Money for Nothing

What is the film equivalent of this song?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0WPzFnZkZmI
youtube.com/watch?v=TYbMPgqsGhI
youtube.com/watch?v=pXoob70cgew
youtube.com/watch?v=Il8ZC3O64AU
youtube.com/watch?v=Sys9LCUo-AU
youtube.com/watch?v=BR2JtsVumFA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3btVhwr48
youtube.com/watch?v=1O-IdK78MnY
youtube.com/watch?v=G8dpYM7kr9M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5IwPNKS9IUg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5JkHBC5lDs
youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kramer stand-up
You can see why people got upset about it but they should probably have just chilled out

>A movie you would like to watch but are unsure if it's socially acceptable anymore because it says "faggot" a couple times in the middle.

anything Disney does. Pirates, capeshit, SW, whatever

Honestly anyone who has a problem with him saying faggot a few times in that song is just a bitch. It's funny considering they aren't even Knopfler's words. The lyrics to that song are a conversation he overheard at an appliance store while a music video was playing on one of the tvs. That's why he's talking about microwave ovens and refrigerators.

Reboot

When?

Would you think the same thing if he said "nigger"?

Don't see the correlation here

>"Money for Nothing"

UHF
youtube.com/watch?v=0WPzFnZkZmI

word

>listening to my dad rock playlist
>see this thread
>guitar intro for this song (radio edit) comes in timed to perfection
good feel 2bh

Who cares? Anyone with taste knows that Sultans of Swing was, by far, their superior single.

Is this song actually controversial? I've only heard good things about it, I didn't even notice he said faggot until I listened to it with headphones since he sort of mumbles the words.

Ever hear "One In A Million" by GNR?

Pleb, Dire Straits never put out an album that wasn't worth listening to in it's entirety. Pick an album like that today.

the jamaican fella would love to live there, but it's a little bit pricey

See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy that's his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot he's a millionaire

How about we make this kino guitar riffs thread instead

youtube.com/watch?v=TYbMPgqsGhI
youtube.com/watch?v=pXoob70cgew

Anything by Mark Knopfler, really

Police and NIGGERS
Get outta' my way....

Immigrants and FAGGOTS
They make no sense to me...

Come on, Axl.

this desu
youtube.com/watch?v=Il8ZC3O64AU

I always get Dire Straits mixed up with Jackson Browne. It's both dad rock that was just kind of in the background and I knew it existed but not really.

That's pretty funny, the lyrics are such nonsense

I would, yes, but the general public would piss and moan. But even in the 80's a song with the word nigger in it wouldn't have been allowed to play on the radio, so your point is moot.

>dad rock
It's classic rock

You think this was referring to David Bowie?

I said that it was the superior single, which it is. I never said anything about album quality.

two names for the same thing

*blocks your path*
youtube.com/watch?v=Sys9LCUo-AU

Knopfler's clean tone is honestly one of the best of all time and anyone who wants to know why the stratocaster is so renowned should listen to this song.

The irony of the song is that the blue collar guys calling the pop star a faggot are envious to the point they wish they were him. Nothing wrong with the language, he can use whatever words he wants and the use of term faggot instantly establishes the status and perspective of the voice speaking.

Yeah, dad rock is the numale term.

>radio edit
Why would you do that to yourself

I'd agree if Les Boys didn't exist. The one Straits song I never listened to all the way through

youtube.com/watch?v=BR2JtsVumFA
People don't realize how good the guitar solo in this song is because there's a radio edit where they cut most of it out.

My local shopping centre plays that multiple times per day. Literally every single time I walk in there, I'm guaranteed to hear it. South England by the way.

Still, name another band with that kind of track record

i would rather not hear needlessly offensive words like "faggot" blurted at me while i'm enjoying my wind down time

t. white leather new balance owner

They haven't put an album out since 1991 and they're still 373 in the world on Spotify, which I would say is pretty impressive.

>i'll inthult his fashion thense, that'll show him!

ELO.
The band went from full blown early 70's prog rock to 80's pop rock in their heyday and every album they put out has at least a couple of great tracks on it.

>teleports behind you
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dd3btVhwr48
>Nothing personal kid

youtube.com/watch?v=1O-IdK78MnY

this was the 80s and Bowie's Berlin "Thin White Duke" look wasn't really very gay

my bet is either Boy George or Marc Almond

Black Nike, actually.

Faggot wasn't necessarily a homophobic slur, even back then. Could just mean effeminate or flamboyant

>Money for Nothing
>Wind down
>Being offended by the use of faggot in that context

Probably their weirdest album. The title track fucking jams though.
youtube.com/watch?v=G8dpYM7kr9M

THAT LITTLE FAGGOT WITH THE EARRING AND THE MINK COAT

Pic related actually

You sound like a whiny faggot. It's not an ICP song. He doesn't attack you with the word.

Kino song. What are some movies I can watch that evoke a similar mood/tone

>You think this was referring to David Bowie?
Could be literally any "hair metal" band of the mid-80s

I think it was meant to be intentionally vague to talk about any kind of glam rock in general, because the character in the song is an hick who doesn't realize that they're just building on trends that bands like the Rolling Stones had already established.

There's a music video in the video for this song.

I WANT MY

I think it's actually fictional and was cut together from other footage by the production team.

To be honest, it's not even my favorite song of that album. Personally I prefer Down to the Waterline
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5IwPNKS9IUg

ahh, I always wondered about that

The song is self-aware radio hit made to please studio executives. Therefore i'd say the film equivalent is Spring Breakers

Depeche Mode? I heard mixed things about their new album though.

I thought it was referring to The Police since Sting sings in the background

Indeed, it even is the same melody as "Don't Stand So Close To Me"

I WANT MY
DON'T STAND SO
I WANT MY
DON'T STAND SO
I WANT MY
DON'T STAND SO
M T V
CLOSE TO ME

Brothers in arms is my favorite Knopfkino

m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5JkHBC5lDs

I've heard this song for 20+ years and I never realized it says faggot.

They wouldn't include actual footage from another music video for obvious reasons

i guess whatever film is based on a rant someone heard and made it word for word into a film, if that's ever happened. because that is the exact origin of this song, look it up

>It's a song has better visuals than most movies episode

It's Telegraph Road for me.

here's the best music video

youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q

Um, no.
youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
The undisputed best music video of all time.