Just turned 21, looking to purchase a handgun for home protection/concealed carry

Just turned 21, looking to purchase a handgun for home protection/concealed carry.

Need advice on what handgun to choose, as I'm not very educated on guns. Looking for something reliable, relatively cheap and not too flashy.

Thanks in advance.

My first choice as of now would be a Glock 19.

Other urls found in this thread:

slickguns.com/
gunbroker.com/
slickguns.com/product/glock-g19-g3-handgun-9mm-w2-15-round-magazines-and-75-gift-card-504-after-code-l3v
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guns are bad kys

How's he supposed to do that without a gun?

Face plant on his neighbors pitch fork

Get a .44 Magnum.
You feeling lucky punk?

>glocnade
Go here, faggot. and ask the same question, on the correct board.
You are an idiot if you buy a gloc. Memes don't make good guns.

slickguns.com/

For specific searches:
gunbroker.com/

Glock 19/17 if you're a 9mm fag are fine

Glock 21 is better if you have large hands

dont you have some chinks to teach andrew?

/k/ will just tell him to buy a Glock

CZ75 master race reporting in

I'm here to shitpost and nothing more.

>Those bullets in the magazine

I got a kel tec pf9.
it works pretty well.
good enough for zimmy zam good enough for me

what about katanas?

Folded over 1000 times. Cuts bullets like butter.

Fox and grapes, enjoy your airshit

Solid choice for a first pistol. They work, that's the most important thing in a gun. Choosing a pistol is more personal than a rifle, some will just fit you better than others. Its less a question of wut gun is gud and more a question of "is this pistol i kinda like actually a piece of shit?" Some are, jam a lot or break easily. This is unacceptable.

For me personally, CZ-75s are what fit me most perfectly, my carry gun is a 2075 RAMI. If glocks work for you then go for it, they will not let you down.

Enjoy your 60%

FN Herstal

They have both hammer and striker fired, in 9mm 40 and 45

FNS 9 or FNX 9 would be my top choice.

Unless you have 1k$ to drop, in which case I'd get the FNX 45 tactical

Glocks have this cool carbine conversion kit called RONI

CUM IN MUM

Get some type of revolver. They're incredibly reliable and easy to use for somebody that isn't very familiar with firearms.

I would recommend a S&W .357. You can fire .38 rounds out of it to practice with until you're comfortable.

Fortunately I can, and have, chosen to be swole instead. Muh freedoms.

Sig Sauer p320

A grenade is better than a bunch of Europoor spam about how Ahmed cock is good and guns are evil.

Trips have spoken. The extra crispy colonel demands you use a katana

>.357

Are you looking to tickle them to death?

threaded barrel

Can you afford the Sig compact 229? If the answer is no than get the M&P

g19 is a solid choice, 9mm kills niggers dead and is cheaper than pretty much every other handgun round. buy a lot of ammo and practice.

You reloaded your clip wrong lol

sage

>being this new

HK doesn't even give you the stupid thread protector with your $1300 handgun. For that you must for over an extra $30 plus shipping. Still no suppressor but I keep telling myself I'll eventually do it.

I have a s&w 442. Snub nose revolvers are classy, small and light.

What? Only a complete idiot would question the stopping power of a .357, unless you're expecting a fucking RPG.

I'll take my .357 with hydroshock over anything, including your hillbilly hand cannon.

>biting bait this easily
/k/ was always retarded, thanks for confirming this yet again.

Huh?

go to the shooting range and spend $100 finger fucking a few guns. Tell the workers there you're looking to buy your first one. They will help. Any advice given to you here will be less helpful than actually trying out until you like one.

This

Swole means you can have bigger guns, and use them too.

The meme lives on.
Thank you Heckle my Koch.

Just a bit of fun. Absolutely nothing wrong with .357 Magnum.

Yeah im planning on going, just didnt want to go in completely blind, ive gained some good info from here.

Americans can't own guns wtf

How's your RAMI? Im thinking of getting one soon.

It's got to be a revolver for concealed carry. Revolvers are the simplest guns mechanically and therefore the most reliable. Revolvers don't really jam. If a bullet does fail, you can always just pull the trigger again and try the next bullet.

Get a snub nosed revolver and put a few thousand rounds through it at the range. In a self defense situation you'll need to be up close for your little pistol, but that won't really be a burden as it's difficult for someone far away from you to justify lethal force.

If you want home defense, get a shotgun and some buckshot. I like an old double barrel. Again, simple as hell, also deadly at short to medium distance.

I assumed he was referring to all our fatasses. Swole means my other board is /fit/.

I love it, I have the safety variant. If I could change one thing it would be the trigger reset length, it is slightly longer than my pre-B. Might do a little tweaking in that regard, I have a thing about super short resets.

I'm American you fucking cuck

hk vp9

>glock thread
>grenade meme
Who would've ever expected that

>can't make fun of big sexy black men and their big dicks
>have to make fun of chinks

whites are pathetic

/k/ will just tell him to read the sticky

>buying a gun
>not shooting yourself with it

Buy a 9mm for easy to clean and handle.

Buy a .45 if you world like Jamal to realize he's dead BEFORE he bolts worth your TV.

