Holy shit this was poor, It's just an hour and a half of a woman being incompetent and unaware of how the world works...

Holy shit this was poor, It's just an hour and a half of a woman being incompetent and unaware of how the world works, her bosses even give the the go ahead but she doesn't because of her short sighted belifes.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/17/netflix-scout-for-narcos-tv-show-found-shot-dead-in-mexico
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, and that's what makes it a good film

Don't make threads ever again retard.

This. Finally a realistic woman in a hollywood movie, incredible.

NO HABLE INGLES‽

How the hell did you completely misunderstand the point of Emily Blunt's character? The CIA intentionally chose a clueless woman that they could easily manipulate.

more like sleepcario sleepcan'tcario

Vaya mierda de bait gringo

I love it when they no hable ingles

rip location guy who picked all these seedy areas

>IM GETTIN A BONER

I want a wacky crime buddy movie with Boner, Brolin, and Sicario.

HE DIE??

theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/17/netflix-scout-for-narcos-tv-show-found-shot-dead-in-mexico

>Nothing will make sense to your American ears, and you will doubt everything that we do, but in the end you will understand.

You know what's funny mate, it's that this film is loved by Sup Forums and it's a really shite film. the only good bit is that continuous shot early on.
So if this is an official legit film on Sup Forums I can't take much else seriously here in terms of taste.

wow is it your first fuckin day

Nope. You seem new though if you deduced that from what I said. The amount of Sicario love in threads on here is in the hundreds.

Benicio del Kino.

and you're a dumb cunt for thinking Sup Forums has a collective taste, let alone following whatever you think it is.

like i said, first fuckin day, and on top of that I bet your taste is worse than the average Sup Forums user who likes capeshit

It is a popular movie ya dingus.

Like any general consensus, I deduce that the overwhelming majority praise this movie far more than it's worth.
You know nothing of my taste other than I don't like Sicario or at least don't rate it.
Yet you're so butt blasted I hold that opinion that you are jumping to wild conclusion based on the fact I don't like this mediocre film. Pretty sad.

this. the point of the movie isn't anything about her, it's that the war on drugs is really the war on drugs that the CIA doesn't control. Look up Oliver North and Iran contra

What's sad is you're trying to affect an air of superiority in a thread about how Sicario WASN'T good you dumb pleb.

shutup cunt

post your three favourite films

Is Villenueve /ourguy/?

I really wish they could make a realistic film about cartels in Mexico

>he speaks as if he has taste
>the only good bit is that continuous shot early on
I can't stop laughing
The fact that you don't like the rest of the horse shit yet praise something so upvote groupthink is hilarious

I'm not, you said I'm new because I said people on here mostly like Sicario.
No cuntooks I won't. censoring free speech are you Hillary goon?
it's hard to choose a favorite song or films usually for me.
I'll list three fave films that are all up there at least.
The Thing, Gremlins, The Game. I know I must like them because if they're ever on tv I'll leave them on and re watch. I always watch things on my pc these days though.
It's a good shot and the film couldn't carry on the vibe or match it later on so everything else is a let down from then on in, not that hard to comprehend really.

shutup cunt

>tfw watched it again the other night and still thought it was fucking great.

Not sure if its contrarions disliking a movie that gets exactly as much acclaim as it deserves or pretentious nerds pretending this film somehow reaches beyond its grasp. It's easily one of the best movies to come out of hollywood since 2010.

>The Thing
ok
>Gremlins
lol
>The Game

HAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

AHAHHAHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

I'm not who you thought I was. I think you're affecting a false sense of superiority, but you are in fact just a pleb hoping to look sophisticated.
Either way, you presented yourself like an idiot and so I now write to a tool who gets his anons confused. Good luck next time, cuck.

