Post your favorite movie and let others guess things about you

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8rnCwZPg5LI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you're a kinosseur

on a related note, when will a good quality version of come and see be put on bluray?

You like history

You have friends or relatives with a history of mental illness.

You're a Lovecraft-fan, that's why you like his best adaptation.

You think intention is more important than execution.

You're positively lovecraftian?

>you're a kinosseur

True.

And honestly, idk. But I've learned that the soundmixing might sound weird, but it serves a point.
Also true.

Just saw it in 70mm for the first time. I cant believe it came out before the moon landing, Kubrick really is one of the greatest filmmakers in history.

Well you're obviously belgian. Where else do people watch flemish films? Netherlands I guess...

Haven't seen it, looks interesting though. Thanks for the rec.

To you, plot is secondary.

I'm German but you're welcome. It won the audience prize at Fantasy FIlm Fest and was released as part of the Kino Kontrovers collection here. Definitely watch it.

You're hyperactive, but know how to handle it.

You might be hard to get into conversation with, but under the right circumstances (alcohol might be involved) you'll say everything you think about a particular subject.

I'm going to guess Come and See is not actually your favorite film, but you like to say that it is so you feel intellectually superior to other avid film fans.

I'd say manic depressant but sure

damn, spot on lol

You have a hard time forgiving.

hehehe yeah

you are not a fan of subtlety

you have both good and bad taste

very lovecraftian, seriously though you don't care about being 'le patrician' wich is good

getting into cinema

DUDE

watch L'Argent

No bully

CAN SOMEONE FUCKING RELEASE THIS IN A BETTER QUALITY SO I DON'T HAVE TO WATCH IT IN 144P
>Also my favourite film :^)

You're wrong, it is.

The Eastern Front is the most fascinating piece of history that I've ever come across. The destruction of human life occured on a scale never before seen and so many of the essential beliefs that constitute the foundation of modern western, and post-soviet, society stem from that conflict (though in different ways).

I had a fantasy for a long time that an adaptation of Blood Meridian transposed into eastern europe following the Dirlewanger Brigade in place of the Glanton Gang with Joel Glanton replaced by Oskar Dirlewanger would be fucking fantastic. Sort of how Apocalypse Now was an adaptation of The Heart of Darkness. I even pictured it with long tracking shots during massacres.

Then I finally watched Come and See, and it was just... that. The movie I dreamed of. So no, it is my favorite movie, for a good reason.

You are all cunts

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Haven't checked but I'm positively certain that there's an HD release on rutracker somewhere.

All me btw.

uhm... misogynist much?

I don't really know what's my favorite but I like this very much

You prefer people to be standup and true to themsleves as well as others. No matter what. Lies and betrayal make you feel bad in the worst kind of way.

You feel that aesops are a good thing but they should be more complex. You felt relieved when you saw Unforgiven for the first time.

never seen it
excellent taste
never seen it
never seen it
eh
never seen it sober so I can't comment
never seen it
never seen it
never seen it
never seen it
never seen it

Wow I've watched like no films

It's too difficult to pick a favorite, but I've seen this many times and I watched it again recently.

You have contemplated god understood that he is the largest organism that contains all smaller organisms that contain all smaller organisms that contain all smaller organisms...

You're a family guy.

Seems you're genuinely interested in the themes and history regarding the film. I was wrong to assume other wise.

I'd say that's fairly accurate.

So you watch only Bergman films? Well... Did you grow up with nothing but SVT in the 60s and 70s and then stopped watching TV and film altogether? You managed to see 2001, and once in the 90s you rambled, high as fuck, into a theater showing Fear and Loathing, so... Honestly man I don't fucking know, publish your life story and I'll read it!

John Carpenter's The Fog.

Not bad user, not bad at all.

How about you contribute, faggots?

Nothing so exciting I'm afraid, I just don't watch many films user

I think the two of us would get along.

you like big guys

wasn't familiar enough with the films posted up to that point, otherwise I would've

I already did retard

Atmosphere is the most important thing to you. It might be hard to reach your emotions, but once you do, you'll react stronger than most.
You feel strongly about stuff in the moment, but in general it's hard to articulate actually wtf you believe.
You feel nostalgic about the time when a simple blue collar worker could support a family, but this belief does not motivate you politically (I mean, not that I think it should but... yeah, that's just how you feel, man).

Yeah idk about this one. Is Chevy good in this= Might check it out.
Well clearly you live for the pleasures of the senses.
Haven't seen this, looks pretty cool though.
I'm guessing that you're the kin of guy that care about children a lot, or would care about them if you had them. A good father, basically.

>You feel strongly about stuff in the moment, but in general it's hard to articulate actually wtf you believe.
Thanks mr. vague.

You're a useless piece of shit that projects his insecurities on others based on his own shortcomings.
How'd I do?

jolly good

You're in your 20s. You play tabletop and wish you had more likeminded friends.

But you've seen Winter Light and Through a Glass Darkly and think they're among the best?

