Reminder that Nolan wrote this :

reminder that Nolan wrote this :

Cooper: You're a scientist, Brand.
Brand: So listen to me when I say that love isn't something that we invented. It's... observable, powerful. It has to mean something.
Cooper: Love has meaning, yes. Social utility, social bonding, child rearing...
Brand: We love people who have died. Where's the social utility in that?
Cooper: None.
Brand: Maybe it means something more - something we can't yet understand. Maybe it's some evidence, some artifact of a higher dimension that we can't consciously perceive. I'm drawn across the universe to someone I haven't seen in a decade, who I know is probably dead. Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand it. All right Cooper. Yes. The tiniest possibility of seeing Wolf again excites me. That doesn't mean I'm wrong.

A little wordy sure, but certainly not bad dialogue.

>Brand: We love people who have died. Where's the social utility in that?
>Cooper: None.

It's a natural consequence of seeing people as family. If you don't give a shit about a dead guy, it's difficult to have a connection with another person through your connection with that dead guy. Grief is a major building block of family units.

go write terrible dialogue, chris
nobody wants you here

It's beyond bad. It's so corny and cliched it could have come from Little House on the Prairie.

what separates love from hate and other emotions, hacklan?

fuck that. it's fine until Brand shits out a completely irrational piece of exposition and isn't treated like a hysterical crazy person for it. it was cheeseball dialogue that nolan came up with because he was riding an emotional high.

I like the movie but holy fuck is brand's character stupid

Did not care for Nolan once he went blockbuster, but I still found his movies entertaining, this one though has to be his worst one.

It is bad. Chris cannot write with emotion, he writes like a fucking robot

>Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.

>a
We're not capable of perceiving love, only its effects
>b
If love "transcended space and time", we would love the same people with the same intensity from the moment of our birth until our deaths.

Go back to bed Nolan.

let me fugg your anus

Dialogue is not measured as good or bad based on how much you agree with what the character is saying. Take a film class or shut the fuck up.

>Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.

What about hate?

>being so cynical and nihilistic that you collapse into fits of [autistic screeching] the second someone deviates slightly from your materialist "scientific" world view

i'm aware, it is still basd though you fucking dumb nigger

except maybe it would be impossible to maintain love as a proper social utility if it just turned off once someone perished.
We'd be perfectly aware of it's hollow, fleeting nature and it would no longer serve the societal purpose it once did.
A scientist would know how intricate and complicated the psychology of humans can be, yet it's totally glossed over with a simple "none"

The writer should be able to translate his retarded opinions in a believable manner tough. That's part of writing a script, what themes are we presenting? Why I as a spectator would swallow anything this chick has to say? It's your job to make me believe it.

And also, it is cliched. People have been saying Disney shit like that since forever, whats the point in writing a whole movie around a tired decrepit theme? This movie really was a shore to sit trough and the script did not help at all.

fuck off chris, hire writers, stick to the camera
you can direct but you can't write for shit

Its about context and how seriously does the movie take itself, the movie tries to be about scientists but then goes all Hallmark on you, there's a discrepancy there and it is bothersome.

Or ya know, just some horrible dialogue featuring in a movie that for a brief 3 week period was being praised endlessly.

The line is corny but the script is worse than the dialogue
>Anne Hathaway's character is the physicist for the mission
>an in-depth understanding of the physics of interstellar travel via wormholly shit is her one and only strength, it's literally all she's bringing to the figurative table
>she 'forgets' the entire concept of relativity when they go down to the water planet as regards the information coming back from the probe being essentially stuck outside of real-time due to being on a planet within the black holes immense gravity field
>duhh oops I forgotted about how to basic Einsteinian physics aka like fucking astrophysics 101, my bad!
>this is all so they can jump twenty or however many years ahead because the plot demanded it
The script should genuinely have been shitcanned and they should have rewritten it from the ground up, anyone who defends this kind of godawful writing deserves to be taken out around the chemical sheds and shot

my problem is how they, within SECONDS, jump from "love has social utility" to "nvm lol because we still love them when they die and that don't make sense"

