This should be a movie

This should be a movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eytOzwyfiCA
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWjnM4fZ4U8wLxrFXjL-95ME0QJwdz8m8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lovecraftian kino

this but unironically

Couldn't stand that game, felt too much like a walking simulator.

it is, but its one of the good ones

its a literal walking simulator with some really scary bits, but the plot is amazing.

Give it another try, I couldn't stand it at first too.

>with some really scary bits
i dont think thats true, i fucking hate horror games and i loved the shit out of SOMA exactly because it wasnt that spooky

GOAT atmosphere and story tho

My favourite monster is the naked one with a shitload of eyes that teleports to you when you make noise.

would be really lovecraftian and kafkaesque

It would be to depressing tbqh senpai

How about we let games be games. Vidya can't be made into movies.

Games like this, amnesia, dark souls etc are hard to translate to movies or tv. A lot of the game is you exploring, connecting the plot/lore details yourself and occasionally an npc telling you wtf is going on.

That being said, id kill for a dark souls movie.

Yeah and the IT movie was amazing because ther scary bits weren't scary but the funny bits, those sure were great

Something like that, with almost no dialogue, would be kino though. It just wouldn't be successful commercially.

okay, Sup Forumseddit

I'm not the ones discussing video games and praising a walking simulator

Sup Forumseddit are the only autists getting mad at games trying to go above the medium and being butthurt that its not their nostaliga 90s ebin action shooters and shit

But reddit is the normalfags playing video games for the story. What's worse?

what if the secret to both your problems is that Sup Forums and reddit are two separate entities?

>using spoilers for no reason
hello Sup Forumseddit

>le amazing plot
>haha dude remember the body swap we did earlier in the game?
>well now we do it again but this time feel bad about it k?

I got the impression that they had just watched pic related before starting work on that game, a few similarities

The spoiler in this case is meant to simulate a whispering tone.

People always focus on mind uploading meme, anyone else admire the sound in this? It's great.

>i read peter watts once the game

Why is Soma becoming popular again? It was a subpar horror game that focused on transhumanism rather than actual horror or gameplay.
>oh no I'm actually in a woman's body
>oh no I'm fucking dead

The game starts with getting a brain scan, its not a body swap.

buttmad Sup Forumsedditor

But Soma isn't like that
It would work as a movie

because the main concept really makes one think

its lovercraftian af

This actually applies

There's not a single bodyswap in this game and it's one of the most important parts of the story.

I like the idea turned into script. But this is an interactive movie..sort of. Best of 2015 imo

It will be quite Kafkaesque

Not nearly as scary as Layers of Fear

but good underwater kino

kys

It didn't really need to be a game to begin with but it was enjoyable for what it was.

I can't help but feel that the ending and post-credits scene should've been swapped for more effect.

2deep4me

Also when you look at it. That was the scariest part of that section. Still preferred the guy who died in the suit but got resurrected so it's just a walking suit with tendrils coming out the faceplate. Nailed that space horror feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=eytOzwyfiCA

There are actually a number of live action shorts that were released in the lead up to the game. Pretty well done too.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWjnM4fZ4U8wLxrFXjL-95ME0QJwdz8m8

Here's the playlist of all the videos. Basically acts as a prequel series to the game. Not fan made either, created by the devs as publicity. Still low budget as fuck with shit acting though.

Bioshock is better

>that part where you transfer yourself into the heavy suit
>girl - "Yea, its basically cut and paste like last time. You'll be fine."
>wake up in the new suit, still hear yourself talking in the old suit before it falls alseep
>fucking what
>Yea, thats you too, you're gonna wake up a few hours later, alone and literally trapped down here with no way out
>or you could just kill it
That was the first time ever in a videogame i've ever felt properly fucked with, or thought about a choice for more than a couple seconds

literally fucking nothing in common you dumb fuck

Depressing shit desu

more like kafkaesque
I truly mean it

It takes one concept and runs with it the entire time. Like FEAR you progress through a single solid storyline getting fed bits of information until the whole picture is revealed. Only this time about halfway through you're given the story and the second half is your character dealing with it. It handles the concept well because if you one day found out you were dead and are now a robot copy of yourself it would take time to sink in and there is no healthy way to handle it. By the end Simon still can't grasp the situation and suffers for it. Also it has a great pre-credits ending. Overall, it's a very well made walking simulator.

Is FEAR any good, actually?
I remember the first one getting great reviews when i was a kid, but i was too spooked to play it...
Dont really care about the gameplay, more about the plot tb h...?