Is The X-Files really worth it?

i might give it a try

I don't know. Do you want to miss the best show that ever aired on tv ?

Season 1-7 are good. Then there's a quality dip, the newest season isn't very good.

fuck yeah it's worth it. this show is just so damn cozy.

watch the first five seasons then the movie, then watch the show slowly go down hill.

I watched a few episodes of this. It was okay but I got bored relatively quickly. I guess I'm just not into ghost/alien spoop stories; too boring and doesn't do anything for me. I still appreciate it though. I don't think it's bad.

Netflix removed it because they are cunts

I want scully to do that squat

with no pants on
peeing
in my mouth

It's a great show, but it's super 90s. There's a mix between an overall story arc and monster of the week episodes, but they're all pretty good.

Watch the X-Files movie "Fight the Future" after Season 5.

If you ever intend on watching a show called Millennium, keep in mind they did their final show as X-Files episode S07E07. Millennium is a mediocre show that takes place in the X-Files universe about an ex FBI agent that can see into the minds of criminals. The show was canceled and that X-Files episode has them to give the show closure. Not really that important.

fuck

nothing is for everybody, so despite the vast majority of people liking it, it still might not be your cup of tea. so go, check out an episode, and see what you think.

>that one episode when Mulder was suddenly black

today they wouldn't get away with this shit

It's a mixed bag. It took me two years to watch it. I only saw the first episode of the revival. The alien plot is mostly shit and lacks cohesion.

Gave after 4.5 seasons of Scully not believing anything.

Barely. The good episodes are really good, but the bad ones and the meh ones are just slog to go through. I'm stuck at season 6 and quality drop is already evident.
Seasons 2 and 3 were pretty good, season 1 and 4 was meh, season 5 is pretty bad with maybe 2 decent episodes.

A mixed barrel.

What the fuck is even on Netflix? How have they become successful when almost all of the original content and movie library are pure shit?

this guide was on-point

Yes but prepare to fall in love

>season 4 Kaddish
>watchable

This Jew Golem shit was so fucking boring

Why watch this when you can (pic related)?

Hello Buella.

Yeah, if you're watching it for the third time. You're first watch should include all episodes.

>it's a Mulder suddenly has a fear of fire and a nemezis who has fire superpowers
>it's never mentioned again
>thank God because the episode was fucking atrocious

>it's another 'Mulder meets with an informer scene'
>they're just passive-aggressive for 5 minutes to stretch the episode out and nothing changes by the end of the scene

>it's a mythos episode that retcons previous mythos episode that retconned the previous mythos episode that retconned the previous mythos episode that retconned the previous

>it's a contractually obligated shirtless Skinner scene

just got here...

Sup Forums when did the whole "mytholgy" meme start... like once the alien stuff was real world and now with "mythology" its just xfiles lore...

they talked about it in the lead up to the new series way too much

My favorite show, the comfiest of all.

Season 1-5 are prime, 6 is a big drop, 7 an even bigger dip still. The main plot stops making sense around the end of season 4, so you can stop paying attention to the mytharc episodes there. The MOTWs are still worth watching though.

no motw

Mythos is another word for lore. What's your point?

More worth it than that stupid piece of shit show Californication. Dropped that shit like an ugly baby after one episode.

There's still quite a few shows on Netflix. They remove a lot but you hardly notice because they have so fucking much.

How can you not like Californication

I remember the family shit was atrocious, but the rest is fun stuff for chilling. Should be watched during summer time, preferably 30+ degrees with a cold beverage at hand.

I was surprised when I realized the pyro was Mark Shepard.

Back in like 92 he was a literal who. Funny how that is.

Watch the movie after season 5 then stop.

First five seasons are good. Rest not so much.

MOTW episodes are the highlight.

is there a version of this picture where skully and moulder are wearing addidas pants and beanies? maybe also cigarettes in their mouths and vodka or beer bottles in their hands?

>no motw
S3E08

>ginger piss

I guess if you want freckles on your face

WAY too many sex scenes for my tastes and the women weren't even good looking. It's not like I have anything against sex but there's only so many times you can see a woman moving back and forth before it gets boring and I reached that number very quickly with that episode. I know it's called Californication but I like the RHCP song so I thought it would be good like that song, but not really. Also summers here go past 100 degrees so it's hard to chill in that weather.

Hm, haven't seen the new season, admittedly. Is it worth watching? I assumed it would be as bad as the X-Files revival and didn't pay any mind to it after that disappointment.

Speaking of Californication, that's still on Netflix.

Wot? A show about a rhcp song? Is flea in it?

X-Files s10 was a disaster.
Twin Peaks: The Return pushes the boundaries of tv and it's the best thing I've ever saw on the silver screen but admittedly it's not for everyone if you like David Lynch's work outside of Twin Peaks then you're gold. If your reaction to Lost Highway is 'what the fuck was this shit' you probably should stay away

>Also summers here go past 100 degrees so it's hard to chill in that weather.
Meant 30C degrees, not F. Anyway, if your summer is >37C, you're pretty much set. Best relaxation and chilling for me is the weather is hot and I'm sitting half-naked trying to cool myself.

this, but also the second x-files film, i want to believe. that's a solid 'episode' from my perspective. oh and also season ten's 'mulder and scully meet the were-monster'. that was novel and fun, like more of seasons 1 - 5. season 4 is best

Patrician

>X-Files s10 was a disaster
Not him, but I avoided the new season because it just didn't look good at all.

I guess as an episode "I Want to Believe" movie wouldn't be bad. But usually with a movie you expect more. As a movie it's fucking awful, as just another episode it's about normal.

all right, I'll check it out then for sure, thanks

Hell Money is legit my favorite episode. Literally every "that Asian" from the 90's is in it