British food discussion

I plan on moving to the UK soon and everyone I know is warning me about the awful british food.

Are those warnings based on reality or it's just the general prejudice against brits? Does it affect the whole nation? Is it only restaurant wise or should I be concerned about food in supermarkets too?

Is british food the worse in all europe?
Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_pudding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_butter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

...poor Pac-Man he didn't deserve to go out like this.

British food is based on simple ingredients,usually meant to be quickly eaten and filling. Yes there are son parts of British food that are unpleasant to many (black pudding being one of them) but most British food has plenty of delicious ingredients such as bacon,egg, sausages and especially our wide range of desert cakes. I would describe British cuisine as "stodgy" ,but you get used to it. Our shops do sell normal food,but we have much more sliced bread and milk.

Mostly a meme.

Buy cheap, you'll eat cheap. Most traditional British restaurants are pretty good these days.

look up restaurant reviews before you go to eat somewhere and you'll be fine.

also this belongs on Sup Forums

That's his African counterpart, NigMan, you RACIST!

WE EAT SHIT AND WE LOVE IT

Cadburys is god tier though

bro that looks dank

Our awful food is a meme the real place with shit food is Germany.

Our supermarkets have everything you could want and all of it is to a high standard.

Most of our restaurants are foreign themed, Italian, Indian, Turkish etc.

If you fancy decent traditional English food go to for a pub lunch in a non-chain place.

is that a squashed nigger cock?

Where are you moving to?

>british
>""""""""""""""""""""food"""""""""""""

german food is way better then food in the uk generally speaking.

Looks like shit

our food is good

I went to London on vacation a few years back. Food was absolutely terrible, I hardly ate the whole trip.

you are misinformed. we have some of the best grub going. a mother fucking lamb shank vs. spag bol? no contest. other foods of interest are

>gammon steak, egg and chips
>beef wellington
>Shepherd's pie
>Beef and ale pie
>Meat and potato pie
>Basically any pie

>Victoria sponge

Man am I blessed living in this country.

Hey is that the famed Congo Cock Chop? I thought it was not politically correct anymore.

Changed my mind, it's his South Asian counterpart, PakMan.

RACIST!

This is basically all you eat from the brits, OP, along with some Yorkshire pudding. Love me some of that with white cheese sauce and gravy.

close to slough

Eat a MASSIVE breakfast every morning because British breakfast is literally the best in the world.

When I was in London I survived on breakfast, fish n chips, and candy being sold when you get off the subway (probably a waste of money cause I'm a dumb tourist)

Depends, if you are cooking yourself its a non-issue. The meme stems from poor people food from the 60s-70s, things like beans on toast and the like. Genuine British food (in the North) is similar to Norwegian with boiled lamb head and the like, while the south is closer to the Dutch and Germany.

Working class diet is currently awful and they just chuck a load of shit together and call it a meal, avoid that and you are fine.

that's funny - I went to the states last November and I didn't eat a thing that had any sort of history or culture about it. It was LITERALLY fucking hot dogs, burgers, fries and grits. your country is a joke and you're all fat as fuck and disgusting.

P
O
L
I
T
I
C
S

>no Texas BBQ
Your fault. Should have come to Texas.

Largely a meme dating back 50+ years.

Like everything else in Britain, for better or for worse, we've adopted continental methods.

yeah, love me some Saurkraut .... not.

>beans
>bad

host me then.

Don't forget water sandwiches and frozen baked beans.

Cadburys is fucking garbage. Since they got sold they fucked the recipe and started adding non-chocolate stuff into the new lines to save money on expensive cocoa.
Mars have now replaced them

I'm scottish and I must say the food in that picture (black pudding) is delcious

Beans on toast, toad in the hole and bangers and mash aren't exactly extravagant dishes that you'll find in a high class restaurant

>water sandwiches

what are you on about you spastic?

You're in for a treat. British food is the best in the world for this kind of climate, anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

but they are god tier snacks.

I'm in the middle of nowhere, m8. It's even a 30 minute drive to the rodeo.

Black pudding is great, i don't know why people hate it so much.

Awful food is mostly a meme, it looks like shit but it doesn't taste like shit. Just because we don't do fine curls with caramel here doesn't mean the food is awful.

That being said a lot of people eat processed multinational shite from the supermarket.

Black pudding, or blood pudding is actually Slovakian in origin. I dont know why everyone associates it with us when its probably eaten across Europe.

Depends what you are eating

The issue is, is that we have a limited amount traditional food. Secondary to that , is that we have do have can be easily produced into high carb, fatty and meaty foods. So what you get is a plethora of shitty food, and a limited amount of anything decent

that being said, get a bloody Cornish pasty

You can get Nandos and Maccas practically anywhere in England.

Traditional English food is okay, it's not terrible really, there's been a gourmet eruption throughout that country for 100+ years though. Any country that accepts a certain amount of foreign people is bound to have a diverse food culture.

Because people are fucking retarded, and judge the book by its cover.

