Every Simpsons Ever: Thread #2

gamenguide.com/articles/72549/20161123/the-simpsons-latest-news-updates-fxx-network-will-have-a-second-simpsons-marathon-to-start-on-thanksgiving-day.htm

>Now playing: Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

>Next: Bart's Dog Gets an F

Other urls found in this thread:

simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_C._(character)
youtube.com/watch?v=-CDso8qlX1U
youtube.com/watch?v=65XSHM3jlAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was there ever another episode with Unky Herb after this one?

I'm only on this ride until Stark Raving.

It's the only episode I have a soft spot for.

The one where he makes a baby translator.

Yes

I recognized them, but I'm a Britbong so it's possible we have a bit more awareness of the show.

To be honest, I never actually saw why the episode was so hated. Unlike something like that fucking dreadful one with Kid Rock, it didn't have any particularly obnoxious celebrity cameos or bad jokes. Is it just because it was very surreal?

Reminds me I gotta just record episodes I need to see when I'm fighting for my job and life at Walmart.

Happy thanks giving!

no damn stream still

Oh yeah, that's another weird episode to watch in 2016. Mr. Burns sending Homer to an asylum because of his pink shirt, and all the kids being into Michael Jackson.

If you're old enough there's a good chance Americans recognize them. The Prisoner and Tom Baker Doctor Who reruns were big on PBS in the 80s

Oh, for a second I thought I missed the first one.
Is there one after the baby translator? That's what I meant.

Like have sex for money

When they get to seasons 9-10 the ratings are going to drop like crazy, right?

Pretty sure this is from the last few years

Is it something to do with Grandpa Simpson and Cotton HIll's generation to have sons out of wedlock? I got a half-brother too, but I've never met him.

>Mr. Burns sending Homer to an asylum because of his pink shirt

I still think that's weird.

But I haven't watched the episode in years and I think even in-show it was meant to be ridiculous.

Yes.

Cause no sane person is gonna take in all that zombified mess at once.

Though this makes me wonder, Is there some human being out their right now planning on watching every episode having little to no sleep for 13 days straight? It almost sounds like a world record social experiment.

I'd say most Americans knew it through Patrick McGoohan. If you were a fan of his work, and he was prolific in the 70s and 80s, you new about The Prisoner.

THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO MICHIGAN

>tfw I'll undoubtedly miss this one

You could get away with back then I guess. No social media so its not that easy to track people down. Also men had more power over a relationship. The women needed a bread winner so it was not always an easy decision to break up with your husband since you were just a home maker.

People back then had nothing to do besides listen to radio, read, TV, work, sleep, and fuck.

It certainly would be a world record.

if the Simpson gene makes the men stupid, how do they explain why Herb is so smart?

but I guess hiring your half brother you just met to design a car is pretty stupid

Every generation has had wasteful people or people who don't spend sensibly.

You're talking like a bitter old man.

Maybe it needs an epigenetic trigger, one that Abe provided for Homer, and Homer provides for Bart, Lisa and Herb.

Not really. The first time they did this 2-3 years ago the ratings were strong throughout.

Because The Simpsons spans multiple generations so the episode you find shitty is gold to someone else.

I'm already pulling an all-nighter right now so I could jump on if I found a stream I guess.

Has anyone ever died from lack of sleep while not doing anything particularly exhausting? Like just sitting down, watching TV, and not sleeping? Would that kill me?

So does Herb never show up again after this episode?

Yeah, you get blood cots and shit

>Because The Simpsons spans multiple generations so the episode you find shitty is gold to someone else.

So what you're saying is, people from newer generations have shit taste?

ITT: Simpsons celebrity guest stars that you have no memory of.
simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Joe_C._(character)

>Missing out on Golden Age Simpsons

You have no heart, user

Like once more, then never ever again forever.

IIRC he has a voice cameo in a zombie episode

Honestly, if someone offered me one for free, I'd drove The Homer.

I remember that scene but I had no idea that was a real person.

Bed sores hurt, user.

Why do you think people need physical therapy after being bed ridden for more than a week?

Herb is unmarried. The trigger is likely settling down.

