(((Amy Schumer's))) Book Only Sells 36,000 Copies In First Week

foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/09/04/amy-schumers-book-sales-disappoint-first-weeks-on-shelves.html

So (((Schumer's))) new book, in which the publisher Simon & Schuster paid over $9 million to her to pen it, only managed to sell a meager 36,000 copies in its first week. The book is also getting slammed with negative reviews all over Amazon, calling it "An unfunny mess that lacks any real thought or feelings behind it."

But then wait there's more. Apparently Simon & Schuster is now saying that 170,000 copies were sold and that the book was "a huge success." So it sounds like the publisher is desperately trying to spin the numbers so it looks like the book did well.

Good fuck her

>paying someone to write a book

isn't this backwards?

This is just like with Ghostbusters. I hope this bitch goes bankrupt.

>you'll never have rough sex with pre-Hollywood famous Amy

Thank God.

So sad, /pol is lying again to advance it's pathetic white cis male agenda.

To wit: she sold 36k in hardcover AND 170k "across formats", meaning ebooks, etc.

Also, the negative reviews are in contrast with professional reviews. OP's link states "While critics liked the book, Internet trolls flooded Amazon with one-star reviews".

So no, the book was not poorly reviewed (trolls don't count) nor did the publisher lie about the sales figures.

OP is a faggot

/thread

Icelander here

Is she really considered attractive by Americans?

It's already at 40% off on book shelves here. You mean they just started selling it? lol

>professional reviews
you forgot the ((()))

>is she attractive to X
She's unattractive to all demographics, she's just being forced down our throats

No. Her entire shtick is "Fat slutty chick". Unless somebody else makes those same jokes about her. Then they are sexist fat-shaming assholes.

No. This is a case of the media telling the public what they like.

what a surprise no one wants t hear what some fat Jew slag has to say

kanye west is unintentionally amusing

No. Only brain dead liberals and millennials think she's hilarious. She's pretty much the new Dane Cook

Why do I have a feeling Apple or Samsung bought copies in these other formats and have been slipping them onto people's phones?

>Fat slutty chick
Slutty with whom?

>that butterface

Thanks for Correcting The Record!

Also those numbers are still fucking bad when you compare it to say Tiny Fey's Biography, which to date has sold over 2.5 million copies

t. cuck kowtow

I had never heard of Amy Schumer before, like, this summer. Now fucking everywhere won't shut up about her.

I've never even seen her shit, and I find myself hating her just because the media seems hellbent on making her artificially relevant. Like Lena Dunham.

Do you know anything about writing? 36,000 is more than most books sell ever, not just in the first week.

>In b4 someone cites some multi-billion dollar book as if that's comparable to the average book

Guys with no standards.

>trolls wrote negative reviews
So only trolls don't like things now?

>you are now imagining schumer and dunham scissoring
>you can now taste the smell in your mouth

I'm voting Hillary and even I can't stand Amy Schumer. I hope everything she attempts is a failure.

I must be getting old since I don't know who 99% of these celebrities are anymore.

If you divide 2.5 million by the number of weeks it has been out for, it's sold less than 10,000 copies per week. So Amy's book is selling at 4x the rate.

I don't have to imagine it. It's really happening. I can smell it all the way to Canada.

misogynists just can't handle a women writing a book.
quick make a twitter hashtag

>(((Simon & Schuster)))

ftfy OP

>butterface
that means "everything but her face"

Every inch of her is ugly, though.

Since CTR isn't good at math or anything else, I'll do this for you:

(((Schumer's))) book costs $14.99. She "supposedly" sold 170K according to the publishers. Now when you multiply that all together, you would only get a profit of $2,550,000. That is still a massive bomb for the publisher who spent $9 million to make it happen. The only way they can break even or even make a profit is if the book somehow sells over 650,000. Meaning, based on what the sales are looking like so far, is almost next to impossible.

When you put in all that money, and you end up not making anything off of it, and that's not even adding in the marketing, its a massive lost

>when you compare it to say Tiny Fey's Biography

/pol strikes again with more false analogies.

Sales of Schumers book, five days old, is a failure compared to Fey's which has a FIVE YEAR headstart.

Never change /pol.

And if you see she would have to sell a huge amount of books to even break even. The only possibly way for this book to be a "success" is if the book sells over at least 1,000,000 copies. And again that's not even factoring in the marketing and promoting

You do realize books aren't supposed to make all of their money in a single week, like movies right?

