BvS

Now that the dust has settled... was it kino?

>capeshit

No, it was a terrible movie by any standard

Fuck off and stop whining

Yea it was pretty good. Damn sure rewatchable. I can spam this shit one screen 3 or 4 times in a row

Anyone tried rewatching Civil War? Now that is a pain to get through.

>inb4 all the stupid faggots posting copy pastas of neckbeards with too much time on their hands that elaborated lists of contrived and fallacious reasons why this movie is good.

>behind the movie 100%
>so annoyed by these kinds of posts i hate it now
>that's probably the only intent of whoever keeps making these threads

Only second to Watchmen for capepoop movies.

A Lovecapian letter to cape movies

when Snyder directs cape he elevates it from capeshit to cinema

>I go into threads I don't like
>it annoys me so much it makes me hate a movie I used to like

I think the problem is you are an absolute idiot for in even anonymously sharing such retarded shit.

Hey, you asked.

How did I ask if I'm not OP idiot. Learn the land before posting newfag

Yeah, well you're still a nigger

i think the problem here is you take what you see on the internet way too seriously, which i should've have tried to play on in the post but didn't, so oh well

can't way to see superman's journey through the underworld

I personally loved it

The Ultimate Edition is unironically the best film of 2016.

This

/thread

It tried really hard.

Watch more films you retards

This.

have been, just respect terrio and snyder together too much to slander them, part of me wishes they would do something not involved in hero capeshit

So you're a degenerate contrarian is what you're telling me

Yeah, I go around around judging other people and putting them in irrelevant categories in my head. I get a kick out of this

I hate how these threads always devolve into DC vs Marvel name calling.

BvS is unironically kino, Civil War was decent 8/10, but Dr Strange was pure garbage and Wonder Woman was the most mediocre film I've ever seen.

MARTHA!

MARTHA!!

MARTHA!!!

>implying that anything good about this movie wasn't a borrowed idea from Watchmen

no

why is "martha" not okay when civil war did more trigger words for bucky?

the martha revelation struck me cause i only realized that at the theater. it's kind of brilliant to be honest

bad montage of scenes put together like a compilation which a kid on youtube could do a better job of.

shit fight scene compared to source material, superman fucking sucked due to the writing. gal gadot is disgusting to look at.

>Civil War 8/10
i needed a good laugh. thanks!

>Dr.Strange was pure garbage
Literally how? I just watched that shit and my only gripes were the bland score and generic villain/ Mads being underused. I'd still give it a solid 7.5/10

no it just copies reddit fav Inception

Wasted quads

Is this supposed to be a criticism or?

nice try marvel shills

WE HAVE THIS THREAD EVERYDAY

yeah. Sup Forums is a DC/Snyder board

Lmao

>Snyderfags so insecure they hate on Wonder Woman more than the MCU

>9gag

>it's kind of brilliant
*inhales*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

As the release date of JL is approaching, marlet shills are gonna get more aggressive, with each passing day. Be prepared lads

>dude, what if like, no listen get this, what if like people were afraid of superman, dude right?

It is. Two heroes put aside their differences over a common realization that they're both human.

Civil War was about about who gets to be Captain America's best friend.

Two people in a fight stop because one of them suddenly calls out his mother's name which is conveniently also the name of the second person's mother. Their realization is "film school" level deep.

>9gag
>Memeful
>Ain't
>Damn great awesome movie
>Comic book fan

This pic is cancer at it's finest and I can't tell if it's serious or a meme.

He asks this every fucking day. That dust sure is fucking resilient.

this

Your critique is "film school" levels of insightful. You should make a youtube channel, I'm sure you could get Chris Stuckman's following.

The fact that you don't realize why it was a stupid scene explains why you think it's brilliant.

>unlike marvel dc lets their filmmakers create true, auteur kino
>wb fucks with suicide squad
>wb fucks with batman v superman
>wb hires joss whedon to turn justice league into a marvel quipfest

dc cuks approach "kathleen kennedy knows what she's doing" levels of delusion

Good post

nah, we like WW i speak for all Snyderchads

I'm with this guy. There's enough depth, nuance, and detail to reward multiple viewings, and for me it's gotten better every time. It's got a far more impactful message than Aronofsky's attempt at an allegory and one that's far more applicable.

