Jóhann Jóhannsson no longer involved in the movie. So this pretty much confirms it'll be shit?

Jóhann Jóhannsson no longer involved in the movie. So this pretty much confirms it'll be shit?
>yahoo.com/music/j-hann-j-hannsson-no-211913774.html

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/7/30/16065872/hans-zimmer-blade-runner-2049-compose-score-denis-villeneuve
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The short movies look good so far, especially the Bautista one, he is a better actor than the rock.

how do you drop out when they've already released trailers
are they basically going to use his shit and he's just taken his name off it?

>All of Jóhannsson’s contributions have now been reportedly removed from 2049.
That's it, they replaced his works with Hans Zimmers & Benjamin Wallfischs.

in a month?

Hans Zimmers probably just went through some shit he already made, dusted it off, and sent it in.

Both Zimmer and Wallfisch have been on the project for quite some time now, they were first announced just to come to "help" with the composition and arrangement, only now for it to be announced that Johannsson's work is completely removed from the project.

He's done three movies with Denis before... Do you think this was Denis' idea or studios?

It's definitely Denis, he basically has full creative control.
>"It's hard to get to Vangelis' angle. We have Johann's breathtaking atmospheric sounds, but I needed other things, and Hans helped us."
>“It’s a very specific sound, and it’s very important that the music of [Blade Runner] 2049 be directly inspired by Vangelis’ work.”

theverge.com/2017/7/30/16065872/hans-zimmer-blade-runner-2049-compose-score-denis-villeneuve

>It's hard to get Vangelis' angle
perhaps they should have hired him

How many times did you make this thread allready OP? Also, who's this hack and why should I care?

I've been wondering this. Have they turned into uncooperative jerks or something? Were they asking for too much money to do it? It seems weird that they are trying so hard to sound like them and not hire them.

Without him it might lose some of its lovecraftian elements but I think it will still retain its kafkaesque quality

user Vangelis is a 74 year old fuck who didn’t make anything relevant in a decade or two.
At best he would make a forgettable soundtrack that tries to hard to be like the original just like Williams did that for TFA.

are you implying he was a good choice to begin with? he wasn't. the original score, which i am listening to right now is overwhelmingly melodic and emotional, johann has never done anything like that in the slightest

hahahalynched.jpg

My first thread, I just saw the news a while ago.
Jóhann Jóhannsson is a composer who has worked with Villeneuve before and made very memorable tracks. Think of him and Villeneuve like Hans Zimmer and Nolan.

Williams for TFA was such a disappointment. I liked a few of the pieces but they always felt like they were just parts of a song. His Revenge of the Sith one meanwhile was one of his best. I would say even his dull Attack of the Clones score might have been better than TFA.

>Jóhann Jóhannsson
He has done nothing of note.

Wtf she's a composer now? I guess facialabuse.com lads really broke her

Well, yeah. I mean looking at his music in his previous works, you can tell right away that he understood the movie and the atmosphere it was trying to convey. It's too bad they're keeping silent about the reasons of his departure from the movie, but I'm adamant that his music would've stood out more than Hans Zimmers.