And again, at the rate the book is selling, there is no possible way its going to sell anywhere near 1,000,000 copies. The publishing company and her will be lucky if it even gets to break even. That is the best case scenario for them

>>you'll never share an incurable STD with pre-Hollywood famous Amy

i'm okay with this

>While critics liked the book, Internet trolls flooded Amazon with one-star reviews, which angered Schumer so much that she canceled some promotional appearances.
>“How thin-skinned she is to get upset over reviews by haters who probably didn’t even read the book,” the insider said. “For $9 million, she should do whatever [the publishers] ask her.”

Internet trolls win again. Why does Schumer make it so easy?

Looks like a linebacker

What do you mean? It's selling 170,000 books/5 days = 34,000 per day.

At that rate, it will reach a million by the end of this month. Even if its sales drop to a fraction, it will sell a million by the end of the year.

Jesus, that face is just so fucking ugly. Gross.

anyone else jealous of her chin? i imagine a goatee would look great with that chin

This.

Is she ollywood's most promoted literally who?

>You too can leap onto the AMY brand that basically paid it's way for blog/news/PR mentions for its show and snowballed into a cavalcade of glossy pseudo girl-power comedian nonsense. As soon as that PR-push ended, the show and brand has fallen like Amy's pants in the front seat of a New York City cab. Comedy fans know when something stinks; and it wasn't the cab driver or his finger. It was/is the constant public relations push of a female comedian to be a media/press darling far over the quality of her work.

> the show and brand has fallen like Amy's pants in the front seat of a New York City cab
> Comedy fans know when something stinks; and it wasn't the cab driver or his finger.

The reviews are funnier than the book.

>But then wait there's more. Apparently Simon & Schuster is now saying that 170,000 copies were sold and that the book was "a huge success." So it sounds like the publisher is desperately trying to spin the numbers so it looks like the book did well.

Its Ghostbusters all over again.

Failed but they are hailing it as a success because "We sure did show those right wingers"

OUT OF TOUCH. How long till these people are hanging from lamp posts?

>Company was founded by (((Richard L. Simon)))
>Current President and CEO is (((Carolyn K. Reidy)))
>Their parent company is CBS, who's president and CEO is (((Leslie Moonves)))
>CBS's majority shareholder is (((Sumner Redstone)))
This isn't even funny anymore

where do you guys find info on book sales? im curious if motley crue's "the dirt" autobiography outperformed this >woman

I am perfectly okay with that

JUST

hahaha! show those kikes man by voting for Trump this November! Maga!

Right now, absolutely. At first it was Kegan and Peele, who were hilarious when they were on Mad TV, but got "popular" on their own show because they constantly praised Obama and mocked anyone against him. Kevin Hart is also another one like Schumer, though he's nowhere near as retarded as Schumer is. He's basically another Katt Williams.

Also keep this is mind: Dane Cook was the "it" guy in Hollywood at one point to, and now look at where he is at. Comedians like this are disposable unless you're Jim Carrey and Robin Williams

It can't be soon enough, my man

How did she even get famous again?

all the sjw media is failing now, feels good

Jewish nepotism

She's not funny and will
End up on (((Comedy))) Central

Trump is playing the game, don't be mad hitler was too short sighted

Well she was on the roasts of Charlie Sheen and Rosanne Barr. But its mostly to do with that 2012 special she had on (((Comedy))) Central called Mostly Sex Stuff.

Somehow people fucking thought it was hilarious and the next thing you know the network is giving Amy her very own TV show.

Who the fuck is paying you to write this bullshit. Canadians every fucking time I swear to fucking god... I hope Sup Forums finally steps in and IP-blocks all posters from that shithole.

Rough sex with a pig in the mud?

I'll take it.

>At first it was Kegan and Peele, who were hilarious when they were on Mad TV, but got "popular" on their own show because they constantly praised Obama and mocked anyone against him.

stopped there

Key and Peele is hilarious

Can you read, Jethro? $9 million. She's not going bankrupt any time soon.

I don't even like her. You're just being an asshole

I never knew how happy one could be after realizing I would never have to

Also Comedy Central, save for shows on right now like South Park, @midnight and Review are all fucking awful.

