There Will Be Blood

I still can't figure out exactly why I like this movie.

Can any of you goys help me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FeSLPELpMeM
youtube.com/watch?v=vn5sSqCO5Xg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It looks and sounds good, nice performances as well

great cinematography. incredible attention to detail, feels like you're really in 1880's. great soundtrack, great overall feeling. memorable script and ending. overall probably the best hollywood film of the past 17 years

Paul dano being bludgeoned to death

This

>ywn be this excited for a movie again
youtube.com/watch?v=FeSLPELpMeM

Its a bit too kafkaskian and lacks lovecraftian tone.

>memorable script and ending

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

Daniel Day-Lewis and Paul Dano in that setting.

DONT BULLY ME DANIEL

TWBB is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema.

It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.

forgot your trip and don draper pic, cinebro.

Also as a member of the parasitic race you probably relate to Daniel Plainview's immorality.

>lacks lovecraftian tone

There is more than just Lovecraft you know, right?

braaaaaaaaap

*tips no country for old men*

I actually kind of agree with you. I mean, I like the movie, but I feel I've seen much better. I just don't get why there are some people that hold it in "God Tier"

Ya know, I still don't get that movie. It's got one good character because he's just so fucking weird, but everything else is just meh. It's all mood with no substance behind it.

>I just don't get why there are some people that hold it in "God Tier"
It's stated
>TWBB is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema

Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead made an amazing score

mmmm, be VERY careful, Eli. I still have a use for you.

>tfw you seem like a "holier than thou" type about movies and you'd hyper judge me for some of the movies I've enjoyed but we feel the same way about TWBB

y-you too

There's a whole OCEAN of oil under our feet, nobody can get at it except for me!

Come on don't fall for the latest trend bait

I'm not usually on this board so idk if that a meme or not.

>nearly three hours of nothing happening

Yeah, I can't figure out why you like it either.

MMMIIIIIIIILLLLLLLKKKKKKKSSSSSHHHHAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty much this. A good movie, compared to other schlock, but 7/10 at best. If by the time you watch TWBB you'd already watched Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Lynch, and other great filmmakers you won't be impressed that much.

>Kubrick, Tarkovsky, Lynch,
bad bait. this board has such a hard-on for lynch when he's entry-level "babbys first slightly weird director". PTA is a much better directotr.

>Daniel Day Lewis
>Paul WS Anderson

that's all you need to know.

>tfw I've just forgotten more movies than I'll ever be able to remember

I go on binges at times and watch who knows what. Also I have a hard on for found footage and there's so really bad/weird ones out there.

PIG FUCK

YOU MAKE THIS SHIT UP! FUCK YOU! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT

So this movie was pure kino?

>kino?
Kill yourself

That's the common lingo of the board right now, right?

Sorry, I'm an oldfag from the early days just now returning to a changing Sup Forums.

No user you're just a pathetic little faggot.

Fuck off, newfag.

it does expose the tasteless, you are right. anyone who can't appreciate the film is an autistic dork who finds subtext impenetrable.

You're embarrassing yourself youngfag.

you just aren't very smart, user. a big problem with society is that bullying went out of style. 30 years ago people would have let you know you were stupid as a child, and you wouldn't embarrass yourself by trying to have artistic opinions later in life. it's not really your fault

>autistic dork
It seems more like a film youngfags, queers and women wouldnt like.

>Women will never understand fucking Drive
>A movie where a girl chances upon a mysterious powerful guy who will do anything to protect her
Ever met a woman by any chance, son?

And how did you infer my intelligence from what I said there, user?

i went through a period where i watched this movie almost every day... it's just a good comfy movie, i think i noticed something new each viewing

not him but probably because you judge the quality of the film by how many "good characters" there are in it.

>comfy

I don't think you understand the meaning of that word, user.

no one actually enjoys tarkovsky or lynch. people just name drop them to sound mysterious. you watch their movies once when you are in your 20s and then never again because they are so fucking dull. A jackie chan movie has more artistic merit than tarkovsky's entire catalogue

Obviously there's more than just "good characters" that can make a good movie, but you can have a mediocre movie be made great by great characters.

See Generation Kill. Run of the mill military show but it had AMAZING characters.

Granted there's tons of other little things that make it amazing like the blown out humvee having a half eaten charms pack on the dash for example.

You like it because you are an idiot and it's a shit film. Done.

>AMAZING
Go back faggot

I said I liked it. I didn't say it was that great. You can casually enjoy something without thinking it's notable. I just see a lot of other people go on about it and I was just trying to figure that out.

because you think no country for old men has no substance. "I didn't care it" is an opinion. "it has no substance" is what someone says when they lack the social skills/intelligence necessary to dissect for themselves what is a dense and meaningful work

>back

To where? The future?

i agree with him. I like the setting, i liked the pace, i liked the relationship with the deaf son. i think its a cool world to spend time in

>dense and meaningful work

Or maybe it's just a self absorbed piece of shit that's just trying to be more than it or the creators were capable of pulling off. but since you're so enlightened, why don't you explain to me what's so great about ti?

twbb is not comfy. amelie is top tier essential comfy.

The writing is very Kafkaesque.

Classic

>goys
there is no "goys" you Philistine. the plural form of "goy" is "goyim."

aside from being a tense and exciting action film, which is enough on it's own, the movie explores the relationship between storyteller and audience: things are set up in a very hollywood way and then play out in a very messy, realistic way and it sticks with you. it's also a film about fate/causality, about how little of your life is actually under your control, no matter how careful you are. also it's a nice exploration of the meaning of ethics in an uncaring universe. there's a lot to digest other than "one neat character"

i disagree. i thought twbb was comfy and amelie was weird and unsettling like all the movies that director does. to each his own

>thinking the goyim actually care about the proper usage of kike language

it's a shit job at any of that then. Except the tension. But everything else is bullshit because even if it does have all that shit, it has it's head up it's own ass so far that it thinks it's shit don't stick. One of those "artsy for artsy sake" type things where it's trying to be too deep and just comes off shallow

it's a movie about people killing each other over drug money. how is it pretentious? it's a very straightforward story

A movie is more than just the fucking story idiot. Like tried saying, but only went to prove my point of how it's got nothing to it except what pretentious assholes like putting on to it.

both of those posts were from me. i'm trying to figure out your position. you say that the movie is too artsy and has it's head up its own ass, but the filmmaking seemed pretty direct to me. nothing about the film was vague or weird for it's own sake. the movie was too deep for you but shallow at the same time? i don't get it

I'm just playing off of what you're saying.

Either it was shallow, or it was trying to hard and failed. That's my position

>to

I should go to sleep...

You should go to reddit

>le contrarian post

You should go to Sup Forums, you'd fit right in with your pseudo-intellectualism and low effort shitposting.

please God no. The only thing reddit is good for is links to livestreams

>CLASSIC trailer

>classic trailer
>it's not 2.20 minutes of Paul Dano

youtube.com/watch?v=vn5sSqCO5Xg

The fuck is that movie with him and Wolverine? Looks intense as fuck with that shower box.

Prisoners