Agreed.

These threads are like living in groundhog day.

this

This

it was pretty entertaining capeshit

no idea why other capeshit gets so much better reviews for having a few quips

this

It was dare I say....... Lovecraftian cape kinography!

SOMEONE
post the image that draws a connection between lex and henry v? i think?

Now that's what I call a proper reach.

Do people still pretend it's not kino?

Not only is it not a reach, it's only one of the story's allegorical components. Depending on what angle you approach it from, Clark, Bruce, and Diana also represent the eras of myth that inspire them in particular and comics in general.

Clark: youngest, represents the modern superhero.
Bruce: older, represents the pulp-era heroes that inspired his character.
Diana: oldest, represents the myths of antiquity.

So Snyder is saying that the modern superhero needs to die?

ikr

Furthermore:

Bruce: the "traditional" America, self-made, whole family summed up in a rags-to-riches story that he tells to Alfred: "They were hunters." Bruce is buying into the xenophobia and paranoia he sees presented in the media and justifies his vendetta against the "alien" as a necessary thing, an act of "preemptive self-defense" based not on what Superman has done, but rather where he's from and what he one day *might* do. Bruce is turning his back on this truth and in doing so, risks being consumed by his own obsession with vengeance.

Alfred: America's "father figure," Britain. Reluctantly, he continues to support his "son" even after seeing through his deceptions, hoping he will see the truth.

Lex: the self-serving elite that does not share, that views all others as merely pawns or obstacles; well-entrenched within the government as well as the media; knows all, sees all, but only resorts to truth as a means of making his lies more palatable; plays both ends against the middle through the politics of division and fear-mongering. He is the corporate psychopathy and pragmatism rife within the military-industrial complex that doesn't deal in friends and foes, only assets and liabilities.

Doomsday: the corpse of the old fanatic(Zod) reanimated with the blood of the elite; near mindless, completely unreasoning in its desire for destruction; feeds off conflict and only grows stronger and more destructive when attacked; each new form heralded by another destructive blast. He is post-Al Qaeda jihadism, arguably daesh what with him lashing out first at his "creator" and destroying a monument to a "false god."

Clark: the "alien" among us, unrecognized, believes in what America in general and what journalism in particular are supposed to be.

So Snyder wants to let in the refugees?

He's saying that myth, modern or otherwise, can never truly die.

It literally does tho.

Superman: the recognizable "alien," complete with the traditional garb of his culture; seeks to define himself through good deeds alone, though the media would rather report the controversy; thus he is poorly defined and a portion of that blame lies squarely on his own shoulders. His silence, born of his guilt, and his reluctance to put a voice to his actions, has allowed others to politicize him in ways he never intended, turning him into a polarizing figure that inspires hatred on one extreme and blind worship on the other.

He wants us to remember that the "alien" is not inherently our enemy. He wants the "alien" to recognize that it's possible to honor your culture and heritage without enforcing it on others. He also wants the "alien" to take up the spear and fight the "dragons" born of their culture themselves. That is the act that ultimately inspires change in Bruce. It had the same effect on Colonel Hardy in Man of Steel.

Wow so maybe you shouldn't kill someone just because they're not like you? That's really deep. Snyder delivered a kafka-esque example of true orewellian kino.

QUADS OF TRUTH

wow trivializing story themes with intentional dumbing down of story to fit your agenda lol

>he thinks he said something of substance during his analysis

top kek

Is kek the only word in your limited vocabulary? Because it's become pretty prelavent there is always that one shitposter in BvS threads doing these posts.

>capeshit cucks acting like intellectuals
*inhales*

Point proven.

>feining indifference and superiority makes me superior

You're the most laughable participant in this whole discussion.

You sound like a faggot

>the movie that single-handedly started the kino meme
It's the proto kino movie

Based WB knows how to embrace parallel realities. Sony and the Mouse wish they comprehended these power levels.