I see a lot of excuses by artists to experiment with new ideas nowadays

I see a lot of excuses by artists to experiment with new ideas nowadays.

What if we made a comic where the protagonist was a Nazi? No bullshit or social commentary, he's just a Nazi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/821R0lGUL6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mastermen and Uber.

Like Captain America?

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency

Sounds like something Sup Forums would make

Garth Ennis already did it in one of his tank books.

The Life and Times of Rudolf von Stroheim.

Literally the only Nazi everyone loves.

There is no point to that.

Nazi vampire fighting through hell in the afterlife.

Also, no. Generally Nazis are antagonists for good reason. Antarctic press used to have a Luftwaffe series, but once Nazis started using force of arms to invade neighboring nations, depriving people of their rights and killing people, they became the eternal shitstains of history. Why not write a comic about Saddam Hussein being a protagonist while you're at it?

youtu.be/821R0lGUL6A

You might want to check out Adolf ni Tsugu.
The guy who did Astro Boy wrote a manga about day to day life of NAZIs

It's not impossible. Remember, the romans are now the good guys in today's society.

Romans won though.

Because ideologically it's difficult to sell a Nazi to anyone who isn't white. Like if he is an actual, practicing Nazi, then his beliefs will draw him into inevitable conflict with other people who may not have done anything morally questionable. It's not forbidden or impossible, it's just not very marketable.

Romans were the good guys then.

What's the point?

Almost any story that can be told with a Nazi protagonist can be told without Nazis. And the few that do require actual Nazis sort of need that 'social commentary' bullshit that you so dislike

Go back to Sup Forums

by the standard of killing the most people and taking their stuff for no reason besides naked avarice, sure

The US Enterteinment Industrial Complex is run by Jews,

"Death is my Trade" adaptation ?

>it's difficult to sell a Nazi to anyone who isn't white
Jews fear the samurai, black neonazis in Africa...

Protagonists don't have to be heroic though, there are plenty of fictional works where the main character is villainous. I don't see a problem with a story that has Saddam Hussein or a nazi as a protagonist.

Still, if you were to use a nazi protagonist, I don't think avoiding any social commentary at all would be a good idea. If you want to use a character who's part of a political movement but you can't address politics in the story, it would be a waste of the whole premise.

By the standard of bringing aqueducts, roads, learning, sanitation, irrigation, and military security. Most of their territories remained pretty much autonomous as well.

You'd make a lot of people mad and probably have a bunch of self righteous online movements dedicated to silencing you.

This.

Nazi without social commentary is just some upset white dude about to get his shit pushed in by the allies. I mean what would his thing be? Almost getting everything done only to screw it all up in the end costing him more then he put in to begin with?

I forgot the japs have a weird affection for Nazis. At any rate, you could very easily have an interesting Nazi drama set in the mid or even late 30s with a protagonist who was gung ho about the Nazism thing. It wouldn't even be really hard to make him likable.

Sounds like a shit idea. You already make a comment with no comment.

What if it's just about a guy trying to do his job? Maybe deal with the fact that he's generally a good person, but not entirely aware of what his army is doing, or maybe he's forced to partake in bad things but internally justifies it to himself as it being okay because it's war time and he's protecting his family? Though I'm pretty sure that counts as social commentary.

Not all NAZIs were fanatical about the NAZI ideology or aware of their government's crimes. A character like that would work.

Seems like what a Sup Forumscuck would want.

>Why not write a comic about Saddam Hussein being a protagonist while you're at it?
You do realize that if you set your comics in the 2000s, then Saddam Hussein would just be a protagonist seeing his country invaded. The USA would be the antagonist, you know, using force of arms to invade neighboring nations.

If you don't want any social commentary, what's the point of having him be a nazi in the first place?

I mean, if your main character is defined by his politics you should actually go into his politics.

That's not what OP wants. He doesn't want a Wehrmact soldier, he wants a Nazi. Someone who believes in the idea. It's not really challenging to make a soldier likable or relatable.

They still conquered those territories by force, making other nations obey them.

You're right about the last part since Op said no social commentary. The drama vanishes.

