Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d5kpXhq5nHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember when this show was funny?

>Norm MacDonald
>funny

No trolling outside of Sup Forums user

name a comedian you like, no ironic answer please

What's the reason for chairs that high? Is it a power move?

>duuude not every norm episode gives me a meme a minute to keep my oxytocin flowing who are these old people lmao

so they can fit the norm macdonald live sign on the desk

The Seinfeld episode was a return to form, even though it was missing jokes. Unfortunately most of the guests since the show has come back just aren't conducive to Norm at his best... and yeah, he seems pretty Xan'd out for some of them.

i love Norm but out of the new eps, i only really enjoyed the Mike Tyson one. all the others he was too zonked out or were just uninteresting. this new one i just felt sad

Rich Little was terrific and Norm has hardly been happier and more involved

Norm is hilarious normally, but he's the worst interviewer I've ever heard. The podcast is a total waste of his talent.

Why do they still continue this shit show honestly

I do, the old podcast was often epically hilarious. If you need proof find ones where Gilbert Godfried was on.

This new season has been PAINFUL to listen to though. The Seinfeld one is maybe the most cringe awkward uncomfortable thing I've ever heard. Toward the end it seemed Norm was going to sleep.

>The Seinfeld one is maybe the most cringe awkward uncomfortable thing I've ever heard
i had to shut it off

>oxytocin

are you sure that's the one?

The very first episode with Super Dave is still to this day the best one. Right from the get-go when Super interrupts the chit-chat between Norm and Adam Egret.

someone tell norm to lay off the xananx holy shit.

Now don't laugh at this next part

AFRICAN AMERICANS

Based norm

Nick Mullen

He certainly seems to be oddly knowledgeable in Jewconomics and the holohoax.

He said "no ironic answers."

Mullen was a good watch. I found Nick to be an interesting person. Same with with Catlin Starkashian. He looks like a female ghoul, but it was interesting to hear him talk about all the trans bullshit i usually just ignore and call degenerate.

I still find the episode where he had the 11/10 jew as a guest, the dude from TBBT. Norm was fucking unhinged and didnt give two shits about him. Its when norm has a reverence for the guest the humor stops.

It seems like Adam Eget has more time to talk in the newer episodes. No wonder people don't like them.

Anyone else disagree with the meme that the newer episodes aren't as good? I think people are looking back with rose tinted glasses.

it's not even a meme. they're not as good. Norm can barely speak he's so full of pills. it's hard to watch him like this

me.
most are the same... it's a talk show like any other, ups and downs. the last seasons had some 'boring' ones too. i liked em all, but i'm also an adult who doesn't start reeeing if my fidget spinner is out of reach for more than 2 seconds.

I get why episodes like letterman or seinfeld aren't as funny as the older episodes. I'm still surprised he was able to book them.
But then low profile people like cho or lee should be able to be good guests

sarah silverman episode was just the todd glass one but not funny

He jokes about Alan Greenspan and makes a casual "so many jews" comment at the White House Correspondence Dinner.

youtube.com/watch?v=d5kpXhq5nHM

Its not really a meme though. Norm sperged out with his book and took 2 years off, and the episodes are not released in the order they were shot, Cho (this one) was clearly first. But whatever. The real problem is the guests. He has amazing fucking guests now, and Norm cant fucking handle it. He is too respectful, something he wasnt when he had his bum comedian friends on.

i personally loved the seinfeld one. they were both laughing and telling jokes, the conversation was genuinely interesting

the rest this season were eh. the letterman one was super weird, it's like they lost all the chemistry they used to have when norm would appear on his show

This episode was a new low. Why the fuck did Norm want Margaret Cho of all people as a guest? Wasn't funny. Wasn't interesting. Just boring fucking shit. Plus some fucking douchebag I dunno who he was but I wanted to punch him right in the fucking face.

so go to BLACKED dot com slash NORM and use the promo code NORM to get 15 percent off your first purchase

sounds great!

that's BLACKED dot com slash NORM, promo code, NORM

*static*

I kind of don't want to watch this episode

Outside of Rich Little and Seinfeld this season has been really bad. Norm seems to be doing his best Larry King on Xanax impression. The deep, grumbled questions about serious shit reek of self-importance, which I think might be Norm's greatest flaw.

