Why wasn't this movie scary?

Why wasn't this movie scary?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
youtu.be/AJUAoRXLfjk?t=2m44s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not so much scary as it is disturbing and unsettling, and lovecraftian.

I was probably laughing as much as scared during this movie, but overall it was a fun film.

also Kafkaesque, intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

>disturbing and unsettling
Watch ONE Lynch film and say that again pleb

Because the true horrors didn't come from Pennywise directly. They came from the town of Derry.

This was Stranger Things: IT edition.

Because jump scares and simply showing something people are afraid of doesn't equate to horror or terror only brief shock

>kids winning with the power of friendship against an invincible creature

I fucking hate this meme

Because you're not 8 years old watching the tv movies on the sci fi channel anymore.

If you're an adult and you get "scared" by a movie, you need to sort your life out.

It was lovecraftian, which was also the goal.

Because it was shit

They gave pennywise so little lines, and gave " 10 year olds saying the f word" 90% percent of the runtime. The comedy was fine but i didnt come to see IT in the theater to laugh. Bill skarsgard was good but didnt have enough lines. The opening georgie scene was really good but it was the only scene in the movie in which pennywise spoke for more than a second.

you don't even know what that word means

He got Leto'd I think. Leto didn't get a real chance to take the role The Joker in Suicide Squad and I feel like they wasted Skarsgard in this overall.

predictable jumpscares and the clown simply isnt scary, the buckteeth + grannys dress aint helping it

Are you kidding? Leto's Joker received nearly universal hatred, it's the total opposite for Skarsgard.

HARD being scared when prime teen pussy is on the screen
i want to be her fart cushion!

I just don't think he had a real chance with the role is all. They butchered his scenes in the release.

>Lovecraftian horror is a subgenre of horror fiction that emphasizes the cosmic horror of the unknown (and in some cases, unknowable) more than gore or other elements of shock, though these may still be present.
>Pennywise is literally a 'cosmic' horror creature.
IT is mostly unsettling although it also has some jump scares.
Kys pleb.

From what I hear pennywise will actually talk a lot more in the sequel since all the main characters are adults now and he's trying to fuck with them and make them leave town as opposed to just trying to scare and eat them

Because I'd already seen 90% of the scares from the trailers, they all had a predictable build up and I already knew none of them were gonna die

Nah, I think he had nearly enough scenes. I agree he could've had more.

But Leto's Joker was literally in like 6 minutes of a 2+ hour movie, and several of those scenes were drowned in bad editing and instagram filters. Skarsgard's Pennywise had ALMOST enough villain screentime for a film.

Considering, also, that he's a shapeshifting entity, it's excusable. My biggest problem was a lack of different forms overall.

I'm really glad they went with the tone they did and didn't try to make it scary. Moments like the flutist painting and the people on TV talking to Henry were enough.

What was the deal with the obvious trap girl (boy)? She even calls the boys sissies at one point in the movie
Also the movie is mainly about him (her) so I stopped watching halfway through

I´d say it wasn´t lovecraftian ENOUGH

If you can't tell that's a boy, hang yourself

Because you aren't 12?

>im a huge pussy

This. Should of gone into the god turtle subplot

because there are no scary movies.

Movies aren't scary when you're an adult.

They did, at least twice the turtle was mentioned or shown.

The lego turtle is shattered when Bill is confronted with Georgie, his only weakness. And when all the kids are having fun and strengthening their ka-tet, they encounter a turtle in the quarry.

boys can be girls, shitlord trumptard!

stay toastie, roastie. your pussy pass is nearing its expiration date and there's a new hotness in town.

>no caked on makeup
>no face destroyed by years of caked on makeup
>innocent and sweet
>no plastic surgery
>no yellow spray-on tan skin
>no STD's from riding the cock carousel longer than she's been alive
>no beaten, rotten, nasy, stanky roast-beef vagina

etc etc

I give this film a 0/1 child gangbangs

because Pennywise is 2qt to be scary.

but the concept of a giant turtle creating the universe is stupid

No less stupid then other mythologies. The Stephen king mythos is close to Hinduism.

Makes more sense than a guy in the clouds.
Turtles live longer than people.

>no tension, It is old enough that most people know who does and doesn't die
>pennywise is just goofy and childish, and not even in an unsettling way since he talks like an autist
>cheap jump scares wear off about 1/5th through the movie when you can see them coming
>body horror isn't really that scary, and the other fears the main characters have aren't scary to anyone other than them
>atmosphere is still a cozy town in the 80's, so the movie still has that "coming of age" vibe and just ends up being more comfy than scary
I didn't think It was bad, but it really didn't have too much making it scary

>implying I'm not male

a giant turtle vomiting up the universe is stupider than most mythologies, and most mythologies are stupid to begin with.

Wrong.

Oh please. Those are vague references for fans of the book at best. Movies need to stand on their own, separate from the source material, and brief glimpses of turtles absolutely does not convey to the audience that the kids had the help of a timeless turtle God which allowed them to defeat It.

