Revenge of the Sith was the last good Star Wars movie

Revenge of the Sith was the last good Star Wars movie.

>Revenge of the Sith
>good Star Wars movie

It's simultaneously the best and the worst of the series.

poetry

It's not even the best out of the prequels, Phantom Menace was.

>Phantom Menace was
Why?

A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are the only actually good films, everything else is absolute trash.
If it wasn't for the Luke vs Vader confrontation, Return of the Jedi would be an equally embarassing trash as the prequels.

This is true

b8

It had Liam Neeson in it, who managed to give a life to his character. Contrast with Anakin, who is really bad in every scene he is in.
It had politics and plots by Sheev, but none of them were really as retarded as in the other movies, and they neither overstayed their due, nor broke my suspension of disbelief.
It had real sets, green screen was not as overused.
The core of the film was an adventure, not some cringey love story where I struggle not to hate both characters. No "Jedi can't love" plot that's only there because Lucas had a nasty divorce.

I mean, I guess it had Jar-Jar in it, but he was actually less annoying than emo Anakin from episode 2.

This but unironically

Rogue One is better than Ep 1 and 2, if that counts.

objectively wrong opinion

It definitely had the best dialogue. To this day I can still quote it.

Sets and practical effects being used instead of bad miniatures poorly keyed onto green screen.
Pod racing and the planet core felt like star wars.
It's biggest problem is having Anakin as a little kid and not a young teen, and obviously Jar Jar.

>he was actually less annoying than emo Anakin from episode 2.
I just rewatched phantom menace yesterday and want to reassert that nothing is more annoying than jar jar.

>Rogue One is better than--
rogue one was awful

And you forgot the fact that The Phantom Menace has one of the most iconic soundtracks, and equally iconic sound design (which basically made the podracing so remembered)

It's the best star wars so movie .

Reddit: the opinion

SHEEEEEEEEV

You underaged faggots just like it because of le memes and the video games

all these autists parroting that phantom menace was the worst because "le jar jar". it's a solid movie besides the 2 stupid quirks. yeah jar jar was for kids and the gungans are shit. we get it. nobody likes them, they're also not the entire movie. that's the definition of cherry picking out of an otherwise good movie. darth maul is easily the most liked villain in star wars besides vader. the sets, casting, music, pacing is all great. even the people who pretend to hate it know it isn't that bad. and no, this isn't a pasta.

RotS should have been 3 movies
Start the trilogy where it starts, nobody needs to see vader as an annoying kid or a whiny teenager, and then gradually have the war change him properly over the course of 3 movies so it doesn't go from "I'm not letting illegally execute this criminal" to "KILL ALL THE CHILDREN" in the span of 10 minutes

I like that. We'd see a hero facing moral challenges. Anakin can face some choices, but still justify himself being a Jedi and being in the right, Obi-Wan could hear some suspicions murmured, even by the Jedi council questions about Anakin and Obi-Wan be like "Not my bro, he'd never do that".
Also the third movie Obi-Wan duels a new unknown enemy and loses, the enemy reveals he's Anakin, it breaks Obi-Wans mind and heart, he dissociates Anakin from Darth Vader because it was such a tremendous blow. (I am your father /I was Anakin by the way)

You're delusional if you think Attack of The Clones is better than anything

Attack of the clones has the superior sound design. The sonic mines and the speeder chase in the beginning are 11/10 examples of sound design.
Not that PT isn't great, especially with the sound track, but holy shit I have to gives Clones SOMETHING.

>>oh annie bobanni.. hold me like you did back on naboo before all this...

kek. good. kekekek.

You know, the biggest problem with the sequel trilogy is lack of EU. Clone Wars launched its own huge subfranchise continuing Anakin and Obi-wan's story between films. Even Phantom Menace had novels showing Anakin as Obi-wan's young apprentice and even Qui-gon novels showing him training Obi-wan. It made the series much larger and gave the characters depth. Despite knowing Anakin's fate from the start, he still became a far more interesting character than Rey. Despite the mystery surrounding her, she's just so bland.

AOTC had the potential to be great. The romance though

>lack of EU.
Not really. There was no real EU for star wars until a decade after Return of the jedi. (That's false but show of hands here who knows what Mt. Yoda is or who triclops is?)
I also am sure I remember some user's defending TFA claiming a lot of the backstory for the galaxy is told in disney's nu-eu.

i like episode 3 because it gave us the FULL SHEEV EXPERIENCE

>The Empire Strikes Back was the last good Star Wars movie.

I REALLY hate the official padawan look. An awful 90's high top and a rat tail on the side of your head. Fucking hell. Might as well have all been rocking mullets.

GET THE PADME STRETCHER

I actually didn't mind the romance much. Was it realistic? No. But it's like a fantasy romance between knight and princess. Star Wars is fantasy, so I didn't mind it. Hayden was also clearly channeling James Dean under Lucas' direction.

What I didn't like was how quickly Anakin turned in RotS. Like the other poster said, he went from questioning killing Dooku to killing younglings in a half hour of screen time. We already saw Anakin's darkness in AotC, but it could have been done much more realistically. His choices didn't feel like a natural progression.

Well I'm a nineties kid, so that's what I grew up on. Watched the OT as a young kid and read Thrawn trilogy in middle school. But at least the prequels had tons of content surrounding them even while the trilogy was still ongoing. Disney EU has a book about Leia in the Senate five years before VII. Luke, Han and Kylo don't show up and the First Order is an implied shadow villain at the edge of the galaxy. It's well written, but only distantly connects to the films. Compare that to Clone Wars which directly connected the story of the films. Big difference.

HIIIIIIGH GROUND!!!!!!

I actually think a valid excuse for Anakin's immediate decision to slaughter children in such a short amount of time was because his fear of losing Padme was increasing. I also like the fantasy romance. It's supposed to be like you're watching a play. That's the point. But of course Lucas could have done better with the prequels overall.

>Duh all the characters are forgettable muh qui gon
>FORCE AWAKENS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER

Why nobody brings the fact that every fight on the original trilogy is kind of lame? Episode I had the best fight scene DESU.

Wrong. The last good Star Wars movie will be the last one of this trilogy. In 5 years, when the one after the trilogy comes out. And that ones gonna be the last good one after the one after comes out

Well yeah, I've always thought this. It was great seeing the fight choreography in the prequels. Another big problem with the sequels is that they didn't bring back Jedi, so no awesome lightsaber battles. Is love to see an Old Republic film with Jedi and Sith armies facing each other.

Yeah, like a play, exactly. But most people don't seem to get this.

Anyone want to see an alien take a starring role in the films? The sequel only has Chewie again. But I wouldn't mind the next film starring a Twi'lek for example. I just read Darth Plagueis and despite starring a Munn I could still relate to the character.

IN ENGLISH, DOC

You're delusional if you think genuine plagiarism is better than anything

>starring a Twi'lek
all of my yes

Exactly. I saw her actress at Disney World a few years ago. Not bad at all. Better than Rey at least.