Why frogs? What's the symbolism behind Kek being a frog? Is it the Illuminati cards?

Why frogs? What's the symbolism behind Kek being a frog? Is it the Illuminati cards?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuk_(mythology)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Frogs symbolize disgustingness and bad hygiene. These characteristics are also associated with nerdy young men. The character Pepe the frog was created by Matt Furie as a particularly disgusting young man who lives with his three roommates in the comic Boy's Club. Pepe has been adopted by Sup Forums as a stock character representing the users of the website because the Sup Forums userbase is composed of nerdy young men who are presumed to be disgusting and have bad hygiene. These are froglike traits, get it? It's self-effacing humor.

Didn't it start on Sup Forums though? Was Sup Forums subconsciously trolled all this time?

Pepe started on /r9k/.

i want to fuck that frog

It started on /tg/ or Sup Forums I forget. Those boards are too ancient for you NORMIES

There are three up there, which one?

all 3

i have stuff on one of them, i might be able to find stuff on the other two i guess

>Froppy

SO what is the source for this? Some user said Watamote but that is some anime about a teen grill and not some Frog-grill hybrid

>mfw we foul bachelor frog

theres more

> watamote

lol what, you were rused it seems

Foul Bachelor Frog was one of the better Reddit memes. Pepe is just a more extreme version of the same concept.

It was the original pepe

It seems so bizarre that there are people who don't remember this, somehow. I understand why they wouldn't, but it's a part of the story.

Pepe first appeared in Boy's Club in 2005.
Foul Bachelor Frog is from 2008.
Pepe images have been on Sup Forums for a long time, but he didn't become really popular until /r9k/ made him into a NEET antihero, which started around 2014.

Didn't know that his history was that long

Before 2014, Pepe was just a funny picture. The character and the cultural phenomenon was invented in 2014 or thereabouts.

And then afterwards, Kek was personified as a frog just because of Pepe, huh?

Kek is a strange coincidence. It just so happens that there was an Egyptian frog god with that name.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuk_(mythology)

> Kuk (also spelled as Kek or Keku)

Hmm. Also,

> Mzaaran iwsalok'm re Aujiev NaKulesh nall m'teraizhmos... Reaki noft alm, d'yazeki so Yazater/Yazata. Yachi d'jimulu aiso, mamdak ceriaup caovirdta.

What's with the writing in the article?