Post something more pretentious and dogshit than this

Post something more pretentious and dogshit than this

protip: you cant

La La Land

your favorite movie

But it put up a strong case for the importance of capeshit over "the higher arts". Just because the director says a lot of pretentious shit doesn't mean the movie itself is.

Lol

pulp fiction

I honestly think it's one of the best movies of the last few years. But then again I'm a cinematography slut and that's arguably the best part of the movie.

Would've been fine but the ending reeks of trying too hard

You're just mad because you were expecting it to be a real superhero movie.

You're a pleb its okay to say it.

Neon Demon

Plebs don't make you want to shoot yourself. Patricians do. Did you not get the ending?

But user, I'm finishing my masters in cinematography this year. Not everything has to be perfect and taken seriously. I think it's an enjoyable and beautiful movie.

Also this, Refn is the ultimate hack.

the movie is about a pretentious guy though

user the cinematography is actually bad because it takes you out of the movie its obviously pretebtious. Not the actual dp but the direction. Same with the revenant.

I honestly think the whole "one long take" thing actually makes the movie more immersive, not less. Long shots have a thing for ages, so I don't see how it's that pretentious? It's just neatly lit and qualitatively shot without it being the point of the whole movie. I'd use the arguments you use for a movie like Drive, atleast Birdman had -some- substance to it.

It's nothing special, but the cinematography is amazing, Lubezki truly is the best ever. He's so good that he's ruining other movies for me. Even supposedly beautiful movies like Barry Lyndon or Apocalypse Now pale in comparison to Lubezki's work. He's simply on another level.

I got this OP.
I saw it with the drum score performed live.

>Hey, let's make a film where the first half is a decent enough story about a guy having writer's block, and then turn it all upside down to make a nonsensical, surreal story where Goodman symbolises the devil or something

This movie is the literal definition of pretentious.

Pleb here. Can somebody explain this movie to me?

he didn't need to jump off. what the fuck was that shit and froggy looking up ugh

this
lubezki is just so good

Not to mention the obvious jew baiting with Goodman shouting Heil Hitler

How the fuck it is pretentious?

Your taste

kill yourselves
this

>muh one take filming meme to pander to critics/the academy
>ambiguous ending to pander to pseudo-intellectuals
>about a washed up actor, again to pander to the academy
>criticism of capeshit blockbusters (I hate blockbusters too btw) to pander to the academy
>alternative (shit) soundtrack

This movie was the biggest oscar bait shit Ive seen. Keaton's acting was good, that was all there was to it.

yep it was dogshit

it was pointlessly racist to asians as well

what piece of garbage

The long take would have been good if it actually was one long take. When the camera awkwardly moves through darkened hallways and its obvious there is a cut there several times it doesnt work as intended, it just takes viewers out of the movie. I couldnt get fully immersed because the """no cut""" shit kept distracting me with how poorly it was executed.

The Holy Mountain

It may be an oscar bait, the Academy loves meta-films, but it isn't pretentious

If you watched other Iñárritu films you'd know he's a rather honest director

yeah barton fink is actually pretty shit. i always know i'm dealing with 'one of those' whenever some first year film studies nigger says 'yeah barton fink is my favorite film'

Ha, to be honest I thought the trick-photography and "whoa is this all one shot?!?" buggery was the most distracting thing about the movie, which I liked otherwise.

Your post

Stalker.

La La Land wasn't pretentious though, it was just bad.

Dunkirk.

La La Land is objectively a good film, your a imbecile

keaton & norton were great in it tho

into the fuging wild

If it wasn't executed so nice you have a point.

>This triggers the capeshit fans

I loved this movie. It was so cocky that it knew it would bring Keaton back on in the map and it has! Gotta love an arrogant film.

>A musical about a love story is pretentious
holy hell. Do movies have to literally be templates in order to please you?

These are both documentaries, but "The Bomb" and "Houston We Have a Problem" are both so far up their asses it's astounding.
The first one looks like a highschool film project thinking overlapping images with shitty Sony Vegas effects are deep and the second one spends around 90 minutes making a single point and wasting your time. It literally laughs at your face for watching.
>heh that's the point
SHUT THE FUCK UP ZIZEK
Holy fuck they're awful.

Not even close

It was pretty bad. Keaton himself was great, but the plot was the most phoned-in, lazy, generic "fall from grace" plot ever.

Yeah, that and Keaton's performance were the best things and made it watchable when otherwise it should have put me to sleep.

>lol, why didn't they just shoot an entire 2 hour movie in a single take?
Idiot.

pleb

How Sneedian.

>tfw every chick I tried to get with in HS asked if I'd seen this and every time would say 'no' b/c it meant lights off etc
I must have seen this shit 48 times. It went from 'ok' to 'i'll kill everyone in this house if there's one more faux indie track shitted out of the TV'
Didn't even get fully laid off it. Fuck.