You can't even justify protecting your family in a war you helped start. You're the aggressor

And not all African Americans are bad people

>You can't even justify protecting your family in a war you helped start. You're the aggressor

What if it's framed in such a way as it being a preemptive strike? With the previous war as justification? "We have to strike first or they'll finish wiping us out like they almost did in WW1" sort of deal.

Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in the 90'w, which is why we had him bottled up to begin with. He was still a motherfucker in the 2000's he just didn't do nuffins when it came to what he was accused of concerning wmd.

So? The Romans wanted more land and resources and had the power to take them. Compared to their contemporaries, being conquered by the Romans was the best thing that could happen. If you just surrender, they don't kill you, you more or less keep your lifestyle completely intact, and they agree to protect you in exchange for military conscription in war and levying taxes. You were a hell of a lot safer under their rule.

>By the standard of bringing aqueducts, roads, learning, sanitation, irrigation
Those things didn't increase living standards from the baseline. They only alleviated some of the problems that sprawling Roman urbanization caused. Historians generally agree that living standards in places dropped after Roman conquests.

>Most of their territories remained pretty much autonomous as well.
Autonomous in the sense that the Roman governors could do whatever the fuck they liked and the central government cared sweet fuck all about reigning them in. They weren't autonomous in the modern self-determination sense.

That's not how WWII started though. The best you can do while making it historically accurate is depicting the reparations Germany had to pay after WWI turning it into a shithole where fanatics could take over.

Because that's terribly revisionist and didn't happen.

If you can have stories with Hitler as your main character, I'm sure it's possible to make any random nazi work too.
The only problem is OP's pretty stupid limitation about not discussing politics when you've got a main character who feels passionately about politics.

It's already been done in literature: The Kindly Ones by Jonathan Littell.
Of course, there's a social commentary. The protagonist's a nazi but when a novelist decribes a specific age and the relationships of his characters, he can't substract social commentary, it's a part of it.

>Historians generally agree that living standards in places dropped after Roman conquests.

Do you have any proof of this?

Judge Dredd is about the closest to being a likeable nazi as you can get

It's called the dark ages for a reason

I'm going to assume you made a mistake here and are not actually saying that the Imperial rule from 0-200 AD was the Dark Ages.

Cause Edison didn't invent the kerosene lamp yet, I know

>More than 2 weeks after the election
>Sup Forums and other libtard board is still buttsour about Sup Forums

AHAHAHAHA

But seriously though the replies itt is embarassing for Sup Forums. Company of Heroes, a popular fucking WW2 video game have already made a full fledged campaign about Nazis being human and I don't remember any backlash and criticism from that. It's pretty fun too.

I didn't say he was a good guy. But in the 2003 Irak war, he's not the agressor thus he can be a protagonist seeing his country being invaded. I'm sure the readers would sympathize with him even though he's a motherfucker. Kind of a dangerous idea.

I misread it as occupation, as after the romans things went back to shit for a while

Company of what? Nobody has heard of that game. You even admit nobody talked about it

>what is propanganda

Don't jews make fun of themselves all the time?

It's called Christianity, ignorance in progression and belief in lies

>Don't jews make fun of themselves all the time?

Maybe on whatever planet you're living on, but not here on Earth.

I guess a couple of anons were butthurt, but it doesn't seem too general just make one those posts that doesnt directly reply to anyone in particular

Family guy alone seems to do it a lot

Schindler's list as a comic book could work, but I feel the movie is the best version of it.

Sup Forumscucks in this thread will forget that Oskar Schindler was a dues paying Nazi.

Guys, can we focus on nazi protagonists in comics and cartoons, please? I don't give a fuck about your RL political opinions.

I believe a department of government in the nazi regime. They at least had a minster for it

I hope you're not American otherwise, all the talks about land of the free and freedom above all feel really empty.

>No bullshit or social commentary, he's just a Nazi.

Making the protag a Nazi IS social commentary.

But way to be generically edgy, OP. Maybe you should also do a show about a talking butt! That'll piss off the normies!

Americans conquered the continent from coast to coast you retard. They are no stranger to acquisition by force. No nation that has ever existed is.

They did.

>show about a talking butt!

STFU Assy McGee was a good show.

