New Batman Arkham Game Possibly In Development

Work In Progress Footage Shown In New Videos

wccftech.com/new-batman-arkham-game-might-development-rumor/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3YUnsCz4&ab_channel=misterbigmouth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't wait to play another game with the joker as the villain and one button combat

But there were multiple combat buttons user. Stop being a faggort.

I just can't bring myself to care. I'm fucking done.

>and one button combat

I didn't know the Batman games were shooter games.

WB Montreal actually made the Boss fights interesting in Arkham Origins, I think the combat have always been good, I played the challenge combats of Asylum over and over again,

>Wb montreal

So it's going to have great characterization but absolutely forgettable gameplay. On the other hand how could they possibly get worse than Arkham Knight?

My only concern is that WB wants to push Damian in this game.

They should just do a Flash or Superman game already. How many times can they do Batman while continuing to to one up themselves?

>You think? What the hell can they do next? Arkham County? Arkham Country? Big-ass Arkham World?

Let's be honest, I don't think a good Superman game is in the cards at this point. The franchise seems kinda cursed.

Arkham Knight had good parts, just... not a great whole.

Damian as Batman when?

I sort expectes a JLA game but I think the Arkham formula still can be refined:

>Boss fights for real
>actually living world
>free roam with Batfamily characters
>the dynamic of shadow of mordor for thugs hierarchy.

I think it's impossible to do a good Superman game

Superman is the perfect character for an open world game like Arkham. If they were going to expand the environment from "Arkham City" to "Arkham World" it'd be ideal to go for a character with either super speed or flight. That's far more interesting than hopping into the Batmobile to travel across state lines, and the entire point of a sandbox game like this is freedom. At this point they have Batman flying around with glide upgrades and using x-ray vision in Detective Mode; they made a Batman game more appealing by moving him towards Superman.

Last game I played was City. I remember all the bitching about Knight on PC back when that was release, is it still a mess? What about Origins?

They don't have to one up themselves, most people will buy it just cause it has "Batman" and "Arkham" in the name now.

I disagree. Batman still has to actually fight people, something a Superman game can't do without massive leaps in logic or story crutches, and open world games rarely have big enough territories to necessitate "state lines".

Look, if what you want is Saints Row 4: Flying Edition, okay. But you can't possibly expect them to keep a dark, serious tone when the player character is immune to bullets and can effortlessly reduce a city block to rubble.

Let me free roam as Catwoman again you fucks

Just give the normal human enemies scifi guns, there is plenty of shit in DC that can hurt Supes. Plus the Superman in the game does not have to have a fucking Silver Age or DC One Million power level.

I liked Origins a bit more than City, personally, but many people here won't agree.

Lego Batman 2

>I disagree. Batman still has to actually fight people, something a Superman game can't do without massive leaps in logic or story crutches

Sure they can, and the enemies would be more varied as well since Superman can fight aliens: Brainiac, Mongul, parademons, even Intergang members with alien tech, instead of just some variety of thug. When Arkham wanted to mix things up a bit they brought in Solomon Grundy, a character who's generally closer to Superman's power level than to Batman's.

>Implying a Batman #666 game wouldn't be amazing

I'm mainly asking how well each game runs on PC. I've already been spoiled on the story and shit so no reason to worry about that. Hell, I was spoiled on both Asylum and City and I still enjoyed both pretty well.

Knight runs fine now

If you have to massively tone down a character for them to make sense in the game, maybe they shouldn't be there to begin with.

As a boss, yeah.

But the suggestion here is that Superman would work better in an open-world game, and I just can't see that kind of game being fun when the player character can fly and has no obstacles between points A and B.

I don't know if I'll support them again after all the problems I have with Knight

>do the Catwoman missions in Knight thinking I'll get to roam as her at the end
>there's just a stupid mecha bossfight and that's it

Bastards.

I'm bored of Batman. Can't they give another street level hero a game? A Green Arrow or Black Canary game could be cool.

Batman makes way more money. From a publisher standpoint, why invest resources into a AAA game that might make less?

I hope we get batplane combat this time around.

>no obstacles between points A and B
Only the bossess were really an obstacle in Arkham. Parademons, Lex-bots, Starro Spawn, mutated humans, and Intergang members aren't boss material but they'd still be feasible as a small threat, on the level of the Arkham's gang members.