He wants to emulate the great russian novelists he looks up to, or be the next John Kennedy Toole, but got discouraged and deleted his whole novel like he mentioned in the Cho episode. Now he's letting his more serious artistic passions and frustrations bleed into the podcast and it's awful. The fact that the jokes have been cut out of most of the episodes this season are telling enough.

That isn't to say that Based on A True Story wasn't a really good comedic novel with pathos and wit and all that. I liked it and I hope he doesn't give up on writing. Just leave the serious shit to the books and keep the podcast funny and irreverent.

He has to deal with a noted holocaust denier on a regular basis

He still overvalues legacy media so he's trying to get a tv talk show like instead of just using the internet as the end itself (which can still promote your other ventures)

Didn't find the friendly /jre/ or podcast thread so just wanted to say the Bret Weinstein and Jordan Peterson episode was really freaking good

Norm seems out of it for a lot of these unlike previous seasons. not bringing as much energy or playfullness

Super Dave > margaret chow

I don't know what any of that means, but it sounds fucking retarded

He's taking way too many xanax, I mean Rich Little is still sharp but Norm looked retarded next to a 79 year old man

I've given up on this now. I don't care about the guests I just liked it when Norm was funny. If the guest was also funny, like Super Dave or Gilbert Gottfried, that was just a bonus. So-called legends like Seinfeld and Letterman are actually much less funny than those two and as a non-American I have no interest in them all

This season is great but this episode was bad. Maybe it's bc it was their first one back as they kept saying, and we're rusty, but it never gelled. Norm was not for whatever reason interested in Cho's career, at all, which is fine, but why book her?

I'm listening to the Rich Little one right now and it's great. Norm is actually fully awake and engaged (since he's obviously in awe of one of his heros).

you got to be retarded not to see the difference. he's clearly holding back in all of the new episodes and trying to be an interviewer. the guest is the protagonist in the new season, as opposed to the previous episodes.

Because he treats them like he's supposed to interviewing them for some reason instead of talking shit with them.

>you got to be retarded not to see the difference
Ah yes, the sentence construction of a true aesthete, whose opinion on media i hold in high esteem.

thank god margaret cho is wearing long sleeves, she's fucking disgusting.

This, if i can't fap to his guests,then whats the point?. Jack Carter was pushing it.

what's wrong with its construction?
also, who set the standard for determining what good sentence structuring is when talking about "media"?

you're the same dude in the NM threads that defends this travesty of a season every single time.

fuck off contrarian shit. this is garbage. deal with it.

>When he says that Jerry has eyes that are eternal, he is possibly referring to an antisemitic book written by Henry Ford called The Eternal Jew

Tyson is alright but you can't understand what he is saying 90% of the time and also every single joke goes over his head.

>contrarian
>for unironically enjoying something
Wew

the only new ep I've re-watched was the dana carvey one, and that's mostly just dana talking.

The god damn jews ruined this season

Not that user but couldnt make it through that one either, stopped bothering with this season after that and seinfeld.

not really

I didnt even know who last weeks guest was, or care to see it then thats how bad its gotten.

the one were mick jagger fucked a frog

>he enjoys the profound life stories from compelling guests such as margaret cho, sarah silverman and dana carvey

what's there to enjoy? it's the same boring shit heard over and over again.
this used to be a show where guests weren't really important. it was about norm sperging out every 10 mins. that was its appeal

he said juice

This show has always been weak except for the very beginning, to be honest. The first season had a couple of good episodes, and a lot of memorable moments. 80% of season 2 is garbage as far as I'm concerned, and season 3 is shaping up the same way.
It's disappointing of course, but if you look at all of the episodes together, season 3 doesn't really follow any abnormal trend.

dollar shave club is actually a good service though

unless you really like buying shitty fucking single blade plastic razors

You're right. The Mike Tyson episode was one of the best as well, so it definitely hasn't been a linear decline

>dollar shave club is actually a good service though

can you give me a rundown, seriously, is it actually that cheap?

