JUST

JUST

nme.com/news/film/petition-j-j-abrams-fire-director-star-wars-episode-ix-2142301

J.J. didn't write it though???

Jar Jar is just a studio yes-man. He's not the problem, Disney is.

JJ looked it over and it was like, the whitest petition ever.

"fans" aka the racists that are still butt hurt a black male is a main character
Nope

Just look at the imdb rating, ep7 was brilliant because of jj and the real fans agree

/thread

>real fans agree
The only people I ever seen that praise it are sjws who havent even seen the ot or prequels and spout memes likr EWWW JARRR JAAAARRR because they heard it on the big bang theory

I'm looking forward to them twisting this into an anti-Semitic false flag for advertising

@87910188
This so much. REAL FANS LOVED IT. Only critics pretended to hate it.

You mean like the dumb neckbeards made a petition to have Ben Affleck not play Batman, and now suck his dick?

Neckbeards are literally lower than subhuman nigger tier.

>@87910188
pls no

>real fans agree
You mean 90s born queers

>aka nu-male queers

Start injecting testosterone into ya flabby ass bitchtits

Did someone say they're looking for a competent director with passion for the product? You just need to say one thing before we get this ball rolling.

>a few thousand angry neckbeards on the internet

vs.

>untold billions of dollars from box office, merchandise and cross-market-promotions

What WILL Disney ever do?!

Only 4 (You)'s, including mine.
You must be bitterly disappointed.

I liked all your movies, George. It's those Red Letter Shits that memed everyone into not liking them.

I don't usually come on Sup Forums but there are seriously people on here that didn't think Episode 7 was good? It wasn't mind blowing but what the fuck you guys are retarded, after the prequels Force Awakens was basically a god send, besides SJW shit what was wrong with it

>@87910188
HAHAHA the shill doesn't even know how to reply

rey's charhter is horrible

it managed the impressive task of making the events of SIX (6) prior movies pointless.

Why are people so anti-Semitic these days?

kek'd

Rey's a Mary Sue, Poe and the black guy are the best characters.

There was nothing new about the movie, it was an incredibly safe reboot. Was it entertaining? Sure. But it lacked any originality.

Hardly anyone here liked Ep VII. my dude.
Who are you arguing with?

Alright fine, George Lucas, can you PLEASE raise Irvin Kershner back to life.

Why won't nerds just let this stupid shit die already?

IM SORRY GEORGE

how

I've seen all the classic films and can tell you with full assurance she's just about as interesting as luke, ie. they were both shit characters, existing only as a beacons for telling the stories of other characters around them
I don't figure what you mean

>pretending to be retarded

Star Wars was always about the universe imo but story does have a big factor in it, rehashing shit doesn't make it interesting it makes it fucking boring. TFA has cool designs and everything expected of Star Wars but it's pretty boring just by itself when there's nothing new to accompany it.

>Was it entertaining
Nope

Thank you, but I'm still gonna need to hear you say it....

luke and anakin

both mary sues

don't ever compare luke with rey again

I want to see how will they explain how she learned to read minds and manipulate them in just come hours and don't knowing nothing about the jedis

Luke was a mary sue too you retard

Taking the bait like the underage newfag you are. Pathetic

>she's just about as interesting as luke
I didn't know it was possible to be this wrong.

mindless action, I'm talking Transformers-tier entertainment.

Luke actually had to learn how to do shit though

I fucking hate this meme. I never turned on george.

If the #TheForceIsFemale, why is Lucasfilm forcing female directors out of participating in Star Wars?
8 films made by old white men is enough; let's end this historic saga on the right side of history, with a woman's voice.
#BoycottStarWars
(This would be realistically more effective)

don't you have a spelling test tomorrow? to bed with your 13yo ass.

>don't ever compare luke with rey again

they both have jack shit for personalities and you KNOW IT

Fucking this

This entire cinematic universe is such a shitshow lmao

Objectively false

>Implying Lucas is a competent director

who taught him how to fly as a child?

oh right he just "knew how" because "he's a jedi"

get the "fuck" out of here

yeah but at least luke get trained and got his ass beaten first

tell me how they are going to explain how rey becomes a jedi in hours without training

>KNOW IT
Go back reddit

at this point does it even matter?

it's fucked beyond repair

and to make matters worse this guy effectively trivialized both the Star Trek and the Star Wars franchises by reducing them to glorified feature-length trailers for themselves

still waiting for you to explain why luke knew how to fly from birth but rey ran pilot simulations her whole life in the at-at and almost wiped out trying to escape with the black guy

didnt luke drive his dads hovercar around all the time?

i'll be sure to put my driver's license on my resume when i apply to be a pilot for american airlines

He had a t16 skyhopper growing up

luke did drive ships in tatooine also where is that scene of rey with the simulators?