What the fuck is this steak with veggiess, potatoes and an unidentified piece of semicircle bread?

Just moved back to Norway after living in UK for 4 years, its all memes. The supermarkets will have (almost) everything you desire. Loads of different restaurants with all kinds of food. The only places where you might be limited is in middle of nowhere villages.

>there are son parts of British food that are unpleasant to many (black pudding being one of them)

DELET THIS

>slough
May god have mercy on you.

Fuck off, we're full.

>a nation of snacks

I do prefer cider to wine. Can't lie. England has been warm enough over the past 3 decades to foster am interesting wine market though. English wine isn't terrible.

It's not that there aren't any proper ingredients to buy in the UK, it's just that food culture hasn't quite penetrated to the working classes and the young. We have students that enjoy eating a goddamn crisp sandwich. I'm not shitting you.

You should obviously try to cook your own food, and if you're eating out, you'll find plenty of restaurants with good cuisine - either English (steak), or foreign (there's a curry place on every street in the UK).

If I ever have to eat another Sainsburys meal deal sandwich, I'm going to pop a cyanide pill into my next cuppa and end it.

>Hating on black pudding.
Cuck detected.

Never even had that
I imagine it's how Swedes feel when people say they eat rotten fish all day

Isn't this similar to morcilla though? Morcilla is nice

The 'bread' is unsweetened crepe batter the same as pancake mix

>Meanwhile accepts hundreds of thousands of third worlders per year

Why so? Lots of niggers or mudslimes around?

>I plan on moving to the UK soon and everyone I know is warning me about the awful british food.

It's an old prejudice.

British food was pretty bad between the 1900's and 1970. Britain was the first country in the world to move from home cooked meals to processed food and it fucked over our food culture pretty bad.

Modern British food is good. You can find high quality tasty British food in every city. And if you dislike British food for some reason you can find any other national or ethnic cuisine you might want.

>Cadburys is god tier though

Modern Cadburys chocolate is actually shit. It was bought by an American company who changed the recipe to the same that American chocolate is made from.

M&S milk chocolate is probably the closest you can get to what Cadburys used to be.

Beans and toast is literally the cheapest quickest meal that poor Brits eat though. Its like going to America and complaining that people eat rice and beans.

That, my dago friend, is roast beef with Yorkshire pudding. The finest meal ever devised by man.

>Not eating delicious jellied eels.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire_pudding

Exactly. We don't need anymore third worlders.

Inb4 AIDS, SARS and Avian flu pandemics in your country. Don't come here for help, borders will be closed. Friend.

Slants are like kikes, they only help out their own people while simultaneously pretending to be your friend.

Dude, I'm a chill guy, I'm white, know your language beforehand, and want to integrate in a normal non-medieval thinking country. It's not like I'm asking for money or governement aid.

>Texas BBQ

Dogshit. KC master race here. I will say that you guys make better BBQ than Carolina, that fucking mustard and onion sauce they like is filthy nigger tier.

oops, see

I bet that tea is unsweetened, you savage brute.

Scarf the barf.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toast_sandwich

Cadbury is certified Halal good for domestic and international consumption. Find better chocolate. Lindt is a good compromise.

Do you like ARYAN BLOOD?

It's very bad and also unhealthy.

Memphis has us both beat, so slow your roll.

Still amazing.

kek

Fast food chains are almost as bad as americans' one on taste. If you go in smaller restaurants you can find decent food but lots of dishes taste nothing but salty water.

>tea
what tea?

We invented the sandwich you YANKSTAIN we can put whatever the fuck we want in it.

By extension that includes your filthy burgers.

ps we make better ones with real Angus beef from actual Scottish Angus cows.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_butter

:^)

Is that coke with a lemon in it? I take back everything I said about your beautiful country. I was wrong to doubt you senpai

Sure. But Swedish food is much worse.

Is that cider with Pimms?

it's probably pretty good out in the country. I've only been to London and I was pretty disgusted by the food.

Yeah it's all awful, you would be much better off staying at home.

its eaten everywhere

A very political topic. Take your shitposts back to /ck/.

I don't know, the UK has 100% smooth yogurt which is hard to find where I live

yeah the supermarkets are fucking good in the uk, way better than most places.

The fish and chips were not a meme. They really were damn good.

We have the best food but awful women. I would rather fuck a Yorkshire pudding than a Yorkshire girl.

God rest your soul.

>close to slough
Food will be the least of your worries mate.

yes

>I dont know why everyone associates it with us

Yeah it's coke with lemon, is that unusual in the USA?

Pimm's is pretty great, I bought a bottle the other day, lovely stuff.

My Chinese gf loves black pudding, but then again they will eating anything that's put in front of them

>calling black pudding anything other than delicious
spotted the sandnigger

we have shit both. why are so many brits on here so delusional? i think it's because so many grow up with shit food and have maladapted tastebuds.

Take in as much spotted dick as you can.

I guess all the area around London is filled with this kind of people then? Slowly spreading to the rest of the country?