>when the player character can fly
That's exactly why it'd be fun.

But you could just fly over all of them.

Games with limitless flight are waaaay harder to design than people realize, which is one of the reasons that despite 10+ major games we've never had a single decent Superman title.

LEGO did it best by 1) not giving a fuck and 2) making it goofy as all hell.

>But you could just fly over all of them

Every enemy listed there can fly as well.

I'd welcome a Superman:The Early Years game or some shit, where he can only leap tall buildings in a single bound and run faster than a speeding locomotive, with the running requiring him to push himself and the leaping not being useful for most of the time. But then I've always preferred jumping Superman to flying Superman. Maybe tweak the presentation of the fight system, so instead of breaking bones as Batman you're shown to deal with enemies in different ways to PREVENT breaking their bones. Like, you can punch heavily armoured roided guys and superstrong aliens, but need to handle the skinny guy with a gun more carefully to not kill him and stop him from killing his hostage.

Or just go easy-mode and de-power Supes at the start, with him gaining his powers back as the game goes on because of sun-exposure recharging him and the bad guys having capitalised on his absence to invade Earth, to explain why there's lots of heavyhitters around by the time he's gotten most of his abilities back.

I... would actually definitely play that. I think they limit themselves a lot by being afraid of making an Arkham game in an actually living city.

We will never get Superman-style Zone of the Enders.

AAA game development is so publisher-mandated that the large amount of money and effort required would never be allocated to an IP that has yielded nothing but abject failure in the past. I'm not disputed that it sounds like a cool idea and would love to play it, just that I can't see it ever happening.

I don't think they're "afraid" so much as have real-world time, money, and bug-testing constraints.

Why stop at street level?

I always thought a Flash game is much more feasible than GL or Superman game.

youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3YUnsCz4&ab_channel=misterbigmouth

They already have a popular brand and made a name for themselves, so I think a game with other superhero, at least a one who isn't a complete "literally who?" for most people. would sell well. Green arrow game could definitely be cool. Or at least Nightwing or Batgirl if you don't want to drop the Bat-family entirely.

>Bludhaven: Origins is outsold by its standalone Bludhaven: Enter the Batman Edition

You can add:

>Real detective work
>no overpowered "detective vision"
>Batplane
>Batmotorcyle and other vehicles
>Catwoman is a thief so she can steal cars, bikes and other vehicles.
>Catwoman missions are about stealing valuable stuff around Gotham and she can free roam.
>Cass Cain please please please

Aaaand:
>No Damian!

>Batman still has to actually fight people, something a Superman game can't do without massive leaps in logic or story crutches

"Welcome to Toyman's TOY WORLD!"

I'd love a Booster Gold game though, or Blue Beetle, Steel, etc. Now that I think of it, Wonder Woman and Aquaman could make for some pretty good games. Wonder Woman with mythological enemies and Aquaman with his huge ocean and underwater monsters. Maybe if their movies are successful people might try to make video games out of them.

I give up.

Arkham Planet. Arkham Galaxy. Arkham Universe. Arkham Multiverse. Joker is the main villain in every game even though he died already.

For Superman, get Mister Mxyzptlk (or Batmite if you want to keep it Batman) and have the game be very meta with the restrictions of his powers. The character transports him into a video game and to use certain powers before unlocking them is cheating or simply not fun.

>Brainiac, Mongul, parademons, even Intergang members with alien tech
None of them have Superman's speed, who can travel galaxy wide distances in seconds. And only parademons can fly. Superman is over powered, the fucking villains shouldn't be the underdog.

>the fucking villains shouldn't be the underdog.

Why not? It certainly worked in the Batman games.

Good, I like the characterization best.

>– some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)
>poison Ivy
Shes dead though

Brainiac should actually be the end game boss that can't be defeated through simple brute strength. Convergence and the later portion of the DCAU presented him as becoming a multiversal threat after assimilating tech, one or even multiple tiers above Superman. Previous pic had parademons catching up with and capturing Superman. Even monsters of the week have beaten Superman in speed to tag him.

