IT'S BRIAN VS. SJWS IN A FAMILY GUY THREE PARTER!

>Alec Sulkin: We have a three-part story arc coming up this season involving Brian. Have you read the book So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed?

>John Hugar: I’ve heard of it. I know it talks about what happened to Justine Sacco.

>Alec Sulkin: Yeah, that’s the story we’re working on. Basically, Brian goes to a movie, and right before he goes in, he tweets something insensitive. It’s…kind of racist, but ultimately harmless. But the internet mob descends upon him, and it becomes so severe that he has to leave Quahog.

>John: That sounds a bit like what happened with Peter’s comic strip in “The Simpsons Guy.”

>Alec: For sure. In this case, I think we give it a more realistic bent, though, and we turn it into a story that can hold up on its own. I’m proud of that one.

Source: splitsider.com/2016/11/talking-to-showrunner-alec-sulkin-about-working-to-revitalize-family-guy/

Seth was responsible for Trump winning.

God they even know that they are ripping off old jokes yet refuse to do anything about it.

I have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. Finally, the hermitizing has begun.

You mean you dunno who Justine Sacco is? She was that woman who made some bad joke tweets while on a plane that were deemed insensitive by a fuckload of people, celebs included, and the company she worked for Tweeted that she had lost her job, which she wouldn't have known about until she landed and was able to get internet access.

People were tweeting #HasJustineLandedYet? because they were all frantically beating their meat to the idea of a woman losing her job over a dumb Tweet.

People getting fired for saying stupid shit is not new. The only thing that's new is that people now have a new medium to say stupid shit in.

No, what's new is that you can get almost immediately fired for it, or worse.

In the old days if you say something stupid the furthest it gets is rumors and can't really be verified. Now you say something stupid, it gets on the internet, and if it offends enough people you are straight up fucked. Remember the nightmare that one girl went through because she took a photo of herself pretend shouting in front of a "please be quiet" sign, and because it turns out that sign was at a veterans memorial people thought she was making fun of veterans?

>In this case, I think we give it a more realistic bent
>in fucking family guy

is family guy /ourguy/?

man this is just a reversed rehash of that crappy episode where Brian revealed himself to be an atheist and the whole town became assholes to him

>In the old days if you say something stupid the furthest it gets is rumors and can't really be verified.

But you'd still get fired if it wasn't just rumors. If you don't want to get fired, then maybe you should stop broadcasting every single thought you have to everyone on the entire planet. There always has been and always will be sensitive faggots, companies will never want to look bad, the solution is to stop being a stupid faggot.

>making insensitive jokes is bad
>wanting another human being to lose their job and potentially ruin their life is ok
These people are parasites who need to be purged from the Earth

I know, right? I mean, in this case it probably means that Brian doesn't get to come back at the end of the episode after duking it out with Homer Simpson but like... the idea that this is gonna play out seriously is laughable.

Remember the last time they did a three part story about Brian? Yeah, the time they killed him off. They couldn't even have a supposedly serious death play out without shoehorning in dumb gags like a squirrel kicking Brian's body after the car hit him or that black woman beating Joe with her purse at the graveyard for Christ's sake.

Was tempted to make a joke like that in the OP but didn't. Glad someone else did.

Yeah, hopefully people will remember why people of old, didn't use their actual names/identities on the internet.

>It's a "Brian gets ridiculed by everyone" episode
>Again
>It's a "Family Guy uses the idea of 'doing or saying something not tolerated in this modern age runs them out of town'" episode
>Again
>It's a "Family Guy reuses plotlines crucial to their episodic story, and they even acknowledge it" episode
>Again
>It's a "Family Guy attempts to be realistic and dead-serious while flinging zany, crude, self-explaining "jokes" into your face every 30 seconds" episode
>Again
>It's a "The article link and limited info make it seem like it's merely clickbait yet it's still highly believable that Family Guy would do it because it's fucking Family Guy" episode
>Again

>But you'd still get fired if it wasn't just rumors.

You'd have to literally say your dumb joke in front of the company CEO for that to be true. Maybe even repeat it a few times. There was no way to mobilize enough people to get you fired because of hurt feelings before social media. Nobody would go out and write physical letters or actually call people to get you fired. Even if your joke was incredibly insensitive, nobody can stay mad enough to go through all that trouble.

With twitter and the like, all it takes is a reblog and typing an "I CANT EVEN" and you're done. Enough of those messages pile up for clickbait websites to pick up on it and write articles, then suddenly there's enough pressure for a company to say "yeah okay I don't wanna deal with this, you're fired." It's not about being a stupid faggot, it's the fact that because of social media, all it takes is one person to find fault in anything you're saying to start enough of a shitstorm to ruin your life. Or did you forget about that whole UVA rape case thing?

>family guy actually taking this side
enjoy it while it lasts. once the episode production catches up with the election it'll be wall-to-wall 'not all dogs go to heaven's

That's why REAL internet is anonymous
anything you add your real name to is fake-ass new-internet and is shit. if your ego needs your real name to be on everything clever you say on the internet, you kinda deserve this

but anyone who retaliates should be punished for doing whatever they are doing, regardless of the reason.

I never fucking do that, and don't have facebook/twitter/anyofthatshit. I'll never understand why people willingly put all their shit out on the internet and then turn around and wonder why their checking account has been hacked.

They don't even need to wait to do that. After all they managed to shoehorn in that cutaway of Peter on Trump's bus doing the whole "Grab 'em by the pussy" exchange.

Public shaming is an issue I care deeply about. I pre-ordered this book as soon as I heard about it, and it was a great read. It really irks me that people assume "cyber harassment" just means people saying mean things about you and not shit that actually ruins your life. I'm hoping this episode will bring attention to the book, and if not, I hope it'll at least handle the issue better than The Simpsons, which said that if you get harassed, it's your own fault for making a bad joke.

>if your ego needs your real name to be on everything clever you say on the internet
People can dox you if you don't tie up every possible loose end. Also, people can photograph and take recordings of you in public without your consent. This isn't just a matter of personal responsibility.

Also, I forgot to mention in that Jon Ronson doesn't know how Sup Forums works and it's pretty funny. He thinks that when his thread disappears, it means he's being actively censored.

>We have a three-part story arc coming up this season involving Brian
Sarcastic woo hoo