Let's have a Mignola thread!

Let's have a Mignola thread!
I'll start with the best

That's it from me. Post some Mignola greatness

Never seen this before

Still his best work.

Is the story behind this that he made this with, and for his daughter?

That's what I've read.

What do the shapes represent?

I've always wondered that to, and they appear at the end of hellboy in hell

that magician and snake story is great, where is it from?

I just recently started Mignolaverse. I think I've read 5 volumes of HellBoy and 1 of BPRD. Some good stuff but Mignola really suffers to move the plot naturally. Also there's too much info dumping. I know info dumping is great for setting things up and world building but it becomes too much at some points. Still very enjoyable reads and I'm loving the art. The short stories are the best so far.

I've gathered that they represent "The End"? Anyone else come to this conclusion ?

From what I remember, Mignola's daughter wrote the Magician and Snake story. Maybe he wanted to tribute the end of Hellboy to her?

Do you know what volume I can find this in OP? This story and pancakes are my favorite

It's in some short story collection. I think Amazing screw on head is in the collection also

Love when artists transcribe kids stories, having a hard time remembering specific times this was done other than ax cop though.

The staircase and the statue at the end are also seen in Hellboy in Hell, where the dude who sold his soul to the devil dies with his soul saved by a snake.

Bump

I'm gonna dump all my images

Why is he so based

I love Mignola.

If anyone has any non-Hellboy art I'd be happy to see it Tbh

damn, I came here specifically to say that this warmed the fuck out of my cockles

I envy that magician

This story is so good

some of my favorite mignola variants or guest stuff

>That Tokage
JOHAN KICKED YOUR BROTHERS ASS YOU LITTLE LIZARD SHIT

He expended his very soul to defeat the giant newt. WOOO GO JOHAN

Also I'm glad Mike is a fan of Stan

He does such a cool batman.

The Mignolaverse is so good and well planned out its ridiculous. Every bit of it fits together and every time I reread it there's always something new to find.
I can't wait to read his new book.

It is. There was an interview with Arcudi recently where he kind of indirectly talks about how the continuity is built.

What's amazing is they are constantly adding things to the past with the Lobster Johnson series, the Rise of the Black Flame and the Hellboy 50s books and nothing is ever contradictory. You can read everything in chronological order, panel by panel and it still makes perfect sense.

I would have loved a totally Mignola written Atlantis book.

Agreed familia

snek is best ;_;

Yeah. It's one of the reasons I've been with the universe as long as I have. I am much happier with this run of Witchinder than Unland, I will say. I thought the writing on that was pretty terrible. Black Flame is shaping up alright too. I was worried when Roberson was announced. I haven't liked a single other thing I read from him. Are you talking about The Visitor when you mentioned the new book? It looks awesome.

Snek is best bro and wizard is best snekbro

>you will never be as beefy as hellboy

A Witcher/Hellboy crossover, like any Hellboy crossover, would be amazing

Really? Unland is my favorite of the Witchfinder series. The Lovecraftian town folk, the eel wife witchery, Abe's cameo at the end which then comes up later in his series.
And no I was talking about the novel he's working on GrimDeathand Bill theElectrocutedCriminal

I apologize if I post anything twice

I stayed up nights thinking of all the great cameos with Hellboy

Yeah I forgot that was coming out.

Yeah, after the first two WF books, I thought Unland had this really out of place sense of humor that I was not down with. I actually like all the good things you mention, but a few persistent small things kind of spoiled the whole for me.

Im going out on a limb here

the solid shapes represent the physical plane. as it is made up of solid shapes rather than ideas like dreams or the afterlife are. The wizard banishes these shapes in a way of turning his back on the physical plane, but he knows they will return because he is a mortal man. Their return represents the inevitability of living on the physical plane which means death. The wizard knows he must face his mortality when the shapes return.

I would imagine here it has a similar relation to death and inevitability, but also a reminder than [spoiler[ now that hell is basically destroyed by hellboy [/spoiler] the physical world endures and continues despite the "death" of a non physical realm

HERE IS THE CLAW

I can see that, it definitely had a lightness too it that the previous books didn't but I thought it was fairly balanced with the grotesque aspects of the story. I loved that ticket lady flipping him shit at the museum.

I'm gonna take a br

In any case I'm excited to see vampires come back in, and am hopeful we'll see more Anders. Vampire is an underrated series.

A dude who used to work at my local library had his beautiful tattoo sleeve of only black and skin Mignola animals. It was maybe the coolest tattoo I've ever seen. Done really well.

I love Mignola since I meet his work. Love at first sight.
I really hope that Mike write more about Africa and Mexico.

I believe that is Mignola way to say goodbye to his daughter when he die.

>>Mignola will die in our lifetime

We truly live in the darkest timeline.

>you will never be friends with a snake who loves you for who you are and finds joy and amazement in the little things you're able to do

>No Bloodborne/Souls comic by Mignola

>the solid shapes represent the physical plane. as it is made up of solid shapes rather than ideas like dreams or the afterlife are. The wizard banishes these shapes in a way of turning his back on the physical plane, but he knows they will return because he is a mortal man. Their return represents the inevitability of living on the physical plane which means death. The wizard knows he must face his mortality when the shapes return.
Mignola's child is an amazing writer.

These forms reappear in the final issue of Hellboy in Hell but I will never understand the thematic connection.

holy shit another fucking monkey

Please don't let this thread die

Why did you have to make me want something I'll never have?

Please tell me this is actually covered on panel and isn't just a single page

There is a story set in Mexico were Hellboy teams up with a trio of Luchadors to fight evil.

The Climax is Hellboy having a match against Frankenstein's Monster

Isn't that because there are no intersections between the three? 50s don't talk about Black Flame, LJ is merely a comicbook for Hellboy, and the fact that everyone talks about Johnson as a myth, while he kicked ass in New York is kind of weird. Some would even say contradictory.

You could go get a snek
Or a dog

Sick

That story ends with Hellboy fighting one of the brothers who has turned into a vampire Bat-God, iirc.

CAMAZOTZ