>I always watch things on my pc these days though.

unironically this, she was a total bad ass and the movie rocked

i just watched it again last night, i think its one of the best movies for portraying a covert operation

>the thing
>gremlins
>the game

all opinions disregarded

I really don't give a flying fuck what your take on that is.
So you like sitting through ads or something?
I can use my pc to put a film on my tv what is the problem with that exactly?
Do you wait for your network to air a film exactly at the right time and wait for it to happen?
wtf

you're a fucking fag

But you'd rather watch Emily cunts sour mug on your screen ok yeaaah alright.

my favorite film of all time tbhsenpai

>It's a good shot and the film couldn't carry on the vibe or match it later on so everything else is a let down from then on in, not that hard to comprehend really.
Well you're a pleb just like the people that praise this flick and anything else by the hack director

you sound like an adolescent.
Yeah because even a shit director is capable of have a team that can produce a scene or two, so hard to grasp isn't it. keep clutching to that odd belief.

and you sound like a fucking fag

You should maybe go back to r/baking or r/askwomen, somewhere not understanding The Last Samurai is still accepted. You will not understand anything here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of /wolves/ now.

@87903312
The stereotypical walking pseud "film buff" everyone

Your seduction techniques are crude. Fuck off with your homo erotica.

>He doesn't like The Thing

Fuck off, retard.

Same, famalam

I like it, but it's not in my top 3 favourite movies, retard.

My bad, I thought you just meant they were all shit, guess I am the retard.

>Mr. Boner, Mr. Bitchin Peanuts and Mr. Clockworks

I know this is weak bait but that doesn't detract from the fact that you are a moron.

Shes thrust into a position where shes literally kept in the dark, just so they could cover their asses and obviously reacts honestly when her fucking life is put into danger because no one will tell her what shes getting into.

But then again if you left your house every now and then you'd learn how people and the world work

Amazing how a single tard can derail a thread so easily and inadvertently, simply by being himself.
did they rape him?

Are you genuinely retarded?

They obviously waterboarded him.

Whatever you imagined happened.

Villeneuve didn't left out that visual information out so the "secret underground patrician dissecting club" can put the pieces together to form a singular universal answer.
By amping up the tension and then not showing the actual action every viewer forms his own worst personal mental picture of what is happening and that way it's much more impactful than just showing someone waterboarding/raping someone.
Also the shot mimmicks the shutting off the video camera and Brolin leaving the room so he doesn't have to watch it.

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them, that would be pretty shallow. Focus on why is something shown in that way rather than what it is.

Oh shit lads apparently a follow up film literally starring these three (no Blunt) is in the works. Called Soldado

Brolin doesn't leave the room

Not sure if pretending to be retarded
Pretty heavily implied it was rape.

>Not sure if pretending to be retarded
Please stop with the faggotry. The rape-meme isnt funny and its nothing more than fanfic for you faggots to jack off over.

And what did Brolin do then? Sit back and enjoy watching Benicio fuck the fat greasy mexican? And why would Benicio say "Now you'll learn what's hell in yankee land" and then proceed to rape him?

>secret underground patrician dissecting club

The first rule of secret underground patrician dissecting club is we don't talk about secret underground patrician dissecting club.

Dont humor him. Its a gay meme. He obviously waterboarded him. The CIA doesnt fucking rape people for information, if waterboarding does the trick.

>implied rape?
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAaawn

The point is he brought in a thing of water to give the appearance that he was about to waterboard him, which alphabet agencies and the people associated with openly admit to not having a problem with.

Then the camera zooms in on the water jug to show to it was never even used at all and you can hear a rhythmic thrusting/rubbing sound. Not to mention how he put his crotch in his face to emasculate him and take his sense of power away.

He fucking raped him.

>He obviously waterboarded him
No he didn’t. He neither "obviously" waterboarded him or raped him. It's made not obvious on purpose.
Why do you think Villeneuve inserted a shot of a completely dry drain along with an UNopened water tank? There is no clear answer and it's made like that on purpose

Is a belly full of water worse when you're getting waterboarded or when you're getting raped? That's the secret to answering this riddle.

You didn’t answer a single question I asked in that post.

i didn't care for it but the soundtrack was great

Youre right. He carried the giant fucking water barrel to the interrogation room (which has a drain in the middle of the room), so he could have a quick drink in between rape sessions.

Why the fuck am I still talking to you. Well trolld guy. You win.

>Emily blunt
>actually rather fine

its very stylized. so people think it's shit

I question the analysis of some of you retards some times.

