Nu pennywise sucks

The reason this version blows so hard is because it looks like some goth kid trying his best to be extreme and scary.
The curry version looks and acts like some otherwordly entity that just floated into a nightmare of yours, not really tangible.

This one screams "cosplay" with it's intricate design and tryhard acting.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GvPHi4ro2YI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

waa waa waa

>gen z debate skills

>The curry version looks and acts like
an old overacting theater actor with a shitty makeup.
His first YOU'LL FLOAT TOO is cringe tier.

> tryhard acting
Not as tryhard as this low-tier bait, contrarian shitpost

>look how grown up of me to whine about a movie on Sup Forums

Nah, the original one is way more subtle.
Sometimes less is more.
The new one is constantly in your face, the old one is legit unsettling.

>The curry version looks and acts like some otherwordly entity that just floated into a nightmare of yours, not really tangible.
Except that's literally what Skarsgards potrayal was?

>look how grown up of me to defend a garbage flotw movie on Sup Forums and whinne about people discussing it with anything than utter praise 24/7
Either you're in the marketing department or just plain autistic.

>The original one is way more subtle
Nah

>waaa mommy he's a shill for the studio i swear

nice

What's with the webm?

One doesn't exclude the other.
Yeah new is a little bit trendish, all these new horror flicks show their influence. But old is cringe too.

Too subtle for you?

"The original was better"

>Except that's literally what Skarsgards potrayal was?
Not really. He's overacting too much.
The new pennywise is literally what morons think is "scary", the old one is haunting in how "off" he is.
The plain design and the bizzare acting from curry elevate the old version.
The new version is just suicide squad joker blown to the extreme.

I've seen this exact webm posted a billion times.
How does great set design negate any points about the design and acting of the new pennywise being shit?

>The new pennywise is literally what morons think is "scary"
Neither is scary you fucking child.

>Using terms like Gen Z
*Cringe*

Another moron manchild who literally has no barrier between the movie and the contents of a movie.
Yes, having him lurk in the background and on grafittis is a neat thing but it is completely unrelated to how he's designed and acted out.
You know the actor didnt become a grafitti and stuck himself to a wall and neither did the costume designers.

You are such a pretentious cunt. When was the last time you watched the original? It's absolute trash and Curry's performance is slapstick tier. The fact that you call people morons who like the new one yet think Curry's potrayal is 'haunting' is embarrassing

The post only says the old one is haunting.
Seems like you're too moronic to properly read a twoliner.

>wah wah mommy the bad men on the internet dont like my new favourite movie
How about you grow a pair?

Imagine being this defensive over a shitty Stephen King adaptation

>says the guy about to pop a vein and get an aneurism from being so worked up that people perfer the old version
lmao

Was proving his point part of your master plan?

>one guy and his autistic rants
>people

Something in your post suggests that you're projecting your own frustrations, but I can't put my finger on it.

We can all agree to disagree. To each their own.

How do I become this hipster?

>says the guy about to pop a vein and get an aneurism from being so worked up that people perfer the old version
No one prefers the old version though except delusional nostalgia fags like you

why do you prefer the nu version?

Because tim curry wasn't scary and looked like a stupid normal clown
>inb4 derp him looking normal was more realistic and therefore scarier

I agree the new one was f***kin bad*ss could probably kick the old ones *ss lmao

i don't think either the old or the new one is especially scary, but the old tim curry one is considerably more unsettling and interesting to watch than the new edgelord

the old pennywise seems like a character from a dream. a dude who looks normal, but is out of place and doing wierd shit. the new pennywise just seems like a generic horror movie bad guy

>the old tim curry one is considerably more unsettling

Maybe, I don't know, because you saw it as a kid?

nah dude i'm just watching this stuff for the first time, tim curry's It seems more unsettling because it doesn't scream in your face that it's supposed to be "scary"

>nah dude i'm just watching this stuff for the first time
yeah sure

>Better acting from the kids
>kids themselves are more likeable
>Pennywise was good
>Great cinematography
>Lots of subtle stuff in the background

Oh and the movie mixes horror and comedy really well. It's legitimately funny instead of being 'so bad it's hilarious' like the mini-series

>great cinematography
ONE
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

prove you are a real man and not a numale
you can't

Is this supposed to be an argument or?

TWO
NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

it's true, i'm literally an european pleb and i haven't liked horror movies so i'm seeing youtube clips of the It for the first time

he's just mad his thread is shit

Nu-It is a jester, not a clown. How retarded does somebody have to be to get such a simple thing wrong? Fucking Jews.

He's literally what IT is in the book you stupid fuck

What did (You) mean by this?

Tim Currys it was just not scary or unsettling for me, the new one at least seems more in the right tone, the original felt kinda soap operaish. Curry was interesting in the subtlety, but I think it works better when it's less subtle which is why I prefer the new. It's a story about kids facing their fears so the one that goes for more of a scary tone as opposed to an unnerving one gets my approval more than the former

>There was a clown in the stormdrain. The light in there was far from good, but it was good enough so that George Denbrough was sure of what he was seeing. It was a clown, like in the circus or on TV. In fact he looked like a cross between Bozo and Clarabell,

Nu-IT fanboys, everyone.

