The Expanse

The Expanse thread.
Why is this show so good and why is it not discussed here? Season two was so much better than the first one. Also Amos is /ourguy/

no, alex is /ourguy/

bump

>Why is this show so good
I never heard about it, so you tell me.

Nice story, but all the acting is shit which ruins everything

I think the show peaked when the Martian ran to the Earth embassy.

This

This, main character (Holden) can't act for shit and is a whiny cunt, best character and actor (Miller) is gone...

no all of it is shit. the guy playing james holden is not the best I'll admit but Amos plays the emontionless brute quite well

I doubt we've seen the last of Miller and Julie desu

The setting doesn't make a lot of sense considering automated robominers would be a far more efficient alternative to delicate, resource consuming, rebellion-prone human pseudo-slaves.

True but that holds true for all science fiction, everything in manufacturing/exploration will be autonomous in the future, but that just doesn't work as a tv show.

>why is it not discussed here?
its not airing

but in reallity in a couple of hundred years we will all have uploaded our brains to cyberspace anyway.

but it's on jewflix

There's actually a surprising shortage of robots in it, maybe there are companies that are saying robo butlers 10 years away just like the present

I assumed if anyone this would be /ourguy/.

>traitor
>/ourguy/
'no'

>is gone

>be from Earth
>go literally anywhere in space
>beat up everyone because they have no muscles or bone density

Fucking sweet.

He was the exact opposite of a traitor. He did everything for Earth.

We know if Errinwright hadn't worked with Mao from the beginning, Mao would have just gone to Mars. Because that's exactly what Mao did after Errinwright coudn't protect him any more.

Be earther marine, visit belter brothel.
have to pay extra because with each thrust you have the change of breaking the pelvis of your belther whore;

t. errinwright

Throughout the books Miller shows up repeatedly so you're in luck

Speaking of which, did that earther partner of Miller that took the stake through the heart make it? Now I don't even remember.

I think Holden is getting better now that he' not trying to be lawful good all the time

He survived.
I think he has some appearances in later books?

i can't stand that old cunt who sounds like she's an out of breathe tracheostomy survivor.. just wanna give her one of my atomic elbows every time she opens her mouth

This. Can't really take the show seriously for this reason. I'm not against diversity casting inherently but this show suffered from trying to fill it with too many non-white females instead of casting based on merit.

Holden is a whiny bitch in the book series too.
Jedi ghost perhaps but no more
He gets worse as the story progresses.

She's the best part of the show up until they move to the second chapter of the "story" if you can call it that.

This scene was KINO

Why is she so smug?

>tfw no thicc straya cunt martian gf

nah it peaked when miller found his waifu
or when the aberghast was split into a million pieces doctor manhattan style

i really don't find her attractive

Does Sup Forums still hate her guts?

Don't get me wrong I'd do her if she'd let me.

if you liked exosquad this shoud fit your gusta

Sup Forums hates anyone who isn't white

why would Sup Forums hate her?

I didn't mind Holden so much until the last two episodes of s2. That stupid fucking grimace he puts on while he is supposedly in his angry ''non-negotioable''-mode is uncharacteristic and gay.

That said, it's probably the finest hard sci-fi series I've seen in like a decade if not more. Not every episode is great, but it usually builds up momentum so that one in every four or so eps provides a solid watch.

Because she's easily the best part of the show now that Miller is (probably not actually) gone.

Don't hate her but she was kinda bland. It really took until near the end of the season for her to show any sort of personality beyond generic military hardass.

Oh come on, that scene was totally in character and great. Especially how they kept showing her in the background of every shot stuffing her face.

I'm on the 4th book, does she ever come up again? More specifically, really, do we ever get to see anyone besides Holden with their own sections of the books more than once?

Literally couldn't shit the fuck up about how annoying she was, the robot arm wrestling scene was dumb, she's fat etc etc

yes bobbie comes back in the fifth book in alex's chapters

Can't act
Can't be attractive
Can't be likeable

wew
as much as I dislike the le ebin badass combat expert woman trope she actually looks the part
see iron fist/the defenders for when it isn't believable with the tiny gook girl beating men literally twice her size

>mfw miller found julie

Pretty much. Wish Bobbie would beat me up desu, that engineer guy at the end of s2 was lucky

post the webm about the books

dont know what you're talkig about fäm

it started off very strong, with good world building and a measured pace. it's gotten a lot worse as it's gone on desu. still worth watching though.

she's not even THICC in a good athletic/strong way. she's just got a big frame for a woman and isn't lean. proportions aren't THICC at all really. bad casting.

If it wasn't for the acting ranging from horrible to okay at best, it would be fantastic. As it is, it's just good. Home is still one of the greatest sci-fi episodes ever put to TV though.

Not much to pull from, unfortunately. There are simply not many women who are over 6ft. Even fewer who can act. Frankie Adams actually meets neither of those metrics.

Just hard to find.

i hope they take acting lessons mid seasons

>Can't be attractive
you mean in the show. google her and fall in love

Season 2 was good but I like the noir space detective thing season 1 had going.

it was mostly miller carrying season 1 for me tbqh

went to the books after s2 and cant say im too happy. im almost done with the 3rd one but i dont like all this alium shit. do they blow up the ring so that we can get back to the un v mars v opa tomfoolery? i like that part the best

>le fedora tipping policeman xDDD
you awnt proof reddit took over? right here bud

giv belter gf

Rosinante crew were such terrible actors. That's why plots not involving those twats were so much better delivered.
And Miller is /ourguy/

miller is reddit personified fuck off

I just started Season 2 and it's notably more intense than Season 1, does it maintain this pace? S2E02 was fucking harrowing

>Drummer will never tie you up and rape you
>She will never execute you for failing to satisfy you sexually

Read the books since day one, one of my favourite series and I didnt even realise there was a TV series until a few months ago. Took a while to get used to the way they're re arranging events or adding/taking some away, I think they nailed the space combat though, the Donager was beautiful. I'm not a fan of Bobby's actor, she doesn't strike me like the character and the most obvious reason is she isn't ripped as fuck, if anything she seems like a teenage girl more than the bodybuilding Arnold image described. I also really don't like the power amour design, it looks kind of shit and I was very disappointed considering how good the standard Martian armour looks.

I started watching it and stopped halfway through season 1

I want to start it up again but I don't want to find off where I left off..

bleh

>best character and actor (Miller) is gone.
We need to talk

I don't remember him getting impaled in the first book but he is a main character in Cibola Burn