Fuck I miss the days of Drawn Together, Chappelle Show, The Man Show, Ugly Americans, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Reno 911!

Wow you sure got me! Thanks for Correcting The Record™

>who spent $9 million

i dont think that is typical advance money for a cable tv personality. Tao lin said he got 60k$ advance for tai pai, and I would belive amy got more, but 20x more seems high.

Another Period is pretty good too.

>Apparently Simon & Schuster is now saying that 170,000 copies were sold and that the book was "a huge

There are approximately 120,000 public libraries in the US. The majority of them bought at least one copy.

Tao Lin isn't Amy Schumer. She's unfortunately massively popular right now with feminists and cucks, so its no wonder the publishers were willing to throw all that money at her.

to be fair, they make fun of black culture a shit ton as well.
you kinda have to have grown up in that shit to find it funny though. Otherwise it just looks like 'nigga gansta shit'.

You guys have to understand. As all of us in this country progress, WE ARE going to figure out how to get along better(as bumpy as it seems sometimes). It's this plain out lying to boost popularity, image, and in turn sales that is driving us apart so well.

Don't get me wrong. Fuck the ghetto and the trash that perpetuate 'black culture', shit's toxic. But I like to think that most of us would be able to at least sit down and discuss problems, both perceived and real if it wasn't for bullshit like feminism and blm. Oh as the ass faggots that push them to further their goals.

Holy fuck man. Feminism is one hell of a drug.

Thanks for Correct The Record

>@midnight
Last I saw it seemed to be getting a little preachy. I just stopped watching it since I usually just leave the TV on and I always forget to change off crime dramas and I didn't want to contribute to the niggly show and trevor noah.

Sometimes the roasts end up alright, but this last one with Rob Lowe was like %50 shitting on Ann Coulter. Not even decent jokes either. There's a difference between roasting and attacking someone to make sure they know they do not belong.

Haven't seen much of that but it seemed pretty good.
>the one episode where the one sister fights against women's suffrage

Race relations were never an issue during George W. Bush's administration. It was only when Obama became president that all of this reared its ugly head, and it didn't help matters that he seemed to be in support of all the riots and protests.

Obama fueled all of this. He fueled BLM, he fueled the Baltimore Riots, he fueled the Ferguson Riots, and now he's fueling Kaepernick's pathetic protest by refusing to condemn him for what he did outright.

Blacks thought that, because Obama was now president, they could finally start bringing all their problems out and shove them on everyone since a "Brotha" like Obama would understand them. Seriously race relations are literally at an all time low now thanks to BLM and the SJW's. The University of Missouri, where all those BLM protests went down over that fake racist attack, lost over 23% of its entire freshman class. Not only that, but from what I have heard from people attending the college, its literally like the 1950s now. Meaning whites are and blacks are completely segregated from each other and only hang out with their own race.

heh

Should still be some room left.

No, writing a book is hard work

naw, they pay famous people to do it pretty often. fresh authors will never get that treatment though.

>"An unfunny mess that lacks any real thought or feelings behind it."

Coincidentally this also describes Schumer herself. Sluts don't have feelings.

Implying her fans are literate

Why would we want to?

Coulter apparently thinks Comedy Central actually edited out the laughs at her jokes, and you could tell they were edited to.

But then you got Mike Lawrence, the writer for the Roast, claiming that Coulter rejected all the jokes he wrote for her.

looks to be doing ok on 'zon

Kanye is so fucking good

I think the general trend is that they become fat before they become a feminist.

pretty girls generally have no need for it

Most comedians that focus on sex jokes and only sex jokes are like that. When your entire shtick is relying on how many times you can mention the words penis, vagina, orgy and bukkake, you know you have failed as a comedian. Surprisingly enough, its mostly the female comedians who rely heavily on sex jokes. Male ones know how to mix them up

Who are the 36000 people who would want this fat whores book?

surely there are 36k other fat whores in america

It shouldn't have sold 36 copies.

You should have seen the page earlier with all the negative reviews it was getting. Amazon deleted almost all of them, thus boosting the score so it looks good.

Progressives, SJW's, Feminists and Nu-Males mostly

Is Aug 16 the day the book was released?
I really hope it was not released on my birthday, that's like shitting in my mouth and telling me it's chocolate cake

I hope you're hungry, because there's plenty more cake left over.