Name one religion that's states a literal human floating above clouds is god.
>Le ebin strawman

No, shitty mainstream movies like this are not scary. Watch a real fucking horror movie.

Shit music.
More jokes than (attempts at) scares.
No tension.

it's not so much stupid as it is disturbing and unsettling, and lovecraftian

Well, if I'm not mistaken the turtle wasn't referenced at all during any of the children sections of the book, so the movie has done a better job so far.

Jesus is God and God is Jesus and also a ghost and Jesus is a dude, so check yourself. Also Zeus and Odin.

>that scene with Bill and Georgie at the end

maybe if the turtle had tentacles, for now it's just hanna-barberaesque.

But those jumpscare scared me

>Large turtle shaped barriers in the street while Georgie is running with his boat
>turtle in the water while all the kids are playing
>Bill with the turtle toy which breaks upon seeing Georgie

Any other moments with turtles? I know there were plenty of scenes of It hiding in the background during more regular scenes so I'm sure there are more turtles hidden throughout.

It's a reference bruh these boiziez aint so dumb

Bev was packin two turtle shells into those jeans if you know what I'm sayin

Post the orgy part

ah yeeea, she likes to collect turtles.

You are mistaken. The kids make a giant smoke hole and one of them sees a vision of the turtle, which is how readers come to learn about it.

Because the movie ignored the meme magic aspects of the book

Because it's a movie. Unless you're a child movies shouldn't scare you. So are you a child thats really tough? You need to be 18 to post here op. Good movie though.

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o

>No child gangbang as a rite of adulthood.

>being scared of works of fiction
Literally autistic

>headless kid
>leper
>painting woman
>burning people
>clown
>giant clown
>Georgie
>dead kids with sharp teeth
>balloon
>mummy
>blood

All of those that weren't the clown were his minions

retard

>disturbing and unsettling
>le soopy clown laugh
omg so disturbing and unsettling this is the new shining guys!

Because the main focus was "kids adventure" more than "horror" . It's largely an R rated goonies but instead of a Pirates treasure being the driving force of the plot it's an immortal clown demon.

What did the director mean by this scene ?

what.....Pennywise doesn't have minions, stupid. They're all HIM.

>pussy

You mean boipussy because that's a boy in drag.

i don't know ask my bonner

Wrong.

DESU I wasn't scared because this movie had nothing that scared me. Things like clowns, murder, etc aren't the kind of things that scare me

Movie wasnt scary because pennywise wasnt creepy in any way.
That scene where hes dancing. Was fucking stupid.

Their walkie talkies were had TRTL500 on them
can see em in this vid
youtu.be/AJUAoRXLfjk?t=2m44s

>Stephen king is my first author. I haven't read a book since high school

your videos are shit and you're bordering on lolcow you faggot. you even have a fucking patreon, how delusional are you? how is that $0 a month working out?

As an adult, paranormal things shouldnt scare you. Being afraid of something and getting a jump scare moment are two very different things.

Most adults are afraid of dying, loneliness, loved ones passing away, getting fired etc.

Children are easily scared of the unknown, which is why if I understood it correctly, IT prefers children to feast upon and why viewers dont really fear a fucking clown.

Because you dissensitized yourself by reading too much pastas on pre 2010 /x/.

>It's not so much scary as it is disturbing and unsettling, and lovecraftian.
god, if i hear about locecraftian one more time....

But its not scary while watching it.

>this scene comes up
>let out an audible "Jesus Christ" under my breath
>friends look at me

Fuck them there's no way they didn't look too.

You forgot the hair, but it kind of happened with the blood, and there was the head that came out of the bed and started spitting up the black tar stuff.

>he's STILL being baited

>Most adults are afraid of dying
no
>loneliness
no
>loved one passing away
no
>getting fired
no

Adults are scared of horrifying fucking monsters just like anyone else

This movie was absolute dogshit. I didn't watch the original until about 2 months ago so I don't think I'm being influenced by nostalgia for the original.

>when you unzip your clown suit and start tickling your pickle for the first time in front of her

As someone who's not in the least bit afraid of clowns, this wasn't nearly as scary to me as it was to most normies. That said, it was still a phenomenal film, and anyone who disagrees is a contrarian faggot.

I unironically love it

I felt a fucking emptiness when the movie ended. She's so fucking perfect.

What's that old AVGN joke? They should've named it BOO: Spooky House!

>Times you acted like pennywise

Tim Currys Pennywise ruined this film 2bh. If I wasn't constantly comparing the 2 I would have thought the actor did a good job.

Bill did a fine job, he just didn't get to fucking do anything. They made Pennywise a goofy CGI monster and it showed. Really fuckin' bad:

Yeah felt more like I was watching an actually enjoyable version of The Goonies than a horror movie.

Child actors limit the movie

I though they did great. It'll be a shame they won't be in the sequel as much if at all.

t. child

they were good, but I mean they can't use really creepy stuff while they are on screen.