's stepped down as the host?

>They say of the Acropolis, where the Parthenon is.

anything with david mitchell

A lot of misery and the decline of television.

this

>Likes Sue Perkins
>Calls others plebs
You're Sue Perkins, aren't you? That's the only person who I can imagine finding her funny.

>google "QI episode list"
>click top link
>ctr+f "David Mitchell"

That said, I prefer to just watch QI from the beginning once every year or two, there's always a couple of good episodes I forgot about, and just watching the ones with my favourite guests can sort of ruin it for me when I do a full re-watch and have to skip the best ones because I already watched them recently.

Isn't that guy a notorious pedo?
Everyone expects him to be the next Jimmy Saville.

All are good, but skip the Nina Conti episode. Some good episodes that spring to mind are:
>F11-Films and Fame (Emma Thompson)
>H14-Hocus Pocus (Daniel Radcliffe)
>L12-No-L (Carrie Fisher)
Granted, I just really like those for the celebrity guests, but they're truly funny on it.
Jeremy Clarkson episodes are also good.

I like Stephen Fry a lot so I really hope he doesn't turn out to be a nonce. It's obvious that he's into younger boys, which is why he married one. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't fiddle around or fuck corpses.
Also, ever since Jimmy Saville people have been pointing fingers at just about any middle-aged man who appears on the BBC, which is a bit unfair

It's British tv. Everyone is a pedo.

sean lock and johnny vegas episodes

I miss Sean Lock on QI, he just stopped appearing after a while. He's great on any panel show he's in but sadly he just sticks to Cats does Countdown these days.

Outta my way, official ranking of best guests coming through.

1. David Mitchell. He's funny and smart, and he's entertaining pretty much every time he's on.
2. Dara O Brian. He's also funny and smart (relatively speaking), and his scottish accent and occasional rants and stories are top tier.
3. Rob Brydon. His act where he plays a fool who tries to act smart is pretty refreshing compared to the generic QI guest who simply acts like a retard.
4. Bill Bailey. He's funny in his own honest way and he's also consistent. He might not have the most memorable jokes but he's way funnier than the average guest.
5. Jimmy Carr. Top tier comedian and says some hilarious shit, but he never quite seems to be on the top of his game while on QI and much too often goes sort of unnoticed.
6. Sean Lock. He can be absolutely hilarious but at times I feel his act gets real tiresome because it never changes even a single bit, and the act has no sublety to it.

Others are mostly neutral except for Johnny Vegas who is utter shit and ruins the show, as does some of the female guests who are not funny to begin with and still feel the need to spout shitty jokes every two minutes.

Best episode is probably Genius, which has Mitchell, O Brian and Graham Norton.

>Dara O'Briain
>Scottish

>dara is scottish
>brydon top tier
>vegas ruins the show

is this bait?

The absolute cancer that is the British comedy-panel-quiz show format.
Also, Stephen Fry should be locked up, he is a pervert on the scale of Jimmy Saville.

The only must watch of that lot are Mitchell, Brydon and Bailey. The Christmas episode with David Tennant has probably one of the best Bill Bailey bits, with his story of Fry lording his way around a pub.

If there's anyone that's going to be a pedo it's fucking him for sure.
He's been in private education all his life, he'll have fucked more kids than you can imagine

When the charter review for the BBC came up the conservatives decided to include a diversity mandate into the charter and make a big stink about it because a) they're lazy fucks who can't make interesting policy, b) thought it would win them points with the media, and c) thought it would be uncontroversial (which it is, if you don't include the general public who despise this shit)

The conservatives basically have to do shit like this to show that they're not heartless bastards because austerity can make them appear that way. So they push social justice shit because it's costless.

>All these David Mitchell mentions
>Absolutely no Clive Anderson or John Sessions

Jesus Sup Forums has fallen far

didn't know the tories were so limp wristed. you need some conservative leaders with spines

How is QI so hit and miss, bros? IMO it's the patchiest panel show on TV, some episodes are comedy gold with amazing trivia and others are painfully unfunny with predictable "facts" which make Fry just come across as a smartass.

They're completely bland and forgettable except Anderson tends to be an annoying little know-it-all.

It's not going to happen post-Cameron, the parliamentary party controls the leadership selection process and the party's stuffed to the brim with "modernisers" now

There are some tory backbenchers who are actual conservatives but they tend to be localists who don't care about the national picture

Anyway it's an open secret that the BBC won't last another 20 years so I'm happy to let them have their fun and games before it all gets demolished

The one about animals where the topic is predictably shifted towards mating and genitalia about 10 minutes in

Hoax one is good too

That's a pretty decent list user.
David Mitchell is the best at panel shows.
Dara's good because he actually is intelligent and funny without coming across as a smug bastard. Also he's fucking Irish, not Scottish.
Rob Brydon always makes me laugh, and the bits where Fry dismisses him are good.
Bill Bailey's always good, best episodes are where he's sat next to Alan because they're old friends.