>JUST
>GRIMDARK MY SHIT UP
Then again I'm glad Leto got to put his clown chops to good use elsewhere.

of course it is. Do you even know what staging is?

Personally I think it works because it's more believable that the kids are no longer afraid of him at the end.

calm down lol

Nu Pennywise > Curry

Why is Currywise so overrated here? Is it the classic contrarian autism or what?

god that lady in the background was the creepiest part of the film, i noticed her and at first figured it was some extra that they didnt bother fixing in post

Only Americans do this shit btw, you would be viewed as a madman or a severage mentally handicaped person if you tried classifying generations and giving them attributes like some unholy mix betwen zodiac signs and sociology

literally MUH NOSTALGIA

I said this yesterday, she's supposed to be Pennywise, her hair is his forehead.

>jester
A pierrot, to be precise.

people trying to defend currys IT as more believable seem to fail to realize IT is preying on children, subtlety and slightly off dont scare children as much as it does adults. he needed to be creepy looking and in their faces to get that delcious fear gas they keep shitting out everytime they saw him
it makes sense

now maybe it would make sense for a more tim curry like IT for the grownup versions. like they realize this silly dipshit is really what they were afraid of all those years

>ive never read the book but i know what happens in it because i want to win an argument

Nu-Pennywise is great. The movie just lacked "funny" clown scenes.

His best performance was when he was talking to Georgie about the circus, being on the T.V, and when he waved back at Mike with the dismembered hand.

Tim Curry's was great too, but his smoker voice ruined the whole clown jig. Not to mention the movie aged like milk.

It certainly looks like they cut a scene there.

i figured something like that when she started getting closer and holding that pose

>so i'm seeing youtube clips of the It for the first time

So you still didn't even watch the miniseries?
Get out And watch it

>oh god I hope that little boy doesn't rip the pages

This , but also Sup Forums hates anything popular so the record breakingly successful version is obviously shite.

for fucks sake please someone point it out to me

got a giggle from me mate, well done

when they pan out to show the full mural, and the taller jewish kid in white bends down, its right above his back
your welcome

Behind Stanley when he leans.

more like a faggot

>>wah wah mommy the bad men on the internet dont like my old favourite movie

Anyone can play that game dumdum

>movie is shit
>new remake/reboot/re-anything of said movie comes out
>THE OLD MOVIE IS GOOD YOU FUCKING PLEBS JESUS CHRIST

Every fucking time. Lel this place is pathetic.

How is it unsettling?

It's a fat man with bad makeup. There's nothing unsettling about a generic fat man in clown makeup.

Ur mad ur a girly boy
He a clown, clowns overact

This argument is literally saying Adam West was a better Batman than Keaton, Bale or Affleck. It's campy fun but not actually great. I think alot of people watched 90s it when they were kids and somehow think that it's a well made movie when it was terrible even for the time. Curry knew the movie would be bad and hammed it up to 11 which is why he's basically the only enjoyable thing in that movie.

it's cause it could be just a normal clown.
that will make you be scared of real clowns too while in the new IT you can tell at first sight that he is evil.

literally this

>Skarsgard is overacting
>Curry wasn't
How fucking retarded can a man be?

This new Pennywise is the scariest and most fucked up movie monster we have ever had. I couldn't sleep for a week after seeing the movie it was so fucked up beyond anything you have ever seen.
I still have waking nightmares about how fucked up this was, maybe I will never recover.

Don't watch this movie you guys, it's just that scary. I cry even thinking about the horror this movie had.

I actually found it to be the opposite.

Skarsgard's Pennywise was more unnerving and uncanny, while Curry's Pennywise felt like a hobo in a clown suit that just screwed with people.

Both are good though.

It's cause it is a normal fucking clown.

>a fat man with bad makeup
So was this guy.

I defend the old one because Curry's characters are classic. Even his butler in clue is spot on, down to the posture he has in every scene.
New It, pretty much just whispered and was made artificially scary through special effects and such. Half of us here on Sup Forums could have done just as well, while Curry was a believable crazy clown, not just a creeper in a costume

>artificially scary
fucking stop already

Skarsgards was more overtly malevolent and benifted from modern techniques. He wasn't required to be subtly off but a vehicle for the feakishness. The first IT was all about the ability of Curry especially as the other actors were dogshit.

This. Everyone knows that the scary thing about Pennywise isn't that he's a shapeshifting demon from outer space, but the impression that he's some weird old guy in face paint.

Nahhh that's way different because you can tell tonally old Bateman vs the dark knight are extremely different.
The only difference in tone in these are attributed to the time at which it was made and the production support.

Pic related u know the swede would have had someone holding the umbrella, and lighting the cig for him, while one of the boys fellatio'd him

Actually, OP, you suck. Ouch, the truth hurts pal, but deal with it.

Forgot pic my b

Great example!

Nobody feared Gacy because of his clown costume, retard

Maybe if they did, they wouldn't have been raped killed and eaten. People should fear clowns because they all are rapists, murderers and cannibals.

Swede himself is scary how any other scary villain is, he's nothing special and barely attempts to be clown like, they depended on effects, costume and other things not acting to make IT scary.

>tfw no Bill Skarsgard dressed as pennywise bf

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GvPHi4ro2YI