>be fbi agent
>be invited by cia
>turns out cia doesn't really want you but needs an fbi agent on the team to get certain jurisdictions
>cia doesn't fill you in on details either because they don't trust you or don't care to
>you actually want to help them out because you care about the job
>literally a few days in a new assignment on a new job in a vastly different country on an assignment that is one of the most dangerous, sensitive, and complicated in the world
>of course the cia is doing questionably legal things and tampering in regime change like they always do

Of course she is incompetent and unaware of the entire situation. It's like you guys never have worked a day in your life and think real life is some video game or movie. You don't go in guns blazing and being an experienced bad ass from day 1 in a new job role.

waterboarding isn't even real just hold your breath nigga like damn

>cs:go spray patterns.webm

>Then the camera zooms in on the water jug to show to it was never even used at all and you can hear a rhythmic thrusting/rubbing sound. Not to mention how he put his crotch in his face to emasculate him and take his sense of power away.
No, it zooms in on a water drain. There's no water flowing into the drain, I'll give you that, but that's not indicative of anything necessarily

I have to question these "leave your house and learn how the real world works" posts

As if either of you have a fucking clue about the inner workings of the CIA and FBI

He carried the giant water barrel so people in the hallway and the camera filming has evidence that he will waterboard him, as that is actually (borderline) legal in certain situations. Then they shut the camera and close the doors and then he can do whatever he wants to do with him.
Next time try actually watching the film

He's too popular and consistent.

Of course not.

>but that's not indicative of anything necessarily
Yeah user, Deakins turned the camera and zoomed in on the drain just to pass time and the shot was inserted in the actual final cut as a mistake in the editing room, not at all as a key visual point in the narrative yes bravo user

(you)

No I definitely don't but sometimes it's silly here how much people are eager to rank on characters simply because they can't relate. Her character is indeed over her head but any person would be. More to the point, this isn't like a new job at McDonalds. This is FBI and CIA. And operations outside what is technically legal and part of the training they would normally have.

>lol she so dumb and incompetent.
>stupid women xd

She's a pretty normal character. It's not so much about her incompetence as much as the movie is really about how dangerous and challenging these drug cartels are. Much more than the general public and even some of the law enforcement communities in the US are aware of. That's really the point of the movie but of coures NEETs on Sup Forums miss that because they are too busy engulfed in their identity politics.

Opinion respected, sir.

While I agree with you on almost everything, I do have to point out that she was an operator for an FBI hostage rescue squad. She had 0 knowledge or training on pretty much anything other than how to clear a building and save hostages.

They (CIA) needed an FBI agent to be allowed to operate inside the US (Mexico) and he knew she would be so confused all the time that they (CIA) could get away with their own agenda.

So in essence, like pointed out by others, she was hand picked, exactly due to her ignorance concerning how the CIA and the cartels operate in their shadow war.

I agree. I just think some people on here seem to be claiming (not you) that she is generally incompetent and also tying it to her being a woman.

Yeah, but thats just the angry virgins and the bitter feminists. Also, if she had been a man, Alejandro would have "suicided" her. He only let her live, because she reminded him of his wife/daughter.

Feminists don't want female characters
They want power fantasies

Well I'm glad we both aren't on the extreme either side of this nonsense. Seems we both pretty much are in agreement.

all that explanation hah, for anyone who is an intellectual and part time kinoisseur takes that for granted instantly

you are the sexist ones, haha

Pretty much, I'm sure they drooled over Wonder Woman

>I'm sure they drooled over Wonder Woman
Oh they did
Also that it was the closest thing to a fucking marvel movie that DC has made including the visual blandness

The thing about it is if it was written better it could've been great- people like it for the potential not the actual product.

>emotionally complex female protagonist = mary sue who knows everything and can beat up anyone
lol k

>people like it for the potential not the actual product
How could someone be so wrong

They're literally making a sequel (prequel?) that's just that. The director has done a lot of Italian mafia kino before this

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

>it's a latin americans are drug dealers and burgers are actually white people movie

Oh boy, I never get tired of this story

I love this movie because to me it highlights how differently men and women think. A woman's idea of morality is so black and white. Even when faced with the reality of how destructive the world is they continue living in this fantasy land where things can be solved "the right way."