When it's written with a bird, it's called a tweet

>When it's written with a bird, it's called a tweet.
Will Disney ever be funny again?

Why are people on here so averse to references to modern technology in kid's films?

People on here say that it makes the film too easy to date, but since when has that stopped a film from being popular or good? Back to the Future is still one of the most popular and watchable family films of all time and that leans hard on how 80's it is.

Who designed this guy's face, and how did it make it to the final cut?

In this case, it's because it takes place way in the past. Referencing modern technology and fads and stuff ruins immersion, as stupid as that may sound for an animated kids movie.

>Why are people on here so averse to references to modern technology in kid's films?
Because it comes across as a dad joke or a "how do you do fellow kids?" attempt at humor.

Considering the reaction that line got in my theater, they still are.

everyone in my theater laughed with that joke so the normies find it funny

will Sup Forums ever not get butthurt over the most innocuous pop culture jokes?

I guess I'm not watching that

You know damn well the answer to that question

Because the world is changing in ways that I don't like and that I'm convinced will end up hurting humanity as a whole.

>Sup Forums actually is defending pop culture jokes
Seriously, this board is fucking retarded.

it's literally the only one in the movie. and he said tweeting not tweet. tweeting can refer to a chirping noise, that a bird will most likely make when being molested anyway so...

You don't laugh at dad jokes?

I'll tell you why. I just watched Joyel Transylvania 2 last night and everytime they dated the movie with some kind of tecnology reference or pop song was the some of the most cringed stuff I've seen in an animated movie.

Tl;dr, don't date your movies with pop songs that are popular and tech references.

I assume Moana doesn't take place in the modern world...thus references to modern society feel out of place

That'll age about as well as MySpace jokes.

It's not like the reference is direct, though. It's a reference that trades on the audience knowing something that the characters do not. Maui doesn't know what Twitter is, but we do.

Basically, it depends on if you mind the film having that awareness that it's a film. I don't. I guess you guys do.

>Joyel
Fuck off phoneposter

It's still a bird joke though. Even if people don't know about the social media platform, tweeting+bird is still a connection people can make.

I mean, Aladdin had a shit load of those and is considered among the best of the Disney animation revival.

you're wearing a dress and you have an animal sidekick. you're a princess

>It's a joke about social media
>It's a joke about video games
>It's a joke about mobile phones
>It's a joke about personal computers
>It's a joke about traveling to space
>It's a joke about airplanes
>It's a joke about automobiles
>It's a joke about refrigerators
>It's a joke about radios
>It's a joke about telephones
>It's a joke about railroads
>It's a joke about steam engines
>It's a joke about telegraphs
>It's a joke about typewriters

Fucking sick of people making cheap pop technology jokes, when will they learn that these jokes don't stand the test of time.

You should aply yourself on the Please, Please, Pleeease Get A Life Foundation.

Yeah but Aladdin references things that people on Sup Forums either don't remember or enjoyed as kids.

It's only cringey for the first 15 years or so. After that Hotel Transylvania will be a treasure trove of knowledge and nostalgia for what was popular in the few months around its release.

Who thought that was an okay face to ... not 'draw' I guess, whatever you call it.
he looks like the fedora guy mixed with like every racist caricature ever

BTTF had a good reason to be
aladdin's genie had a good EXCUSE to reference shit from the future

if you dont even bother to explain it, then it's just hella gay
in this case though, from OP's description, it's more of a wink and a nod than a modern reference.

>racist caricature
obligatory go back to tumblr response

But it's nonsense without the twitter connection

so is the humor in the movie as shitty as it was in the trailers? disney animation trailers always suck ass. remember tangled?

>In this case, it's because it takes place way in the past.
What, like Aladdin?

A native and because it was a native.

Who marries a man she just met.

M8, they actually look like that, you have an argument for the girl because she is pretty much a generic brown colored female Pixar face.

He's a Pacific Islander, they tend to be fairly squat people with flat noses and thick faces.

Why would that be racist? Do you think that's a bad thing? Do you think it's bad for people to have non-European facial features?

>aladdin's genie had a good EXCUSE to reference shit from the future

Isn't Maui a demigod, though?

He's a magical being. If that's your justification for Genie knowing about the future, then surely it holds for Maui.

Not that it really matters anyway, the line doesn't depend on him having awareness of the future, just the audience.

Disney was never funny

>aladdin's genie had a good EXCUSE to reference shit from the future
because he was voiced by robin williams, thereby breaking immersion and distracting from the overall experience of the film by either reminding them that the film is just a cartoon or that is exists as a vehicle for standup and impressions

sorry, that was meant to be a question

*?

>again

Wow, did he seriously say that? Fucking dropped. I'm so done with this blatant SJW pandering.

You mean exactly like Aladdin?

but that is funny

fair enough

Dammit I forgot about theone time Disney was funny

I want to watch Kuzco now.

damn, time to rewatch.

is there a camrip out yet

Get out of my space, friendster

Wreck it Ralph 2 is going to be littered with internet memes.
In 2 years, Sup Forums is going to fit (again)

A lot of the visual comedy was good. It's just when anyone opens their mouth and some #literallyme shit where it falls apart.

>implying that shit company was ever funny in the first place

What are you babbling on about, chucklefuck. I saw you. You got high and laughed your head off and made an ass of yourself up near the front of the theatre.

>he said tweeting

Okay that actually makes the joke funny

PTSD from all the shitty poorly aged pop culture references in every movie in the early 00's.

>Seriously this board is fucking retarded.

Yet here you are. Again.
See you same time tomorrow?

Meh

But Maui is a demigod, so it makes more sense that he 'knows' about these things. Like Genie did.

Because in twenty years no one is going to know what any of it means.