Post the movie you like the least.

you visit /k/

you visit /lit/

you visit Sup Forums

Sup Forums is your city

I'm actually French so my taste is automatically better than yours.

32 year old
skinny fat
gf is asian
owns a ps4
is 6'2

Bergman's my favourite director and those two are some of his best

user I can't think of a single film I disliked more than anything else desu. Nothing springs to mind and I usually avoid films I can tell will be bad. I think I caught the last 30 minutes of a Will Smith oscarbait film a few months back that seemed pretty embarrassing I guess

hi Snyder

Through a Glass Darkly poster here, you have fantastic taste user. Would hang with you and discuss cinema/10

faggot with shit taste, easy to impress and easier to please.

everything right other than age and height
28, 4'3''

>You feel nostalgic about the time when a simple blue collar worker could support a family, but this belief does not motivate you politically
not really but thanks anyway

Somewhere between 25 and 30
Recently moved out with gf
Science degree

Three Options:

1. You're Stanley Kubrick.
2. You're in film school (or wish you were).
3. Of your 5 favorite films, Lynch is at least three of them.
You're like a more stoned version of a Wayne'es World fan.
Idk, haven't seen this. J'habite en france aussi, dégueulasse.

The Secret of NIMH.

C-cool

>4'3''

guess things about me

I doubt if he has much of a life story. My guess is he's a 16 year old who went on a Bergman binge over the summer break after his cool English teacher gave him a copy of the new, bad translation of Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Because seriously, kid, anyone who unashamedly admits to never having seen Haneke's The Seventh Continent should knock off the boasting about Bergman.

I'm guessing you like Coens and westerns a lot... Really hard to say something about you as a person though.
You feel mistreated. Though it might be your own fault, partially.

You have an internet review show and are known for couch-casting your female employees.

I honestly believe the original was as close to perfect as you can get

I'm not Kubrick you fucker. Kubrick is obviously dead and theres no way I could even live that long.

best Kubrick

>You feel strongly about stuff in the moment, but in general it's hard to articulate actually wtf you believe.

Scarily accurate and Gattaca is my favourite movie

based mozart poster

Escapism is your main reason for enjoying art of any kind.
Not a movie poster.
Literally never heard of this, looks good though.

I wish
Yes

The guess "You prep the bull" will be disqualified as too obvious.

The restoration that recently played at Venice won the best restored film award

So should be a good quality release soon

If anyone has even seen it

You're between 25 and 35 and have a degree in film or journalism
I'm gonna guess you haven't seen the Thin Red Line or Badlands lol
You have a lot of patience
nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor. Seriously though, you probably have a dark sense of humor

No-one has even seen it.

Best scene youtube.com/watch?v=8rnCwZPg5LI

You enjoy being close to tears in private, but would never cry among other grown men.
Okay well, this is going to be hard... Because Star Wars fans are obviously everywhere, so is the franchise's detractors. But do you truly think the original is almost perfect? you should go watch the sourche material (Kurosawa's films, look it up to know wich ones (Derzu Uzala is Yoda)) but even then, I mean, I get that it's entertaining, but I'm left to assume that you haven't watched all that many movies. But that's about all I can say.
You get of on the idea of taking an old school car up on the hill with a with of the city and screwing your girl on the hood of the car.
So I'm guessing it's both option 2&3 then.
What, no? I just... w/e dude. Smoke more PCP and be on your way.

Lol.
This is the first hour I've spent on Sup Forums and /lit/ looks like Plato's fucking Academy in comparison.

Get a load of this pencil-knecked little junior high school "film buff" thinking he might be going "right over your heads" with a still from one of the most heavily critically analyzed movies ever made.

The sad thing is he's probably not wrong.

Honestly haven't seen it, wanted ot pick it up for a while.

You're right. God damn, you guys a re getting obscure.

Details are what make the atmosphere, to you.

this is Sup Forums, a solid 80% of anons here only watch capeshit and GoT.

You're a fairly normal and cool guy, not really any big issues. You enjoy life. I'm curious though, what do you think about Die Hard with a Vengeance?

u admit whens something good probably like obscure movies and weird shit but ur honest and admit nothing can top a classic

Thanks, I've watched most of Kurosawa's older work but haven't seen anything post 1970. I'll check it out.
Daw thanks

It really is embarrassing.
Film actually IS an art-form after all, and you ALL appear to be about 13 years old, desperately reaching for stuff some older kids told you was "patrician-tier".
Shut this fucking joke of a place down, for Christ's sake.
You know literally NOTHING.

I'm an adult man with a film degree who could but ok. Never said it wasn't well known, just that most people wouldn't have seen it. It's not one of the most critically analyzed films of all time, are you fucking retarded? I could name a hundred directors with tomes more critical analysis than Powell and Pressburger, they're still pretty underrated in the film world.
Go back to your daily Corncob and john Green hate threads fag

my dude it's just a film thread relax. go back to your home board.