The saddest thing about Homer and Marge's backstory is that Marge left a promising life to enable and coddle a buffoon.

I get you.

So, if I jury rig a machine to keep me moving for like 8 hours of the day, would that help? Like hook up some strong strings to a motor and my limbs and make me do a constant walk cycle?

I wish Marge did art more.

I know that's coming up soon but it should have come up more.

So the whole moral of the Simpsons is.

Don't settle because you feel sorry for someone who's a lovable doofus.

They made an episode in season 3 where Homer helps Herb got back his fortune.

Unfortunately, Zombie Simpsons ruined this in recent episode where he loses his fortune again.

Taste changes. The Honeymooners, All in the Family, and Married with Children were similar groundbreaking shows but opinion on which is better varies wildly.

That business with the video game is pretty much what we have now with DVD players.

Pretty much the bubble as well come to think of it.

Three words: worst. episode. ever.

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

Cup holders have also gotten larger to accommodate 40+ oz drink cups too

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY!

Herb was quite a dick. He can really only get mad at himself for letting Homer design a car without restrictions.

AAAALLLLLL, LET'S HAVE SEEEEEEEX

Man the ending of Brother, Where Art Thou always depresses me.

God dammit Homer.

What about New Coke?

The Homer isn't really all far off from the direction American auto manufacturers went with SUVs.

>It's a Santa's Little Helper episode

>why are all this boys named Corey

Fucking Pedowood

What?

Where did Ned work at this time?

Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, they got molested by Hollywood execs

Some times you just have to spoy yourself
spoy yourself
spoy yourself
spoy yourself

>Troy McCluer voiced by Dan

Weird

I am aware of that, I have seen An Open Secret. But where did the
>why are all this boys named Corey
Come from?

So why hasn't Feldman told anyone who raped him already? It's not like he has anything left to lose.

>the quilt square with the union soldier getting shot

kek

Probably doesn't want to go through all of the shit again. Probably got buggered by some old fuck who might already be dead, too.

>Threatens to tell everyone
>Gets paid off
>???
>Profit

Repeat

I forgot how many early episodes were based around the Simpsons living on a tight budget, despite Homer making a decent income as a power plant technician.

Marge is unemployed. BUT BEING A HOUSEWIFE IS SO MUCH HARDER, AM I RIGHT?

Why was Thatcher so based bros?

I WAS

tbf in their case it is

Homer saving that cookie rather than inhaling it on the way home seems off.

The idea of a dog destroying priceless family heirlooms triggers me super hard

On the way home? I'm surprised he didn't eat it on the spot.

Is that the new Flanders commercial?

Leaving the store would count as going home.

THAT'S NOT A FUCKING BEEF WELLINGTON YOU DAFT CUNT

Good times

youtube.com/watch?v=-CDso8qlX1U

PULL THE STRING

IT'S RAAAAAAAW

>the Bea episode
Fuck, I'm not ready for this.

>Bea Simmons
>Mindy Simmons

Did they intend for them to be related, or is this a coincidence?

Florence Henderson just died ;_;

Who is the Larry Davis Band? That's another thing I've noticed about this marathon.

Probably just a coincidence because it's a common name.

I remember seeing "Simmons" in another episode as a background detail as one of the plant worker's names, but it was long before the Mindy episode and closer to this one.

No she didn't

Checks... fuck RIP in peace. tfw you will never fuck your tv mom like Greg Brady

WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEAAAA

I always really liked Herman for some reason.

>They may say she died of a burst ventricle, but I know she died of a broken heart

>Died November 24th, 2016.

My God. RIP

Herman really got screwed over.

Really an interesting character you'd think could be used in a lot of different ways, except he never really was.

I am heading to bed after this episode. Its been fun and I will see you guys tomorrow.

>joker in line

>You're the guy who owns the nuclear power plant

Why didn't he recognize somebody that fucked him over in the war?

>You've made a powerful enemy, old man.

Huh, come to think of it, Burns might have been intended to be younger than Abe when this was made.

>caring about continuity
>on the fucking Simpsons

Was that Frink's first appearance?

youtube.com/watch?v=65XSHM3jlAY

In later episodes its entailed they were both in the war together at the same age.

This episode was one of the better ones.