>Jimmy Carr. Top tier comedian and says some hilarious shit, but he never quite seems to be on the top of his game while on QI and much too often goes sort of unnoticed.
I know what you mean. I like Jimmy as a presenter, but on QI he doesn't tend to shine as much.

>Johnny Vegas who is utter shit and ruins the show
I had to get used to him but I love him now. His self-deprecation and constant hints that he's a massive alcoholic, depressed man who eats to feel alive and who got beaten as a child is funny once you realise it's all an act.

Genius is my fav episode.
Mitchell
Norton
O'Brien
Davies

I don't know what you're talking about user.
Stephen Fry is a great guy.

Fuck i love that picture, mind if i show me nan?

>John Sessions
Are you fucking joking? He is the most boring guest they have on QI. He's intelligent and very well-educated and that's great, but he tends to forget QI is also a comedy show. All he does if flaunt his knowledge without the slightest sign of an attempt at comedy, he's insufferable. At least the other educated guests can throw around their impressive knowledge and put a punchline at the end of it.

>reddit

>OFFICIAL QI TIER LISTINGS
Top tier: Bill, David, Sean, Jo, Lee
Good tier: Noel, Sandi, Rob, Phil
Shit tier: Sue, Dara, Jimmy, Johnny
Untouchables tier: Sarah

You got me, what now?

>top tier
>jo
kys

You could kys.

I still like QI but I don't like how they're putting in new blood in recent series. They had a good number of great established panelists who appeared regularly and worked really well off each other.
But now each series has a load of people new to the show and in most cases it just doesn't work or click. David Mitchell used to be in 5-6 episodes per series and now he only does about two because they have to make way for new people.
I'd rather they just switched around the same twenty or so established guests, and keep a special guest for the Christmas episode.

Few years ago

You've mistaken the bbc for Hollywood, shekelstein.

>Noel Fielding
Terrible. He always mugs for the camera for too long.

>it's yet another "Sup Forums pretends to hate women" episode

I like Sue Perkins but she's NOT a good fit on QI, because her jokes end up too similar to Alan's, so there isn't enough contrast to bounce between. Same reason Lee Mack wouldn't work on the show despite being a lot of fun, because his stupid-shtick is too similar to Alan's, he's just more quickwitted.

>its a redditfag is triggered because a specific woman isnt liked
There are more comments calling Fry a pedo than hating on women.

>I know what you mean. I like Jimmy as a presenter, but on QI he doesn't tend to shine as much.
It's weird, I like Jimmy on 8 Out of 10 Cats and the Countdown version, and he can be quite funny in a juvenile way when he's a panelist on another panel show, but I don't care for his stand up stuff. Maybe I just don't like one-liners and prefer stories/anecdotes/narratives. With Jimmy Carr it's just 800 jokes squeezed into 90 mins.

This episode is ultimate comfy: youtube.com/watch?v=WpoF-0QGJng

MOGG

I like the episodes where they get a well-known celebrity in who isn't a comedian. For some reason they make the episode even funnier even though it's not their occupation.
Daniel Radcliffe was both really funny and knew a lot about magic.
The one with Carrie Fisher was really good too. I'm not a Star Wars fan but that woman was hilarious.

My favourite has to be the Film episode with Emma Thompson, so many good moments.
>Emma and Stephen go way back and Emma would often lock all the doors when he visited her house and then proceed to undress and chase a really distressed gay Fry around the house
>Emma not remembering which of her films got an Oscar and David Mitchell saying "I can remember EVERY GCSE I DID!"

Fry ain't no pedo, his husband looks young but is like 30 years old

And Jo Brand is funny

>tfw Mogg's not allowed to be PM because he's Catholic
>tfw he agrees with this law and believes it's for the best
>tfw he's right

>I support LGBT and women's rights
Loves Islam
>I support the little man over the establishment
Voted for Hillary or the EU and hates the lower class for voting against them
>Racism is wrong
FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>I hate the right wing because they don't care about Mother Earth
Fawns over the USSR which had Chernobyl and literally destroyed an entire sea
>I love mass immigration because of diversity
Never lives in diverse areas
>I am pro science unlike the right
Doesn't believe that biological sex exists

Imagine still being left wing in 2017 lmao

You see older men with wives that are 20-30 years younger all the time, I don't see the problem with Fry's marriage.

As for Jo Brand, people really like to nitpick her comedy and pretend she only talks about her husband. You can do that with every comedian. Jo can be genuinely funny on QI, and I'm always glad to see her when they show the episode's panelists.

