Chicago Surpasses 500th Homicide In 2016

foxnews.com/us/2016/09/06/chicago-surpasses-500th-homicide-in-2016.html
September 06, 2016

Chicago surpasses 500th homicide in 2016

After a bloody August saw homicides climb to a 20-year high, a deadly Labor Day weekend sent Chicago’s 2016 homicides soaring past 500, surpassing total murders for 2015 with four months still left in the year.

In all, 65 people were shot during the holiday weekend, 31 of them between 6 a.m. Monday and 3 a.m. Tuesday, The Chicago Tribune reported. The 13 killed brought the city’s skyrocketing homicide total to 512 – already well past the 491 logged in 2015.

"It is a complex problem with multidimensional facets to it," Mayor Rahm Emanuel said on Friday of Chicago's homicide rate. "It's not just about more police, but it will include that. But it's also about more resources for our children, more resources for our neighborhoods and stiffer laws that reflect the values of our city."

The scores of dead and wounded in the early days of September follow 90 homicides in August, tied for Chicago’s deadliest month since June 1996.

Nearly 3,000 people have been shot this year, according to data analyzed by The Tribune. That includes several deadly celebratory periods in 2016: 69 shot (six dead) during Memorial Day weekend and 66 shot (five dead) during the Fourth of July weekend.

Police attribute the spike in gun crime during the tail end of the Labor Day weekend to retaliatory gang acts, the Tribune reported.

In contrast, New York and Los Angeles had 409 homicides combined through late August.

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2016/01/06/guns-and-states/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what a shitty grouping

>Police that put their union before protecting and serving the public
>Corrupt liberal Obama government
>Teachers that put their union before education and guiding the youths
>Dindus everywhere

And yet White America refuses to do anything about it! This is what happens when you have highly segregated pockets of poverty in our inner-cities. This is what happens when you have failing schools that can't educate young boys of color! This is what happens when police oppress communities rather than serve them. Lastly, we are failing to do anything about gun control, even though it would save lives in Chicago! Systemic racism is all around us, yet people refuse to believe that there is a problem.

Just saw a BBC report on this.

>DEY DINDU NUFFIN
>FORCED INTO A LIFE OF CRIME
>I'M SO SCARED FOR MY KEEEEDS
>JUS GUD BOIS GETTIN THEY LIFE ON TRACK
>WHAT'S THE GOV GON DO BOUT DIS
But at least the report says strict gun laws had no effect on shooting rates.

>we are failing to do anything about gun control

Chicago's gun laws are some of the strictest in the country

>more resources for children and neighbourhoods

so they aren't even trying to deviate from that NEED MO MONEY FOR PROGRAMS comic anymore are they?

Black on Black crime isn't even a "thing".

MORE GUN CONTROL

CONSERVATIVES REEEEEEEE

>"It's not just about more police, but it will include that. But it's also about more resources for our children, more resources for our neighborhoods and stiffer laws that reflect the values of our city."
Do we even need to say it?

>we are failing to do anything about gun control

Indeed! Which explains the sky high murder rate in Indiana just across the state line from Chicago.

Oh, wait...

At a certain point you can't save people from themselves. Not sure why people want white saviours for this problem.

Chiraq is fucking hilarious good entertainment Yanks you should put this shit on PPV

got dayum sauce on dat video

Mfw Illinois is like in the top 15 when it comes to spending per student.

Face it. We're dumping truck loads of money into black neighborhoods and black "education"; you can't take the nigger out of a nigger.

Serious question?

Why would ANYONE live in or near Chicago?

All schools are left.
Guns laws are strict.
Chicago has been blue for some time.
Wanna fix it? Vote trump and have people work for their shit instead of depending on the govt for everything.

>FORCED INTO A LIFE OF CRIME

by who?

Literally all black people have to do is stop killing each other.

What did you expect from Obama's "social organizing"? This organizing activity qualified him for the white house, but don't let the results confuse you...no wonder he thought he could "contain" Isis. He thought it was dealing with Gangster Disciples...

>It is a complex problem with multidimensional facets to it...

I bet that fucking kike posts here. How could you sit in that chair, act this way and not genuinely want niggers to live in pain and die violently?

Its an old video so the source is probably unknown. It was a robbery or something and the robber got chopped in the neck with a machete.

Even the gangster interviewed said that people should shooting each other because "there's too many niggas out here"

It's segregated as hell and people who don't live in the southwest side have no idea this is going on other than what's in the headlines just like you.

Hey look it's Africa!

