Fuck it, I'm starting horror movie season early. Recommend me some goodies

Fuck it, I'm starting horror movie season early. Recommend me some goodies

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_around_Halloween#Horror
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

perhaps, i could recommend some hard terror flicks?

The Hidden

What a load of shit

not allowed OP.

go watch lotr again or something else.

Wow really? OMG you are SO bad!

You have to go watch IT

The Faculty is so underrated.

No, that's garbage.

obvious bait, dude.

I'd say you should just think of your favorite horror sub genres and google them instead of "TOP 10 BEST HORROR MOVIES OF ALL TIME". My personal favorites are most of John Carpenter's kino and a few others like:
Splinter
The Mist (the movie, not the shitty series)
Cube (not really a horror movie, but is pretty spooky (DO NOT watch the sequels))
AM1200
All of them have something to do with uknown and isolation cause that's what I'm into, so you probably should search for horror flicks yourself.

Why is eurotrip on there? Also fucking phantoms lol, the cast is actually insane.

The Thing
The Shining
The Ring
Paranormal Activity
Saw
The Exorcist
Alien
Silence of the Lambs

>AM1200

Watched this last night. Very good, if a little short.

Affleck was DA BOMB in Phantoms.

I've watched everything but Disturbing Behavior.
Worth it?

I also started halloween early. Going through the few classics I haven't seen yet. It's difficult to give recommendations when we don't know what you've already seen. My personal favourites are Alien, The Shining and The exorcist but they are extremely famous and popular so I'm sure you've seen them.

Fuck, I miss Halloween. I miss the spirit, I miss the mood.. it almost hurts my soul. My last true Halloween was in grade 10. I hung out with 3 guys from school and we lit off a few bottle rockets in a school field near my house. Before then, we would hangout around my moms neighbourhood and just get into shinanigans. Since then, I've never done anything for Halloween.

Is the joke that your taste is horrible?

>Fuck, I miss Halloween
>Since then, I've never done anything for Halloween.
Gee I wonder what the solution might possibly be.

Kidding aside I've made it a tradition to watch horror movies all through october for a few years now, and I almost never watch horror outside of that period. I'm always hype as fuck for it. When halloween is closing it I buy a bunch of candy like a kid and then I usually attend a halloween party with costumes.

I fucking love halloween and I still get the mood and spirit. It's all in your hands.

I also change my desktop wallpaper to a slideshow of halloween wallpapers that change every few hours

IMDBcore. Do you really think anyone hasn't already seen those movies? Fucking pleb.

That is not a good list at all, although I will admit that several of them are guilty pleasures.

>grade 7
>make friends with 3 dudes
>for the first time in my entire life I have a group of friends like I've seen in the movies
>we hangout all the time
>they come over, we exchange MSM emails
>we play XBL together
>we hangout almost every weekend
>in the summers we walked to the pool and swam
>we were shit heads sometimes and did pranks. one time we pissed on the rocks in the sauna room at the rec centre and the entire facility started to smell like burnt piss and staff was scrambling to figure out what happened and we high tailed it out of there
>every Halloween we would get together, get fire crackers and bottle rockets, walked around the neighbourhood and shoot them off
>in grade 9 we started getting into smoking weed
>we would walk down to the barrens like in IT and smoke weed, sometimes other kids would be there and we would chill
>we would sneak out at night and stay out till like 2am
>we talked about how we would be friends forever, and how we would go to University together and then become room mates for a bit in our early 20s
>well. in grade 11. as things go sometimes, we naturally started drifting away
>grade 12, we don't really hangout anymore
>In my early 20s, I'm hanging out with a different guy and have a girlfriend
>but I always think about my old friends. When we all stopped talking they left a empty space in my heart and I don't think will ever be filled
>I'm 25 now and I still sometimes think about what it would have been like if we all stuck to our word and became room mates during our early 20s and stayed best friends throughout school
>I have never had friends again like the ones I had from grade 7-10

Besides the Halloween franchise and Trick R Treat, are there any other horror movies that actually take place on Halloween day where you see people in costumes and shit?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_around_Halloween#Horror

Most of those don't really capture the spirit of Halloween like Trick R Treat or Halloween III.

How is The Tall Man?
Is it Biel-Kino?