The director is almost irrelevant

When is the last time Disney too risks with a film,if ever? Everything they make is lowest common denominator "feel good" artificial bullshit. Their characters and stories are never nuanced or interesting

Star Wars being bought by Disney confirmed the franchise is dead. The corporate machine is going to suck it dry until it's just merch

>competent
>passion for the product
>implying he has a passion for directing

Say it...

I never had a problem with Lucas, despite Empire being my favorite of the films. The Disney damage is done though. There's no saving this bastardized ship.

that no one taught him how to fly. he knew "from birth". why? is it because he's a mary sue?

did you even watch the movie? have you ever read a drop of back story?

she had a flight simulator scavenged from a star destroyer set up in the AT-AT she was living in.

Luke is an ambitious youth wanting to escape the the tedium of life on a barren shithole while we don't know shit about Rey other than being abandoned wanting to find answers as to why. Both have somewhat similar reasons but one is executed way worse than the other because it relies on the fact a sequel is going to fill in the lines while ANH can stand alone as a film.

>The petitioner, Matt Vela, argues Abrams’ direction of The Force Awakens resulted in a film that was too similar to Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. “There was virtually no creativity,” he writes, “and no risks taken.”

>He argues that Lucasfilm and Disney promised a new director for every film “to promote a fresh new vision on every instalment”, adding: “Therefore, to prevent Star Wars Episode IX from becoming yet another rip off of the original trilogy (specifically, a rip off of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi), and for the good of the Star Wars brand, we demand that Kathleen Kennedy replace J.J. Abrams as director of the upcoming Episode 9 film.” Lucasfilm has yet to issue a response on the petition.

As much as internet petitions are stupid, pointless memes?

I 100% agree with them. J.J. Abrahms was only tolerable with the promise he'd direct ONE film

>there are seriously people on here that didn't think Episode 7 was good?
Not just here m8 most normies think it was underwhelming/slightly disappointing at best.

>what was wrong with it

>derivative and unoriginal, unless for some reason you think creativity is not important when making movies/stories in space fantasy genre.
>while being a remake it failed to even come close to capturing the heart and wonder of the OT, just a BIGGER AND COOLER remake like robocop and ghostbusters
>rey is just a watered down version of luke, Finn's arc makes no sense he's sad when his trooper friend dies, goes coward mode but laughs as he shoots down his former comrades. Poe is a literal non character who was supposed to die in the crash but stayed because disney needed a not han solo
>kylo while an interesting character fails to be an effective menacing antagonist
>relies completely on fanservice and nostalgia to make it an enjoyable experience go so far as to throw away all continuity

But i was at the opening of each prequel. I did nothing wrong.

Your movies fucking suck.

And yes, the Disney films are shit as well but that doesnt make you any good.

Star Wars is a dumpster fire.

The problems with it are related entirely to J.J Abrahms and his stupid 'mystery box' belief where you can't show the audience anything. He's like the opposite extreme of too much exposistion. His disciples are to blame for Godzilla not even fully appearing in his own damn movie until the very end

Fuck off and burn in a fire, New Fag.

Luke was shown struggling and often times failing to be a Jedi for the entirety of the first two movies. You're seriously deluded if you think Luke is on the same level of Mary Sue as Rey. For fuck's sake, I don't even like Star Wars and even I know how wrong you are

Luke lived on a desert planet and had nothing better to do than tinker with robots and fly ships for fun. He even says as much. It's completely reasonable to believe he'd be a decent pilot.

Good, good. I pardon thee.

>real fans agree
(You) mean shit eaters? Fan will like anything served to them because "it" is it's favorite thing. Without question they will except Jar-Jar Binks because it is canon regardless how bad that character was.

>that no one taught him how to fly. he knew "from birth". why? is it because he's a mary sue?
This is one of the most rerarded arguments I've ever seen posted here.