Buy a .50 if you would like to also kill his buddy Daquan's car engine. With the same shot.

CZ-75 or variant. Not having your slide set within your frame is asinine in a carry piece.

Morgen Nachbar.

Glock 19 is fine, anyone who says otherwise is a faggot. 9mm is fine, it kills niggers dead. .45acp is fine, it also kills niggers dead. .357sig is superior. The best gun is the one you carry every day no matter how hot it is. Don't buy a Kimber.

>21
>instead of getting MBA / Ph.D
>...buys nigger firearm
>celebrates with Sup Forums shit tier shit-sport

i think you know what to use that gun for, buger...

9mm for home defense
10mm for making sure he gets buried in a soup can

>book lernin'

Gun ownership is an American rite of passage. A bit like I'd expect beating your pregnant girlfriend and complaining about Britain must be for Australians.

You can do better than that.

Canadians at it again everyone. You do realize blacks also have small dicks too right? They drink too much malt liquor and alcoholic mountain dew and liquified crack cocaine to ever get a proper hard on or for proper benis growth.

I love revolvers.

That being said, they're not what you want for a CCW.

hmm, where are all the small dick black meme pics? there's probably just that one.

Why not?

Go buy the G19 before someone talks you into something ridiculous. Here, I'll even throw you a good deal.

slickguns.com/product/glock-g19-g3-handgun-9mm-w2-15-round-magazines-and-75-gift-card-504-after-code-l3v

Now go lurk /k/

>21
>Pursuing graduate degree

Not all of us can be a spurglord like you, user.

I've carried several calibers of pistols and revolvers, but the best all-around is IMHO a 9MM you feel comfortable with and a spare extended magazine in your pocket. 10MM/.40 are great, but heavy and with snappy, relatively unpredictable recoil compared to the reliable 9MM. Can't beat the capacity of a 9MM extended magazine in most other defense pistol calibers.

Way too easy to print, they snag easier on clothing too. At least in my experience. If a revolver is a comfortable CCW for you or anyone else, then that's all that matters I guess.

/k/ here. Glock 19 is a solid choice, but boring.

Sometimes boring is good. No surprises, which is a big plus in a crisis situation.

OP get an education on guns first, then spend half of your Glock 19 budget on a quality .22 and plenty of ammo. Learn to shoot. Make buds at the range and try out other handguns. If you run across something you like better than the Glock 19, get that. Other than that, the 19's not the perfect first gun, but it's a way better mistake to make than some.

OP don't fall for the .22 meme. You'll feel like a fucking pansy shooting it at the range and since there's no recoil, you won't learn good form. Just get a real handgun and shoot it until you don't suck. Don't be a faggot.

CUM IN MUM

Don't be afraid to make a mistake and get a gun which isn't the best fit for you. Every gun owner I know is on a never-ending quest to find the perfect gun for them and their families. Guns hold their value much better than most other goods in their price range like consumer electronics or tools. There will always be a buyer to pay you what you gave for the gun minus a small depreciation as with any used item.

OP ignore this asshole and fall for the .22 meme. There's reasons why its been the caliber hundreds of thousands of people have learned to shoot with.

Yeah, when they were fucking 6 years old.

What's the advantage/disadvantage of an automatic vs a double action revolver for a carry piece?

Glock 19 Master Race

If you have no love for a fine Walther .22, then you aren't a firearms enthusiast. Before .22 ammo went up in price, everyone at the range had a .22 with them as well to fire off thousands of rounds cheaply.

That's not how you spell m'kay Mackey-san.

Guess I don't fit a random retard's definition of an enthusiast. Whatever will I do?

>before .22 went up in price
That's the major point. There's little incentive anymore. Get 9mm or .45, you'll break about even... besides you'll have a gun that might actually kill something bigger than a squirrel.

And he's right, .22lr is for kids. That was my first gun up until I was about 12 and I grew my first pube.

.45 African Cranium Penetrator

Those bullets are backwards you fucking idiot

Isn't that a 19-4 which is 357 Magnum?

why does it have a little baby trigger on the trigger, what is it for?

this

make fun of this why?
it's like making fun of a duck-billed platypus. isn't it just being what it is already punishment enough?

The select fire mode has a "baby" setting which allows that easily depressed trigger to fire for when Americans give guns to their babies when they cry

If you're already in the shooting world then get a Glock but if you're brand new then get the FNS 9mm. It's like a fine tuned Glock 17 fresh out of the box and $200 cheaper. They're fairly new and have terrible marketing but once people find out that they're getting fucked on price for a basic piece of plastic in the Glock then there will start being an aftermarket for the FNS.

>stopping power

Smith and Wesson Shield. Shield is on the right. A pistol with the thickness of the Glock you mentioned is on the left.

For CC purposes, it is a no-brainer.

Echoing others go to a range and test out a variety of different guns and calibers. I prefer to carry a revolver myself: a Smith & Wesson 442 in .38 special but obviously others prefer semi-autos.

Mahlzeit

Nice. I carry the Bodyguard revolver (the new one with an included laser) myself. Great, reliable little gun that just feels great in my hand.

It's a little rough to shoot dozens of round in, but that's to be expected.

Americans, how come .40 caliber is larger than .45, but .50 is larger than .40?