>and pretend she only talks about her husband. You can do that with every comedian
Oh fuck off, no you can't. There isn't a comedian alive who resorts to their stock-jokes as often as Jo brings up her husband, and definitely not one who does it as lazily as she does. Of course she can be genuinely funny, she's a fucking famous comedian. The problem is that the show ALWAYS has on people who can be genuinely funny and most of them don't come with a whole bunch of "I'm fat and my husband does X" jokes you've already heard the last time they were on.

>the man who goes canvassing with his old nanny/mom
>having a spine
Yeah okay.

It's just her shtick. She made a career out of those fat/husband jokes so fans of her turn up and want/expect her to make those jokes. And she does plenty of other jokes. It's just that, for example, when the subject of something "hairy and useless" comes up, people expect her to allude to her husband, there would be an elephant in the room if she didn't.

>Oh fuck off, no you can't.
Of course I can, it's easy to boil a comedian down to one thing in a spiteful way.
>Lee Mack "haha I'm Northern"
>Jack Dee "ugh, I'm so miserable all the time"
>Johnny Vegas "I'm fat and an alcoholic haha"
>Stephen Fry "I'm gay did you know that"
Yet they're all good comedians. It's just that when someone doesn't personally enjoy a comedian's work they pretend they're some one-note performer.
I roll my eyes sometimes when Jo Brand does another husband joke, but I know that's not the only thing she brings to the table.

Mogg is so detached from reality. You really want another Eton cunt running the country into the ground

Watch the earlier series, especially the episodes without any female panelists.

Came here to post this. There's definitely a dip in quality after but it's still comfy.

I think that scottish lady can be pretty good

>skip the Nina Conti episode

I always have.

The single best moment of QI
youtube.com/watch?v=GdvD4Fhc_K8

This also ties in to the point I made about how QI is at its best when the panel consists of QI veterans who've been on it multiple times and worked together before. The way they all work off of each other in that clip is amazing.

>Bloody hell Stephen...this better be good.

Scottish lady? I can only think of Susan Calman, the really really short lesbian woman, do you mean her?

Series 5 has been good so far. Sally Phillips is a surprise gem. Champion of Champions at Christmas too.

I mean, I love Taskmaster and think it's brilliant, like most of the people in threads like these. But I see it recommended in the same way in every comedy/panel show thread on Sup Forums, and I'm starting to think you're Alex Horne.
Just, don't worry about it mate. Ratings are fine, you're gonna be in the US version, there's no need to plug the show so much.

That's a pretty good analysis actually. I think Perkins is alright, but she does clash with Alan's humour a bit. Lee Mack is usually great, but he hasn't appeared much on QI perhaps for the same reason, he's being the dunce while we've already got Alan for that. Also he's a bit hit-or-miss on QI for me
I liked his "i before e, except after c" meltdown, but I didn't like how he kept taking the piss out of David Tennant when he was on.

>see the title of a QI episode that sounds interesting
>turns out to be about something completely different
I thought Joints would be about drugs, not elbows. And Gallimaufry made me think it was going to be based around Doctor Who.

>but he never quite seems to be on the top of his game while on QI
He mostly works on prepared material. A lot of the jokes he makes on QI are recycled from his previous works. He just drops them when he finds a fit.

youtube.com/watch?v=-I3qREbKqLw

>A lot of the jokes he makes on QI are recycled from his previous works. He just drops them when he finds a fit.
I've noticed that. If you watch all of Jimmy's stand up DVDs, and then watch him on panel shows you see a lot of his jokes come back. He can improvise when necessary though, like the glory hole bit:
youtube.com/watch?v=bbcEwxuxE9k

This show used to be comfy for me but now I can only see him as a ranting leftist pedophile.
Cherish your youngster years Sup Forums and enjoy your programs, before you start actually caring about the world around you and the damage they're doing to it.

>Watching shows hosted by faggots

it's not just jimmy to be fair, a lot of comedians recycle jokes on panel shows when they fit, his style and delivery is generally quick enough to get away with it though, some it's just so obvious they're telling a joke they prepared earlier.

Could you BE any more of a pleb?

>fucking a 27 yo twink
>pedo

Also they cracked down on nonces hard after that whole Saville thing came known so people don't think britbongs are notorious pedo enablers

Oh I don't resent him for it or anything. Comedians create material and use it when they can, seems fair enough to me.

It takes a long time to write a 90 minute stand up show. Would be a shame to only use that material for that one show/tour.
People sometimes give comedians flack for it, but you don't expect a musician to magic up a song on the spot.

Taskmaster has such a brilliant premise. Simple yet hilarious, comedians doing random, inane tasks. I'm only now starting series five and really enjoying it.