Why are the Green Lanterns suddenly DC's equivalent of Jedis now?

Why are the Green Lanterns suddenly DC's equivalent of Jedis now?

I thought they were the equivalent of Jedi back in the Kyle era.
>An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age

The Jedi and Green Lantern Corp are both space cops in a certain sense. Jedi are obviously more Knights than cops but they both uphold peace and order if it's within their power to do so.

They were always DC's Jedi.

It's better this way

Is that Abin Sur ?

When isn't it Abin Sur?

Because it's all Lensman at the end of the day.

volthoom power ring also has a prison dimension inside the ring for all the deceased former wearers of the ring

>now

What the he'll do lanterns even do? Do they have restrictions on what they can police? Is war illegal? Why haven't they launched themselves at Mongul or Darkseid?

>suddenly

Why do you come to the comics board if you don't read comics?

you could at least try. They have fought mongul, the problem is he controls an entire planet and they can't just waltz in and dethrone and emperor then leave. Same with Darkseid, except Darkseid is even stronger.

>Mongul
...Really? Mongul and GL related characters fight often.

Mongul started a Superman villain, moved to a Green Lantern villain, and now he's a Green Lantern villain's villain. Sinestro has beat his ass like three times now then he took over Warworld

F

F

Green Lanterns came first the jedis are the knockoff

Yes

Apparently the only dead lanterns that meant anything significant to Hal were Abin Sur and Tomar Re

Is that, you know, wrong?

But they existed before Jedis so how could they always be Jedis if Jedis weren't there?

I guess not, now that I think about it

He was pretty tight with Katma Tui but she's more associated with John now

This.

They have fought many space tyrants, but this is comic books killing of good villians means you will have to create just as good a one every other issue.

They are basically space UN.

He was too good for us.

Man I want to get back into green lantern, but Dc keeps shitting them out so fast I can't keep up.

F

Right now it's just two books

Right now is pretty ok, I mean sure Hal is kind of dead but clearly he will be back soon and hopefully getting together with Sora, besides Baz and Jess are actually pretty funny to read.
Sadly it seems Kyle will be present in the next issues of HJGLC.

Hal is barely human anymore, he likely has the power to respawn.

At least John isn't marining a lot.
Guy's arc when?

Green Lanterns were a lot of things.

Hal's most recent fight with Sinestro was very DBZ-esque powerlevel silliness (I mean this in a good way).

Considering D*sney has thoroughly butchered the actual Jedi setting, somebody's got to pick up the slack.

>suddenly
>galactic peace keepers who get power from emotions
>they can fall to the dark side of the emotional spectrum
They were always Jedi

>DC making me cry over a fucking fly
God damn you fuckers

>Disney
>Not Lucas
Prequel apologists need to be culled en masse

F