>race doesn't exist so what if you keep noticing racial trends stop thinking stop thinking stop thinking

Police should listen to blm, stop fucking w black people and eventually they will all murder each other

What What! Yeah baby!!

Yea somehow Indiana and Virginia don't have as high murder rates as Chicago or DC even though Indiana and Virginia have more legal guns.

slatestarcodex.com/2016/01/06/guns-and-states/

here is your answer, i hope you will read it and feel bad about making such an autistic, cancerous comment:
>no gangs in Indiana aka whitesville
>nearly zero gun control or liberalism there
Hmmm, i wonder where the MULTIPLE Chicago area gangs are getting their guns from?
HMMMMMMMM I WONDER....
(kys) I've included an instructional video on what you should do to yourself now

we finally have concealed carry now. we were last, but we did it

It's nice living in a white blue zone

>putting so much effort into murder
>not using all that energy for rape instead

Fucking niggers...

So you admit the problem is not and never was guns and is in fact, niggers?

You've never went to school with niggers, have you?

You can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn.

well thats understandable

It's a self correcting problem.

Where is king nigger on this? If I was him i'd just play golf and ignore it too.

Holy shit Americans, maybe now you'll implement some common sense gun control?

Probably shot by somebody high or with one of those shitty WW2 era automatic SMGs.

we did it fellow black people
we did it guys

Im going to be kind in this comment to you because, for whatever reason, I feel that you are uninformed on this subject, rather than just plain stupid.
So, take it ffrom someone like me who was born and raised in chicago (not the suburbs either, in the heart of the north side)...
The violence is comically NONEXISTENT in MOST chicago neighborhoods.
Im not kidding either.
Basically, if you have money (meaning if you can afford to live even modestly) then you can live the GOOOOOD life in chicago.
Even with a 55k/Year job, you can HAPPILY live your entire life in chicago without EVER even seeing any violence at all.
Unfortunately, so many of us (including myself but not anymore because i moved to a nice suburb after 20 years in the city) we cant afford the Rent in the city's nice (white) neighborhoods.
The violence, specifically is located iin 1-2 neighborhoods SOUTH and WEST of the city, where, ironically, the rent is cheaper and it takes only 15-30 minutes to commute to the city.
The neighborhoods where the violence occurs are nearly 99% black, so if you are not black (im not) then guess what?
You will NEVER go to those neighborhoods cuz you dont know any fucking body there and have no need to go there anyway!
Seriously, don't lump the good parts in with the trash.
Here's a tip for anyone looking to move here: If you can afford $800/month rent for a Zero Bedroom Studio apartment, then there are PLENTY of GOOD (white) neighborhoods literally 5 minutes away from the heart of Downtown Chicago that you can live in.
I know because a girl I once dated lived in one.
Yes she was white, duh.
Sometimes it feels like gentrification arrived in chicago before segregation did.

and have chicago's economy go further into the tank than it is now due to all the illegals being kicked out of the country by trump?
do you even have a brain?

Gee I wonder where the whites live

>The violence is comically NONEXISTENT in MOST chicago neighborhoods.

It's the same here in metro Detroit (and everywhere else in the nation).

The city has averaged 400 murders per year since the 1970s while the predominantly White surrounding suburbs, rarely have any at all and when we do end up with a murder, it's almost always a nigger from Detroit getting killed by another nigger from Detroit on our side of 8 Mile Rd.

Who cares?
They dont pay taxes
mow your own fucking lawn

Crossing over from the City of Chicago on the southeast side into Gary you enter an area with a much higher crime rate.

in its most simplistic, basic form: YES.
But there are reasons for every action or behavior by anyone.
But nobody on this site cares about those because everyone just gets a good laugh from MUH DINDU IZ DOIN NUTHINNNN...
But if you're smart, and for some reason I think you MIGHT BE, then you already know the problem is more complex and nuanced than that.

when's the last time you rolled your own burrito?
or cleaned your work bathroom at your job?
or flipped that chicken patty in the sandwich you stuffed your fat face with this morning?

The numbers are actually deceiving. Having traveled to almost every major city in the US I can tell you first hand that Chicago is gorgeous, safe and world class.

In fact for being such a huge place it's surprising affordable and clean. People love to brag about NYC but I thought it was dirty and smelled like garabge and piss everywhere. It's too crowded.

Those idiots killing eachother everyday generally stick to themselves in Chicago. It's all they know as sad as that is. Stay away from ghetto parts and odds are you'll be amazed how nice Chicago is.

Basically this. People fail to realize how insanely segregated Chicago is. Though it's spilled over this year on a few occasions which isn't normal. It's still just black on black murder who just happened across their invisible barrior. In chicago you have rich as fuck neighborhoods right next to extremely dangerous ones. I have no idea how it works but it seems to.

