Canada officially renames ISIL and ISIS

news.nationalpost.com/news/saying-isil-is-neither-islamic-nor-a-state-canadian-government-to-start-calling-the-terror-group-daesh

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1oUIg0qknw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Saying ISIL is neither Islamic nor a state, Canadian government to start calling the terror group Daesh

The Liberal government will no longer refer to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and will instead call the terrorist group a different, potentially insulting name: Daesh.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale revealed the change in a report on terrorism released last month, saying ISIL is neither Islamic nor a state and that the report would instead use the group’s Arabic acronym.

Global Affairs Canada and the Department of National Defence also say they are adopting Daesh to refer to the group.

The decision continues a trend that has been sweeping through Western governments.

Thought you faggots would be all over this one.

Nobody gives a fuck what this fag does. He's a cunt.

If you rename your enemies, you win

>daesh
What did he mean by this?

No seriously, what does this word mean

Apparently ISIS hates being called daseh.
I'd just call them all goatfucking terrorists if it were up to me, honestly.

>le "insulting name" meme
It's just coincidence that the new name lacks "Islamic"

They don't give a shit. It's the same acronym in Arabic. People say it offends them because you can make two shitty puns with it.

What are these puns by chance?

Ya if you really want to get on their nerves just draw offensive pictures of Mohammed.

SPOILER ALERT: Everything that offends ISIS also offends the "moderates". Wow, what a fucking development

Honestly, I say do nothing. Shut down our borders from Islamic nations. If that doesn't work, we need to start video taping their gruesome deaths like they do. Threaten to kill and torture their families if they don't out their comrades. Execute/humiliate them with women, etc.
Fight fire with fire.

Reminder that the leader of ISIS has a PhD in Islamic theology.

daesh is just the acronym of al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq wa al-Sham(Islamic State of Iraq and Syria).
Also, it doesn't really offend them, they just prefer to use the full name.

Obama and Kerry already do it nobody cares that you're copying us.

I had to look them up but according to wikipedia they are.
>Daes (lit. "one who crushes, or tramples down, something underfoot") and Dāhis (loosely translated: "one who sows discord")
I don't think ISIS cares if someone wags their finger at them with wordplay. Maybe if they were funny because it sounded like the word for "taking a goat from behind in a carnal fashion" it would be worth using.

Trudeau bringing the top bantz.

Good point. Those could be interpreted as compliments. Especially since they are trying to crush the kuffar and sow discord in our lands.

who gives a shit what their name is?

Man what would western powers do without vague middle eastern terrorists to point to?

our tax dollars very hard at work

Ah yes, calling them Daesh will surely defeat the terrorists

Our media tried to force this daesh name some time before, but gave up because perhaps audience is too stupid to remember two names.

Goat fucking terrorist would terrorist would offend the rest of the non isis muslims

I'm sure it'll become the new "Undocumented Immigrant"

That means literally nothing

Islam is a religion of peace.

Let's rename Thursday too.. I mean, I don't want to offend the Asatru and Odinist communities.

This is stupid. It makes sense if one can prove that ISIS is not following their religious codes, but I doubt anyone can.

is it ever going to stop?

Yeah. Unfortunately all the expert wordsmiths who could be feeding us scathing banter, solid puns, and lightning zingers are busy writing Hillary speeches about racist internet frogs.

Yeah and I have a PhD in niggerology.

Just like calling radical Islamists, radical Islamic terrorists will make a difference, eh? :^)

Yeah, let's either call terrorists "sad people with rifles" and give them dotations so they could go and buy a goat

cuck kill yourself

why don't you make like a tree op and a get the fuck out of here

pointless since most canadians get their news from the states, everybody will just keep calling them isis

This is absolutely brutal. If Daesh can't remember their true name, they'll be trapped in the bathhouse forever.

According to people who have lived under ISIS' rule, uttering Daesh near militants puts you at risk of having your tongue cut out.

Daesh literally means the same thing in Arabic... so what's the point?

Reminder that "ISIS hates daesh" is a meme created by the left to get people to start calling them daesh in order to disassociate terrorism from Islam.

Reminder that IS (Islamic State) is the what you should be calling them because they are the endpoint of every Islamic doctrine state.

Daesh is what syrians & syrian army calls ISIS

They hate being called that.
its unislamic.

ISIS is so Islamically correct that they justify their actions by posting hadiths and jurisprudential opinions from multiple schools, none of which are Wahhabite.

>PhD
>in islamic theology

I got a PhD in pottery, lad.

>He's a cunt.
>sit down cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=y1oUIg0qknw

>They hate being called that.