>it was about norm sperging out every 10 mins. that was its appeal

Interesting. Besides Norm's irreverence and the in-jokes, I like hearing comedy and show business anecdotes and insight, which I thought was part of the appeal.

no. it's not even one dollar from the beginning. it's like a columbia house subscription.

it was literally the worst episode norm has ever done.

Uhhh, have you seen the rest of the season?

That is part of the appeal, except for add riddle millennials who only want fast and hard memes every 30 seconds.

again with the contrarianism. there's NOTHING interesting about the same old fucking BORING snl stories.
the quality of the episode correlates strongly with how frequently SNL is referenced.

>Sup Forums turning on Norm just like they turned on Joe Rogan

So basically most Norm "fans" here heard him do a few Hitler jokes, thought he was great, then started to dislike him when they realized his entire act isn't composed of Hitler jokes. Gotcha.

take the steven merchant episode as an example. they talk about merchant's career, but the humour is constant and relentless. now compare that to the new episodes.
there's literally NOTHING there. two hours of sarah silverman and i haven't learned anything or laughed once.

keep being a le oldfag sophisticated gentleman who enjoys le showbiz stories and not just le edgy jokez like the kids xD

kill yourself you fucking faggot

Quality post.

I take way more painkillers than Norm and I'm perfectly fine. Ask me anything.

>I like hearing comedy and show business anecdotes and insight, which I thought was part of the appeal.

Well I'm English and couldn't care less about American showbusiness. Norm is one of about five North Americans who actually makes me laugh, so it's frustrating when the comedy is sidelined in favour of these dull interviews

stop annoying me every tuesday retard

>Well I'm English and Norm is one of about five North Americans who actually makes me laugh
And who, pray tell, are the other four, mate?

>hurr I could care less about american showbusiness
>NOW WHY ISN'T THIS AMERICAN SHOWBUSINESS MAN CARING TO MY EVERY DEMAND

I swear to god so many people on ths site are such entitled, hypocritical cunts

There's NOTHING you can do about it

he reminded me what a writhing cunt jerry seinfeld really is. right from the first second, giving the guy shit about a 10 second countdown.

'seriously? every number? ...wow'
*shakes head*

what an arrogant pompous douche.

i'm going to keep calling you out on your faggy contrarianism every single time

Nathan Fielder, Super Dave (discovered via the Norm podcast), Steven Wright, Andy Kaufmann, probably a few more that I can't remember. I don't like Hicks, Carlin, Seinfeld, Letterman, O'Brien, Louie CK or any African Americans

you're conflating a couple different anons btw you autistic dink

Maybe if I CAPITALIZE a few WORDS in my SENTENCE, I can CONVINCE you OTHERWISE

lmao

But you could say this season has gone from shit to fucking shit.

Thanks for sharing your terrible opinion.

>his characterization of Norm is based one like 8 episodes of a podcast he did much later in his career
teehee

Calm down mate. I just don't like the shift in tone of the series since the beginning. I got hooked when the podcast was a vehicle for Norm's banter and jokes and now it has turned into a bog standard American chat show, so I don't like it any more

holy moly

Then why are you in this thread? Just so you can bitch and complain?

Well, you have good taste, yet also awful taste, with no rhyme or reason i can discern, but i guess that's how taste works. Appreciate the response though. Just finished Toast of London with the hilarious Matt Berry and rewatching it already- I went ahead and assumed you liked him bc he's your countryman, and you better honestly.

His inability to downvote leads to a sort of derangement, very common among Reddit tourists, many such cases. Sad!

Did anyone have that site where you can sign up and get a free audiobook as a welcoming gift? (and obviously choose his).

Audible dot com?

Someone posted it a few weeks ago, I lost the mega link for it tho