Deadpool being funny doesn't excuse him from being a blatant Mary Sue

Deadpool being funny doesn't excuse him from being a blatant Mary Sue

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JiwT-mGEzhE
youtube.com/watch?v=bbTWJTK2oCs
youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You dont know what mary sue means.
Also it was the punisher who did that which was still bullshit.
Also fuck off.

"Insanity" aside Deadpool is still guilty of murder, theft, assault etc. Plus he's lucid enough to consider options while doing it and to decide not to if he wants.

>Mary Sue

>Constantly suffering
>Ugly face
>Hated by everyone
>Regarded as mentally ill

Sure he can see through the meta, but he's had enough good story arcs to make him interesting rather than just another unkillable clown waltzing through everywhere.

You have no idea what your talking about do you

He gets laid quite a lot despite his appearance, is nigh-unbeatable, has more woe-is-me pity-party stories than any other character, and has been shown many times to lord a moral high ground over other heroes.

Deadpool isn't funny though

That falls under most other title heroes, depending on whether the moral ground is on their end or the supporting cast.

Like Wolverine or Spider-Man, a lot of the Marvel cast has gotten laid countless times, usually with the mask on.

>Mary Sue
Did the meaning of this term suddenly change?

It's been "very powerful/important character I don't like" for at least a decade, user.

I hate when comics are inconsistent. Like I thought the penance stare make you relive all the pain you committed but on the recieving end. Guilt had nothing to do with it. Yeah it OP but ghost rider is supposed to be fighting demons and shit. When the punisher was able to shrug off the stare because "he didnt feel guilty" he still should have felt all the damn gunshot wounds he did. If your a punisher fan it's cool as fuck to have that happen but if you're a ghost rider fan then it's gay as shit

>being able to shrug off penance stare
>impressive

Penance Stare is the most inconsistent jobber power in comics.

He could get some good mileage from Wade being a grossly negligent spouse.

>Like I thought the penance stare make you relive all the pain you committed but on the recieving end
to be fair Deadpool probably wouldn't be too affected by the stare then, he's probably taken worse than he's dished out, overall

Hasn't it both completely crippled Galactus and did absolutely nothing because Galactus is incapable of feeling remorse.

Probably.
Most writers who use Penance Stare don't actually understand it.

Penance stare doesn't work on remorse though.

>Most writers who use Penance Stare don't actually understand it.
why are comic book witers the only writers allowed to be this inconsistent with powers but get flaked on for breaking the silly rules like no smoking or no masturbation.

Venom is immune to the Penance Stare

But wait! Flash's Venom is immune too!

I don't get OPs picture.

I stopped trying to understand how Ghost Rider works back during World War Hulk when he kept powering down because apparently the Hulk's cause was just or some shit.

>deadpool is inmune
>punisher is inmune
>venom is inmune

Is gosth raider the martian manhunter of marvel?
>im going to do my penance stAAAAAAAAA-

That would be Prof X

It becomes more consistent if you think about it for a second. Frank claimed that it was because he didn't feel guilty, but because he doesn't know the details of how the Penance Stare works you can't take what he says on the matter as fact. However, it has been shown that people who are insane (Madcap, Deadpool, Cletus Kasady) are immune to it. So Frank is just crazy and rationalized that it didn't work because he didn't feel guilt.

My understanding was the penance stare only inflicts pain you inflicted upon innocents.

To that end I can't recall Punisher ever harming anyone who didn't deserve it.

Deadpool is different, I'm sure he's harmed innocents before.

But wait!
youtube.com/watch?v=JiwT-mGEzhE

Why do American voice actors suck so much.

Dude Punisher was in fucking Vietnam

To be fair, the entire show sucked just as much as the voice actors.

Blaze should get on Robbie's level.

The psycho either straight-up eats people's souls or sends them still alive directly to Hell.

hey, the suck-ass voice acting is part of charming

That makes perfect sense, though Marvel writers and most fans won't see it that way

Even in Born he's not shown killing non combatants.

Dude literally did his job and has no remorse for anything he's done since.

t. Kim su Pak

But it's not about guilt. It literally forces you to FEEL THE PAIN that you have inflicted upon others. Writers just forget sometimes.

Did you read what he posted, at all? How the fuck would Frank know how the penance stare worked? He's crazy and was talking shit

I wouldn't call that "immune".