I'm almost certain they don't give half a fuck what infidels think.

DAESH literally means ISIS in Arabic.

let's play: spot the faggot!

Seriously, burn in hell goatfucker.

Daesh means the Islamic State of Iraq and the levant
Dawlat al'Islamiya Eraq el Sham

>Canada
>Rename
It's what they're already called in Sandland

I'll believe it when I see it.

If that was real, I'd give them a pass the next time the shoot missiles in Japan's direction.

"Fight fire with fire"

Literally the epitome of a countereffective strategy.

It means that the guy leading the group is an expert on Islam. So by definition it is Islamic. Libs would have people believe that the guy leading the group is just an average joe that doesn't know anything about the religion, he is however an expert on it.

>expert on Islam
I'm an expert in pig shit. That still means fuck all.

IS threatened “to cut the tongue of anyone who publicly used the acronym Daesh, instead of referring to the group by its full name”

Yeah but to be fair they'll cut your tongue out for pretty much anything.

They'd probably cut your tongue out for using ISIS or ISIL as well. They just don't want to be acronymed.

Daesh literally means ISIS, or at least something very similar. The government is lying to your face when they're implying that "Daesh" does not convey "Islam" nor "state".

I expected nothing less from the government that changed our anthem's lyrics from "in all thy sons command" to "in all of us command".

Would take anything over "so-called Islamic State" that several UK broadcasters have somehow been made to use.

The government hates them saying that too.

To add and reiterate what other people have pointed out in this thread already, only to westerners does "Daesh" seem less Islam-like, since it doesn't have the exact letters of "Islam" in it. Daesh literally equals ISIS but face value is everything. Gerald Butts knows how to manipulate.

Can you imagine what they must think?

> What the fuck do we have to do to convince you western retards we are killing you in the name of Islam?

Goat fuckers can't catch a break.

>Nobody gives a fuck what this fag does. He's a cunt.

FRBR

Holy shit.

>HE'S GONNA PUT THEM BACK IN THE FUCKING FIELDS WHERE THEY BELONG!

Fucking awesome.

FRBR?

here's the real reason why they did it:

isis is from greek (western) folklore

it's 2016

This is why it's awesome, and why I don't get why people think it's dumb. The West is deciding for Muslims what Islam entails and excommunicating people on its own terms. This is what needs to happen.

JUST

this desu senpai
it's worldly renowned that your prime memester is a literally a living fucking meme and should never be taken seriously

>That daesh is an Arabic word in its own right (rather than an acronym) meaning 'a group of bigots who impose their will on others'

It's a propaganda move that recognizes that most of Islamic state's victims are muslim and hate their exact brand of Islam. You should at the very least appreciate the fact that the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

NIGGERS NIGGER knock tyrone dead cunt

The media (specifically Global) has been referring to ISIS as the ""so-called" Islamic State" for about 2 years now and that is just as cringy and embarrassing as this. What is happening to Canada? Why are we so cucked?

I thought they were still debating this? Did they actually succeed in changing our national anthem?

Why does Sup Forums think agreeing entirely with the most extreme of radical jihadists is the only correct uncucked approach?

This fucking guy

>ISIL is neither Islamic

Technically not yet but basically yes since there's no reason for the Senate to reject it (not that they ever do that anyway).

solving that problem!

Too much vodka and cyka blyatting

literally because ontario

Is it even possible to undo the cucking that Trudeau will do? How long until this globalist puppet is out?

SO CALLED ISLAMIC STATE
SO CALLED ISLAM
SO CALLED
SO

Calling them anything except Islamic State is the act of a cuck.

That's the name of the organization. The only reason to call them ISIS or whatever is to say "that's not what an islamic state is like! Islam is the religion of peace!"

Fuck, I wish IS was winning the war; if they'd been able to grab Syria and Iraq then people would have to take it seriously.

Of course he needs to legitimate himself some way.
He claims to be descent of Muhammad too.

Nah, they would cuck themselves even if they grab Germany and France.
Remember, #NotAllMuslims

Typical symbolic liberal shit that accomplishes nothing

it's sad that people aren't cracking down on muslim culture.
what we need is a HARD fucking ban on muslim hats and garb in the US. no more pussyfooting around and letting them DESTROY our fucking country. the burkas literally stand for "WOMEN ARE INFERIOR SLAVES WHO SHOULD BE KILLED IF THEY DON'T WEAR THEIR BURKA"

WE CAN'T FUCKING ENCOURAGE THAT SHIT IN THE US OR LET IT GO ABOUT UNNOTICED.