In Origins, at least, the fact that Team Joker had multiple assassins on Batman's level did make Batman the underdog. I'd also say that he counts as such against the Hugo Strange conspiracy in City and the Arkham Knight's army in Knight.

They really should let this series die

I actually liked Knight

Seeds and flowers, son.

She won't be after I'm done with WB Montreal Studios & Rocksteady

I want a Brave and the Bold game. Where both Batman and Green Arrow are playable, something like that.

Supes just needs to use his super speed and heat vision and he can effortlessly destroy an entire army of parademons in seconds. Happened in the Injustice comic.

as long as it's not another 65% tank episode

>but need to handle the skinny guy with a gun more carefully to not kill him and stop him from killing his hostage.
So, you get a game over if you're too rough with the enemies? That sounds like TONS of fun.

I'm super down with it, as long as they learn their lesson to stop it with the fucking overuse of the Batmobile. It says a lot that the most enjoyment I got out of it was during late game, when I had gotten rid of all the tanks and just was able to zoom around the city, going from island to island while chasing down random thugs. Stop it with the tank bullshit and just give me more of that, along with DLC batmobiles I can actually fucking use in the main game, not just bullshit race tracks.

Also, prequel game please that focuses on Robin's introduction and has you able to switch between characters while also working it into combat. The Robin/Nightwing segments were easily some of the best parts of Arkham Knight. Hell, why stick to Robin, throw in Catwoman there too.

Maybe also have Harvey Dent as a supporting character who becomes Two-Face at the end. Yeah it's done by death by now but Two-Face is such a joke in the Arkham games, and his dialogue in AK showed that there is something they can actually do with it.

They should do a Birds of Prey game
Play as a sexy female while Batman just shows up now and then to help and move the plot along.

Rocksteady still owes me a Sirens DLC, so I seriously hope that whoever is developing this is able to deliver on that... And an actual friendship between Harley and Ivy

Batman, Green Arrow, Suicide Squad, Superman,
Green Lantern, Justice League, Teen Titans.

What other DC properties could be made into games?

Gameplay-wise it'd be just the same as the Batman games. Except instead of pressing two buttons to make a special takedown against the special enemy that's too strong for your regular punches you'd use a special takedown against the special enemy that's too weak for your regular punches. All that would change would be the combat animations and how some of the interactions work. Like instead of dodging gunfire until you can grab the gun it would be a matter of intercepting gunfire so it doesn't hit someone else until you can grab the gun, or later melt it with your unlocked heat-vision like Batman grabbed guns with his the claw thing.

works for me

You know that superman does has control of how much power he uses? And technically he could solve any hostage or firearms situation without causalities just by using super-speed?

How come a fucking weeb Gary Stu like Dante can have good games that adequately convey his powerlevel without making him too invincible for the game to be boring, yet Superman can't?

So you want the games to sell less?

Dante doesn't fly, doesn't have super senses where he can be aware of everything happening on earth, is fast but not space travel fast, and is strong but not planet busting strong. He's easier to make games for. Dante is fucking strong but he's not even close to Superman and Dante uses equipment where Superman just uses his bare hands and heat beams.

Superman is overpowered. He can be a fun character in the realm of comics but he just doesn't work with video games.

It's fucking easy to come up with an explanation for why Superman is temporarily weaker and "unlocks" new skills as the game progresses, from Kryptonite exposure to just having had to expend a lot of energy saving the world at the start or some other shit that's been used again and again in various Superman stories.

Stop thinking in the typical "Superman is boring and shit because he's too OP and can defeat anyone immediately wah wah" autism way.

Not him, but why would it? I think both fans and casuals would go crazy about all these features, except perhaps the lack of detective vision.

Who says he cant? The losers on Sup Forums and Sup Forums can't think of a way because they're NEETs living off Mommy's tendies, but if someone actually competent and creative wanted to try there's no reason they couldn't.

Part of the reason is that the idiots on here can't handle the idea that a vidya Supes would obviously not be the same as comic Supes but nor would he be Arkham Bats. He's not going to fight thugs with guns he's going to fight ayylmaos. He's going to have a health bar.