>Brock feels the pain of the stare
>suit protects him (barely) and wigs out
you're right

It only makes you feel pain you inflicted on innocents according to the official description.

"It can only be used to avenge the innocent, and therefore can't affect someone trying to punish the guilty"

Punisher to my knowledge has only ever harmed the guilty so I think he's immune

Another individual immune to the Penance Stare would be Judge Dredd, provided they were to meet considering the universe gap.

Did you not read what he said at all?

Knowing how it works doesn't matter

>reading comprehension

>Penance
>Not Punishment

There's your problem.

Thread theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=bbTWJTK2oCs

They're all VC when the bombs explode.

I mean... Frank Castle beat Ghost Rider's pansy ass.

>Do you dare face the agony of those you have...slain?

I swear to god Ghost Rider forgot his line right there.

He's good at his job and sucks at literally every other aspect of his life, though. You can say anything about his plot armor, but Mary Sue isn't really the appropriate term here.

Get the fuck outta here, Woolie. That was bullshit written by a shit writer, stop bringing that garbage up.

The voice director was signaling like crazy he can't say "killed" on a cartoon for kids.

It sounds like he doesn't even want to be there

there's a difference between being a Mary Sue and just bad shitty writing

Because nobody can be expected to read thousands of books just for a $100/page job with no benefits

They wouldn't have to if editors did they jobs and kept things consistent.

Another day, another retard misusing Mary Sue.

Problem with the penance stare is that it's just too broken for the crossovers and hero vs hero stuff Marvel loves so much. He can't be allowed to wreck characters that aren't from his own stories, but he keeps showing up and has the ability to do so easily. So then it's just "oh it doesn't work because reasons"

This looks more of a case of "people shouldn't fuck with Ghost Rider" than anything else.

Also, he's still a thinking person, he wouldn't go around Penance Staring other people when he knows it would kill them.

>If your a punisher fan it's cool as fuck to have that happen
No it isn't. If you're the kind of fan who only likes it when their favorite character fucks every other character in the ass, then you don't actually care about that character and would immediately latch on to which ever character was actively fucking everyone in the ass. The worst kind of "fan" imaginable.

Real fans accept a character's flaws and limitations, acknowledge when they can and should lose a conflict, and admire when they find the strength to persevere in spite that.

Only immature, emotionally stunted manchildren want their "favorite" heroes to be invincible and win all the time. Their minds are so inherently boring they can't fathom liking someone who didn't win.

He used it in the old FF cartoon and it worked for two reasons: one, Galactus was literally in the process of starving to death as well as dealing with being poisoned. Two, the cosmic level of suffering Galactus has inflicted made the Penance Stare that much more powerful.

Better than any of the swill Marvel's pushing these days.

Batman's fanbase on suicide watch.

>616 Deadpool constantly jobs to pretty much everyone
>Mary Sue

It's sad seeing Ghost Rider job so much.

I thought it was implied that the people who got Penance Stared were condemned to hell?

Does Woolie actually believe that? Holy shit. Even without the stare GR should be able to just beat the shit outta Frank with super strength plus he's also inhuman levels of durable. Frank logically wouldn't have a chance outside of bullshit writing.

That same issue outright has Blaze tell Deadpool, "If the Rider wanted you dead, you'd be dead."

He isnt funny

"Ghost Rider's Penance Stare didn't work on X" is always the stupidest shit ever.

For the Penance Stare to work, the subject has to have the capacity to feel guilt.

Wade's not the only guy to break the Penance Stare.

then it's a good thing he isn't funny

What does Deadpool's penis look like?

>For the Penance Stare to work, the subject has to have the capacity to feel guilt.
Then why does it work on demons?

>one of his major characteristics is that people hate his guts
>mary sue

Does mary sue just mean "character who succeeds at things that I don't like" now?

No it doesn't. Vengeance threw the Penance Stare back at Danny and it had him punished for something his spirit did in a past life that it didn't even remember. The only reason it doesn't work on 'people without guilt' is because the writers want to wank Frank.

>>For the Penance Stare to work, the subject has to have the capacity to feel guilt.

