Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams

What did you think of the first episode, Sup Forums?

>tfw no Teep gf

bretty good, the production values were nice and I liked that the normies were ultimately right to fear the teeps. I feel like normally in this kind of story normal humans are just always wrong assholes.

looking forward to Bryan Cranston's episode

It was pretty good, but the ending was kind of cliche

>Muh heart is different from muh thoughts

i feel like this is gonna get canceled real quick because it has no buzz, maybe it'll get more attention when it comes out on amazon but seems like a shame that a Phillip K Dick anthology series run by Ronald "In the Pale Moonlight" Moore doesn't get more hype.

I liked the 70s aesthetic

side note, images not loading for anyone else?

there's a tv show based of this? holy shit where have I been?

just started in the UK on Sunday, Amazon isn't distributing it in the US until next year so it's a bit under the radar

It's a 10 episode anthology show. First episode came out a couple of days ago.

his outfit reminds me of that alt history miniseries that came out recently, SS-GB

probably have the same costume department

I'm a monster PKD fan that spends all day shitposting on the internet and I literally am just finding out this exists. Bravo marketing.

I knew this was being made a year ago

I heard when ti was first announced as a Cranston project but have hear nothing since.

Cranston is only in one episode

As much as I love Dirk's works, I didn't enjoy much this first episode. I just hope the rest of them are better :)

Boring garbage. I mean, P.K.D wasn't much of a writer in the sense of having literature merit like the great western authors, but he was a great idea man but they're explored terribly here.

Kind of weak choices aren't they? I get not doing not doing epics like Ubik or Palmer Eldritch that would require a monster budget and a movie length episode but why so much of his corny 50's pulp stuff?

I would kill for Faith of Our Fathers.

if the first season is successful, they may get a bigger budget for season 2

Probably because copyrights for using them in a tv-show script are cheaper?

I just remember he was announced as Producer. I didn't know he was in any of them.

Ubik is a novella, you need more than 45 min to properly tell that story

I can't read never mind

What's the best book of PKD short stories?

It's tough because he wrote a billion short stories and they're collection in a billion collections with tons of overlap. The best choice is probably Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick.

Tbh his short stories often pale in comparison to his novels. Usually when he was on to a really great idea he would put it aside to expand upon it in a full novel. A lot of his short stories were just to pay the bills.

Lucrezia is cute!

would love to spunk on holliday grainger's fat face.

Well I've read Ubik and loved that

I watched the new show Strike just for her. SHE A CUTE

It was great. I'm a sucker for the whole cyberpunk psychic thing.

i liked it and am interested to see the other short stories, but the teeps were assholes in the end, like they have a right to read minds

i don't know if you could call it cyber punk, they implied that tech had vanished or was made illegal or something. Perhaps a nuclear war

Teeps were the next step in human evolution

yeah I get that, but the main cop could also be considered that, "next step". each species is always changing to better adapt to a new environment.

What makes humans special is we don't need genetic change to adapt, we can build and create in response to our needs and environment, take the hood maker for example, he leveled the playing field

>another dick adaptation
How's man in high castle? Will I it if I read the book?

It's a very loose adaptation of the novel that's probably the least indicative of PKD's work. Outside of that it's a pretty mediocre show.

The world is really cool and it has some great supporting characters but the leads are dull

Any good torrents out?

There.s a 1.8 GB rip