>she had a flight simulator scavenged from a star destroyer set up in the AT-AT she was living in.

where was this shown in the movie?

and go fuck yourself with your "read the backstory" horseshit where I need to sift through novelizations and toy packaging blurbs to get an answer why some outer rim hoodrat is apparently an ace pilot

I could believe Luke had a lucky break because the rebels were short on pilots and the Death Star run was basically a do or die situation where they had to throw everything they got at it, but Rey literally dominates everything they throw at her and the answer why is never clearly given or even alluded to

and now I'm supposed to fall back on vague side-material garbage

>He even says as much. It's completely reasonable to believe he'd be a decent pilot.

that's not the point being argued. what you're saying is perfectly reasonable.

official canon is that he knew from birth how to fly, not that he picked it up because he needed a hobby. explain that?

blame george lucas. he's the one that specifically wrote that luke knew how to fly from birth. that makes luke a mary sue. refute it

You're fucking finished in this town, mark my words motherfucker!

Most of the people signing this "petition" are probably anti-semites.

George hasn't been a competent director since 1977

>it managed the impressive task of making the events of SIX (6) prior movies pointless.
THIS

It's like the anti-pottery

>Luke, Han and Leia? Turn out they gave up on life

>At least, Han a legendary pilot/smuggler, Luke the best jedi and leia a greater
>Naw they failed at that HARD

>Empire the greatest threat the galaxy has ever seen? Naw check out these shit poor terrorists who can fire planet destroying lasers across the galaxy with 1/millionth the man .power and resources. Not to mention fucking the power scale

>At least there's a plot right?
>Nope fuck any coherent plotline to the original wipe the slate and wrap it up for a few thrills because fuck worldbuilding

It even get's referenced at the end of the film during the "2 meters" scene. Luke was a red neck, he used to fly around in his hover pickup truck (pic related) and shoot at fucking rats. Him being a mechanical and flying savant made PERFECT sense, because that was literally all he had to do with his free time besides farm work which we know was MOSTLY performed by robots and hired hands. He WANTED to attend the Imperial Academy and get off the planet.

>explain that
George Lucas. The Force.

nicknaming faggotry devalues anything you say

Its a movie that tricks the audience into thinking there's substance to it because of how it apes off the older movies.

JJ will never produce or direct any film worth remembering. If one of his creations rises above shallow but pleasant mediocrity, it will be someone else's doing.

>canon
>side material

>why some outer rim hoodrat is apparently an ace pilot

"Inside the walker, Rey also had a computer display from an old BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bomber that she used to learn alien languages, study the schematics of Republic and Imperial starships, and run flight simulations in order to hone her skills as a pilot. "

there, i spelled it out for you

>George Lucas. The Force.
>this somehow doesn't apply to rey

>At least, Han a legendary pilot/smuggler, Luke the best jedi and leia a greater
>Naw they failed at that HARD
This was the dumbest thing in the movie, it wascshitty enough that they made han a criminal again for whatever reason but couldn't they at least made him a new jabba the hutt like some hot shot crime lord?

you still miss the point so i'm gonna break it down for you

it's reasonable for luke to learn how to fly on his own,

YET canon says he didn't. canon says he knew from birth.

Disney could ask for a refund and give everything back to him

Left or right?

no proofs detected

>canon says he knew from birth.
Where?

Does anyone else wish that Star Wars had stuck to being a Dune rip-off? Sure Episode 1 was on a desert planet, but it's just a surface similarity. Specifically ripping off Dune as much as possible would have been a winning strat.

>official canon is that he knew from birth how to fly, not that he picked it up because he needed a hobby. explain that?
That just sounds like typical Star Wars canon bullshit that was tacked on after the fact to make everyone seem extra special. Even if it's true, does it really matter within the context of the movies? We still see Luke struggle and grow while Rey is just instantly great at everything.

Too little too late. TLJ is looking to be another remake and JJ gave us such shitty character that the only way to make them better is to practically retcon TFA. Disney could hire a really talented writer/director with good eye for visuals and give said director complete freedom and the sequel trilogy will still be shit with shit characters.

>canon

bro, I hate to break it to you but only the movies are canon, not whatever some exec says at any given moment

But he literally isn't. He fought with the studio a lot during the production of TFA.

who cares

Where was that shown in the movie itself faggot?

Sorry, is this the first movie you've all watch where the universe doesn't begin and end when you aren't sitting in the theater seat?

Dwayne pls

Tfa can't stand on its own. You are fucking pathetic user. Which part of the 90s were you born in?