Same reason a hammer is made to work on nails, can open nuts, but doesn't work to cut wood

if you think that's bad you should see how badly GR jobbed to the Punisher, fuck not only Blaze jobbed to Frank he also jobbed the fuck out of Zadkiel who is suppose to be one of the most powerful villains in GR's rogues gallery

> he also jobbed the fuck out of Zadkiel who is suppose to be one of the most powerful villains in GR's rogues gallery

Don't forget Blackout who used to taunt Danny about killing his sister and is a half demon getting chained to a wall and had his teeth pulled out by SpOck before crying about never going after Peter or Aunt May.

You mean except the time it was implicitly shown to work on Madcap. Pick up a fucking comic book.

It's not like the Marvel has that many blatant Mary Sues. Whenever a new one takes off, the old one gets shit on hard, effectively removing their Sue status. Compare that to DC. How many untouchable pet characters do they have?

its implied the rider (at least for Johnny and Danny) is celestial levels of powerful but as long as the human host is still in control he can't access that power, Blaze briefly got into that power level figthing against Dr. Strange and the Hulk in separated occasion but in the case of Strange Johnny stopped the rider from almost killing Strange, while in the case of the Hulk the rider itself stopped after realizing Hulk anger was against the guilty. Danny was able to tap into it better during Heaven of fire he was able to even create clones of pure hellfire.
So far Robbie seems to not be the same type of rider since his entity is purely infernal and lacks the "fallen angel"aspects all the other riders got after Jason Aaron's run.

I'm surprised more people don't seek Ghost Rider out just to get hit with it, and get their guilt over with all at once.

In Max he kills both a general sent to shut down his FOB and a woman in the process of being raped by one of his men. You can debate the innocence of either of them, but I still think they should both count as far as the PS is concerned.

But that's literally his entire reason for being. He's a spirit of vengeance, he kills bad people and sends them to Hell. The penance stare is his primary weapon in that pursuit, and if he's fighting you, you probably deserve the stare.

I think this also made him obsessed with GR as it was the only time he felt anything.

another psychopath exempt from the penance stare. shocking

This. In their first meeting, Punisher thought GR must be the bad guy because he had a flaming skull. He tried everything he was carrying at the time (and he was prepared to take on a warehouse full of armed guys) and nothing even slowed GR down. He almost broke his fist punching GR. Then they fell through the roof and teamed up against the real villian, Flag Smasher.

>Penance stare doesn't work against Frank AKA Hitler
>WOW HOLY SHIT SO BADASS I CUT MYSELF
>Penance stare doesn't work against a mentally unstable weirdo
>FUCKING REDDIT MARTY STU I'M GOING TO COMPLAIN ON TVTROPES

The Penance Stare isn't a sure fire weapon. It's ALWAYS been like this. It works so long as the angel wants it to. And since the angel saw something pathetic in Wade it didn't do shit. Same with the Punisher. Shit the angel probably AGREED with the Punisher which is why it didn't work.

Now fuck right the fuck off.

>skeleton
>has tits
what?

She's a literal force of nature. She can probably look like whatever the fuck she wants.

If she wants to be a titty skeleton, then she's a fucking titty skeleton.

Hot.

IIRC, she looks like a buff angry dude around Dracula because she really fucking hates him.

>implying ghost rider is not the mary sue
youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs
user pls

What about the time he called a tranny "he" and gave her PTSD?

What about that pain?

>Deadpool is innocent
>Galactus is not
WTF?

>The only reason it doesn't work on 'people without guilt' is because the writers want to wank Frank.

Are you sure it wasn't because he's nuts? I mean, if you can kill hundreds of people and not feel guilt as long as you're feeling righteous, Penance Stare is pretty dangerous. You could use it on a religious fanatic mass murderer and not only it wouldn't work, he would feel even more validated by God and woud feed into his complex.

Also, there's no way Frank doesn't feel any guilt about the things he did when he was a soldier. He remembers Vietnam, and never seemed too happy about it.

Yeah, this. WTF? Galactus has extenuating circumstances. Namely: if he doesn't eat worlds the ENTIRE FUCKING UNIVERSE GOES TO SHIT (not to mention his hunger). His hand is entirely forced. Wade? He does that shit for fun.

Fucking Marvel. Those fucking retards.

You can't counter Mary Sue-ism with "but he suffers sooo much!", it just makes him more of a special snowflake, like Butcher from The Boys.