Recently saw The Dark 2005, good b-movie.
Never heard of a Knacker before this, so maybe that is why I found it so creepy.

it's not really a horror movie if you want an actual horror movie, but yes it's worth watching as 90s high school kino

Watching black swan at the mo

Fucking creepier than i thought it would be, especially the mother

Also what the fuck is this guys problem?

Much better list than that 90s/2000s garbage list posted above.

Tall Man is fucking horrible. It's SyFy Channel Original tier. It's not worth watching even if you love Biel.

You are right, but teen slasher always have a place in my heart.
Like Scream, I know what you did last summer or Urban Legend

I saw those as a teen in cinema with my friends and my gf

wow, that's sounds like it is really terrible.

It was on TV a few days ago but I missed the beginning, once I saw Biel I put it on my list.

Being in my 30's this list gives me nostalgia and I can actually smell the old school rental stores.

Don't waste your time

>tall man
>barely taller than some thot

Kek le tall manlet :^)

Sleepaway Camp always gets me in the mood.

The strangers

I really wish the ending hadn't been spoiled for me before I saw that. It must have been pretty shocking back in the day.

>Sleepaway Camp
I've never seen it.

Some of these aren't exactly horror, but still spoopy and are some of my favourites:
Alien Abduction
Area 51
As Above So Below
The Blackcoat's Daughter
Coherence
A Dark Song
Dead End
Dog Soldiers
Hell House LLC
In the Mouth of Madness
The Poughkeepsie Tapes
Resolution
Southbound
Stake Land 1 + 2
Triangle
VHS 1 + 2
Also just watched "Pheonix Forgotten" and thought it was pretty decent 6.5/10

Great movie, but not for this season. I keep my Christmas horror to Christmas unless it's something like Gremlins.

OP, I started at the beginning of the month. Here's what I've watched so far. Take note of my questionable taste, though.

i miss my friends growing up too, user like grade 5-12 and 9-12+.
kill me please.

Your mileage may vary. They are all slow burners, no jumpscares, more creepy than actual horror.

The Innocents
Onibaba
Kwaidan
Whistle and I'll come (1968)
The Wicker Man (1973)
The Witch (yeah everyone gushes about it on here but for pretty good reasons)
Lake Mungo
Under the Shadow
Kairo

Fuck those movies

So what did you thought of Blackcoat's daughter?
Especially the way the stoy is told.
Why did they cast actresses that looked so alike?

I thought it was suprisingly good, especially the ending where the heater is cold overall renaming the movie Feburary is a mistake though.

fair enough, makes sense of course
have you seen Poughkeepsie tapes?
or Rise of Leslie Vernon just for the fun

You like'm baldies, don't ya?

I remember watching a special feature on the blu-ray and learning that the guy wearing the Angela mask at the end was actually some college student who was drinking a bunch on set that night. They didn't see him again after they filmed that scene.

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

I really liked the atmosphere of Blackcoat's Daughter, but I guess I'm just kind of a sucker for occult aesthetic.

Poughkeepsie Tapes is definitely a good one for this time of year, but I didn't find it as spooky as I was hoping. It had a few good scenes, but I haven't really rushed to watch it again. The Rise of Leslie Vernon is a good fun one, though.

>eurotrip

>Prince of Darkness
>They Live
>No In the mouth of Madness
I hope this list isn't making any implications about this great movie and just forgot about it.

>Mars Attacks

Man, one of my best childhood memories was getting a bunch of friends together in the last week of Summer and watching Mars Attacks, The Mask and Men in Black back-to-back.
Good fucking times.

I highly recommend Dead of Night (1945). One of the most influential horror films of all time. It's been copied dozens of times and was the originator of the possessed ventriloquist dummy.

Those are some of my childhood favorites, too.

Has anyone here watched Pontypool?
I'm still very uncertain about this movie, mainly because the concept is both original and kinda uninteresting.

It's basically decent. Kinda weird but a nice example of a suspense movie set in a single location. Good atmosphere and the dude playing the radio DJ does a pretty great job.

ive always loved house on haunted hill. it freaked me out when i was like 10 years old. but im pretty sure your list is specifically to make fun shitty late 90s/early 2000s horror movies...
so now my feelings are hurt

did you post that pictures just in the hopes you could make that joke if someone mentioned phantoms?

I hate you

It's a great movie that has a knack for making you feel like you've lost the thread, but stick it out. It's satisfying to see it through.