Chicago is nice for living. World class city without the insane expense of America's other top cities, not that it's cheap or anything in its own right.

>mfw fags are responding v srsly

I see liberals who went to college for stupid degrees doing that stuff all the time.

Well you said common sense, so I'm on board. What is your grand vision. What is your definition of "common sense gun control?"

Let's decimate the long term forever because of some short term problems. It's not like 500 people are getting murdered a year just in Chicago and half of black people don't even have jobs. Oh wait.

>that fucking warzone in the middle of the city
Probably safer in Mogadishu.

>Mayor Rahm Emanuel said on Friday of Chicago's homicide rate. "It's not just about more police, but it will include that. But it's also about more resources for our children, more resources for our neighborhoods and stiffer laws that reflect the values of our city."

we need more money for dem programs

iz dat sum cool-aid mang? niggas be wastin cool-aid now?
seriously though, barack obama is the unclest of the tom's

>middle of the city

That'd be what's called the loop. It has a whole 1 murder and I'd love to see the details on even that 1.

>complex and nuanced
The liberal's go to excuse. Faced with uncomfortable facts they say the problem is too complex to be solved.

>Hmmm, i wonder where the MULTIPLE Chicago area gangs are getting their guns from?
>HMMMMMMMM I WONDER....

Obama?
You?
Eric Holder?

Is this a trick question CTR?

Girls on the floor

nice country man, looking reeeal good

No, the one that's just east of Chicago Lawn I can't even read it because it has so many homicides.

Gotta keep their population in check somehow. Abortion alone can't do it.

Come to think of it why did we stop having the Chiraq police scanner threads?

That was some quality entertainment.

I wouldn't feel comfortable living anywhere near that city.

jew city reaps the rewards of liberal urban policy

How's texas doing these days again?

>In chicago you have rich as fuck neighborhoods right next to extremely dangerous ones. I have no idea how it works but it seems to.

And this is why I would never fucking live there. I don't want have to avoid streets and areas of my city. Fuck that.

Wow. I can believe I read that last line with a straight face. You fuckers from the Northside are either beer-swelling, bratwurst stuffing fat fucks who use their constant arm-pit sweat as lubrication to jerk off during Bears games, and still believe Commodore-64 is the newest video game system. Or, you're a bunch of rich blue-pilled cucks who pay niggers and their fight dogs to fuck your wives. Fuck off. Please fuck the fuck off.

>It is a complex problem with multidimensional facets to it

>The 13 killed brought the city’s skyrocketing homicide total to 512 – already well past the 491 logged in 2015.

BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER BLACK LIVES MATTER

MO

even whites are dangerous

nuke Chicago already

not even detroit is that bad

detroit's downtown is safer than chicago's downtown

MONEY

Chicago already has it

>But there are reasons for every action or behavior by anyone.

And those actions and behaviors are specifically the result of Black-American culture.

Guns have nothing to do with it and never have, all "gun control" does is restrict the rights of the already law abiding non-Blacks who ain't the fucking problem.

This is not a national problem and that all Americans need to fix, it is a problem reserved almost exclusively to Blacks and wholly because of uncivilized Black behavior.

And it must be pointed out these mosts of these shootings are NOT because of some crime like muggings or car jackings, it's nothing more than violent young nigger males shooting each other because they were slighted in some way.

Black-Americans need to get their shit together, it's not the responsibility of the rest of America.

What a fucking piece of shit Rahm is. Yeah lets blame it on the few people trying to do fuck all for that city. Not the feral niggers fault at all.

500 isn't enough

hopefully it doubles in 2017

And I want to hear your suggestions for what to do when Trump loses...

ISIS is on the verge of total defeat, faggot.

The why perp run away?

CHIRAQ!!!!!

Chifag here, police have been lax on niggers due to overtime, but that laxeness results in these headlines.

>check Poland homicide statistics from 2015
>502 killed

Fuck off you liberal slime, there's more, "common sense" gun laws here out the ass more than any other city or state and we have these fucking headlines. It's npt the "gun" part that's the issue, it's the violence part, AKA, niggers and dumb libs like you.

Pretty chill downtown these days, it's the southern, greater northern, and western parts of the city.

does Poland count gypsy on gypsy murder?

What happened

Why?

kids pants on the right look like something out of tron legacy

>belt
>slacks
>pants not sagging
>collared shirt

Tragic.

Hey, that's where Obama did all his Community Organizing!

FO