>No bullshit or social commentary, he's just a Nazi
its evidently yu are trying to get some reaction, obviously, don't be retarded. make a hate thread about CW or kevin smith, then im on board.

you obviously haven't read any X-Men comics in 30 years

No, it was in War Stories. "Johann's Tiger," about a Nazi tank commander trying to get his crew to the Americans before the Russians could catch up to them.

>Grant Morrison.

I can't give you any book citations right now, but you can google "Roman living standards" as well as I can.

The WW2.2-series had a number of books featuring Nazis, Communists and Anarchists as main characters.

>Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in the 90'w, which is why we had him bottled up to begin with.

More like because he refused to pay his interest rates.

>But in the 2003 Irak war, he's not the agressor thus he can be a protagonist seeing his country being invaded.

You could at least tell the story through the eyes of one of his many doubles.

That book was shit, though.
It sold solely on the topic.

A TALKING WHAT?

>They weren't autonomous in the modern self-determination sense.

From what I recall, Senators generally didn't touch local courts or bureaucracies or existing international treaties as long as the dosh kept rolling in.

You couldn't get away without joining the party during the war, though.
It was very much conformity or death if you were in any way important.

You specifically stated that "living standards in places dropped after Roman conquests". In that case, I'm almost certain that there is no literature whatsoever to support this claim, and a lot of evidence to reject it. Hell, focusing on Judea, Rome ended the longstanding conflict with the Parthians and installed Herod as the client king, which drastically improved the lives of everyone in the province due to his rule.

>All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Very few German people were due paying members of the Nazi party.

Tell this to Asterix.

Wrong time period, and outdated innacurate term.

He's correct. The Romans anti-science fundie'd even harder than the theoretic gay children of Bush and the House of Saud.

There are quite a bunch of franco-belgian comics like that, most of them are alternate history ones though.

There was also that recent "look who's back" book/movie that had Hitler teleported into 2010. I need to watch it some time...

He also did it in his enemy ace book.

There was even that British sitcom called Heil honey I'm home.

Is Uber actually good? I haven't liked a lot of Gillen's stuff.

>Why not write a comic about Saddam Hussein being a protagonist while you're at it?
Because his little corner of the world got soooooo much better once he was gone, right?
He was a cunt, but was a necessary cunt.

Point is he marched on another country and that's what's most remembered.

>You could at least tell the story through the eyes of one of his many doubles.

That's sort of the plot to devil's double. Tho it was one of his sons body doubles

>OMG YOU GUYS I'M JUST SO, LIKE, SO ORIGINAL AND DARK. LIKE, WHAT IF A COMIC ABOUT A NAZI, OKAY? NO SOCIAL COMMENTARY, EVEN THOUGH NAZIS ARE A POLITICAL PARTY SO EVEN MENTIONING THEM AT ALL IS SOCIAL COMMENTARY.

>Oh oh oh, or maybe like, what if we did a comic where the BAD GUYS WIN, like, maybe Shredder CUTS THE NINJA TURTLES HEADS OFF, yeah, or maybe an episode of The Simpsons where Bart poisons everyone and then eats them, man I'm so original and clever.

>Also, why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker

I agree with you, man, but come on. Have some dignity about it.

Well they sure as hell didn't invent sarcasm.
That was the Vikings. Allegedly

America doesn't like to see itself as the bad guy. Ever.

Even in Battlefield 1 where there weren't any Nazis and everyone was just soldiers who's commanders didn't care about them and the moral of the story was that we're all human and war is bad, you never fight on the "bad guys" side.

There were no "nations" at that period in time. The "conquering" waged by the Romans was rarely actual conquering, but rather colonisation and an astonishingly fortunate string of inheritances and incorporation of various vassals and tributaries.

>Cause Edison didn't steal the kerosene lamp yet, I know
ftfy

Except in Fallout, apparently.

Aren't they, deep down, corporate bitches?

Nigga, like 10% of German were part of the Nazi party even at its peak, hell, the vast majority of the Wehrmacht weren't even Nazi's.

No, Vault-tec was their bitch. The American president is literally the villain of Fallout 2 and 3, and the US government is responsible for nearly every aspect of the setting: nuclear war, human experimentation in the vaults, transhuman FEV weapons, etc.

Then I misremember some things.
They have good armor, though.
Even better when you loot it.

>America doesn't like to see itself as the bad guy. Ever.

Counterpoint: Vietnam movies.