>Dante doesn't fly, doesn't have super senses where he can be aware of everything happening on earth, is fast but not space travel fast, and is strong but not planet busting strong.
>Retards think you have to have Supes be Silver Age tier
We went through 4 games without Batman doing anything Detective like, I think Superfags could handle seeing their guy nerfed to more manageable levels. Arkham Batman wasn't Batgod but I don't see you complaining.

>Arkham Batman wasn't Batgod
HAHAHAHAHA
Why are people pretending Arkham Batman wasn't the most untouchable, artificially "cool and badass" version of the character ever?

Well yeah, but what's the point of making a game about Superman if you won't allow him to actually act like Superman? Unless you just really want to see a game with Superman and his enemies, I don't see a reason for not making a game about a character who normally operates in the same way as weakened Superman, without having to think of an half-assed explanation for why are they weaker than usually.

I'll never get why people shit on Knight so much.

I've spent literally hundreds of hours across the whole series, they're some of my favorite games.

While the stories leave a lot to be desired, the gameplay and level design are top notch, expert quality. It's clear just how much thought they put into every single aspect.

That's not Silver Age tier. That's modern tier. I read all of N52 Superman and he's like that.

He gets beaten up, poisoned and wrecked, and falls for Joker's master plan every time while hundreds die on his watch.

>act like Superman

Superman is not his superpowers. You can still have him act just like Superman acts: heroic and good.

And then by the end you DO get a normally powered Superman, because by then he'll have unlocked all his powers and be just as OP as Batman was with all his gadgets and extra health unlocked in the other games. Just have the late-game enemies be the ones that are a threat to Superman even with the powers.

Flash and Superman are not good for a "stealth" game. Maybe Green Arrow.

And New 52 is dead. Superdad is weaker than him. Try and keep up with comics.

Batgod isn't just beating the shit out of 1000s of guys. It's outplanning and outthinking them too. Arkham Bats is a complete retard who gets used by everyone and only survives due to plot armor bullshit.

>Green Arrow
They'd make it like that shitty show, so I'd rather not have a game at all.

>Let's be honest, I don't think a good Superman game is in the cards at this point. The franchise seems kinda cursed.
The same was thought of Batman until Arkham Asylum came out and blew everyone away.

Although the 1989 Batman NES game still holds a special place in my heart...

I loved SNES Batman Returns.
Was it ill-received?
I remember it being very good but maybe that's just nostalgia.

Seriously, the series needs to fuck off for at least a few years. It has grown to be very boring and repetitive.

My African-American

I liked Batman Vengeance.

>And New 52 is dead.
I didn't say he wasn't? You said it was Silver Age tier. It's not. And he was doing stuff like that before N52 started. Stop trying to hide form the fact that he's overpowered and needs to forget about half his powers to have a fight, the player wouldn't forget so he can't work in vidya.
>Superdad is weaker than him.
He'll be back to pushing planets through space and defeating multiversal threats when a single punch when Brainiac returns.

Knight was good, but I really didn't like how they filled the whole map with ubisoft-style repeatable checklist side missions. I liked how in previous games all side missions had some greater story behind them, and weren't a complete timeburner, instead of "do this thing 30 times in these locations" kind of missions. These are just a cheap artificial playthrough time extender and feel more like a chore than fun or challenge.

and if they spend less money on a game featuring a less popular character the quality will be shit
so yeah its better to stick with a hot commodity vs making a shitty DC video game

Except for Riddler missions that is

>redesigns, like Black Mask being a female

Huh, that's new

>Poison Ivy

I hope that means Harley found the plant that was left in Robinson Park after Ivy's "death"

> Damian

But...Talia is FUCKING DEAD , how the hell was he born?

A Superman game should be focused on big fucking boss fights where you can punch your opponent across the city.

All of these Superman games have the same problem where they sort of de-power Superman so he can fit into a more traditional gameplay niche, but what they SHOULD do is make a game where you feel OP, and scale up the threats to match that.

Say what you will about Platinum-shilling, but I can't think of another developer these days who puts that kind of effort into bosses.

>Talia is FUCKING DEAD
I'm pretty sure that wasn't the last Lazarus Pit destroyed ever. Nor am I convinced that Nyssa knew everything about Talia's vital state.

Not only did she die in the same room as a Lazarus pit, her body disappeared afterwards just like her dad's did. Shit's easy to explain.