It's like being told "food is for nutrition", countering with "then why we poop it out" and then everyone in the room going "woah maybe it isn't for nutrition at all, tell us more"
poor writing takes many forms, characters blindly shifting their viewpoint on something due to one element that's a bit hard to explain is one such example of bad writing

It is artless

It's bad writing if it's inconsistent emotionally driven garbage that pads out the film with a second, unnecessary emotional subplot. It's bad writing when it is both incomprehensibly stupid AND expository for the film's climax. It's bad writing when you don't proofread or revise your shit which is what Nolan does and why we get cringey shit like Brand and great schlock like the plane scene.

>take a film class
READ A SCREENPLAY FAGGOT

post chris nolan nudes

all of nolan's movies have this kind of shitty dialogue but Interstellar and TDKR were the worst

4u

literal CW-show tier dialogue

no

Inception's dialogue was pretty bad.
I know it needs to be expository since the movie's pretty complicated for normans but rewatching it always makes me cringe

ITT: Neckbeards that are upset that they've never been loved

the worst part is Anne Hathaway desu.

pretty sure gurren lagann did it better

Does it really make you think?

it has bad dialogue made even worse by that jap guy butchering it even more

why would a nasa scientist bring up love out of nowhere? and start assigning it to random bullshit theories of no relevance.

> create a set of gradually increasing masterpieces
> create a cult
> think of how to top it next
I present to you: Nolan's Next Masterpiece.
> Nolan, nude, at a desk.
> Wanking over Hans Zimmer
> Hans Zimmer is playing the organ
> Nolan is stimulating his organ
> The music builds
> Wally Pfister steps out from behind the camera
> Nolan and Zimmer get Pfisted by the Wally Pfisters's Pfisting Pfists
> Organs, both musical and biological, grow to a crescendo
> Sup Forums comes on screen
> chanting FOR YOU
> Nolan screams SET CLIMAX TO 100%
> Ejaculates all over Zimmer and Pfizer
> His directorial excellence has caused him to hover and turn sideways
> He starts spinning rapidly owing to the velocity of his ejaculation
> It cuts to the Interstellar docking scene
> Cuts back, Matthew McConaughey wearing a Christian Bale mask walks on, asks Nolan what would happen if he ate his semen
> It would be extremely dramatic
> You're a big director
> UUUU
> Zimmer meanwhile is still getting Pfisted and playing away at his organ
> As Nolan is emptied of his sauce, Zimmer reaches his final climactic note
> Cut to Black
> B R A V O N O L A N appears

I used to unironically love Nolan. I even defended him when my friends criticized the Dark Knight trilogy. I used to tell them it wasn't capeshit, that Nolan was making serious, gritty movies for adults. And then I went to see Interstellar and the whole shit was about love. It was literally a chick film. Fucking garbage.

t. brainlet

I never finished this movie. The love speech really pissed me off. I tried to keep watching after that but I couldn't. It truly was awful.

>to create a path for the dreams of those who have fallen and the hopes of those who will follow

Love transcends time? Yeah, no. What about loyalty? Faggot?

>using a picture of CIA when trying to defend Nolan
You probably don't even realise the irony you fucking pleb

>Dr Cooper, I'm NASA

I liked it. Brand's a scientist, but that doesn't disqualify her from being an optimist and wishing that there was something "more" than just the physical world. Everything we believe is only founded on theories that we just can't prove false yet so maybe she's right.

That's how a true scientist would see it. ;)

she can't be right or wrong because that's non sense

AAARTHUUUUUUR

The movie started good but it went to shit after the love speech.

a near masterpiece movie ruined by this piece of shit hathaway's character and dialogue

>love transcends dimensions

So humans can remember loved ones that are gone? Stop the presses! We got some lovecraftian themes in here!

Well said.

They can also apparently remember them before they're even born. Love is magic that defies time and space, dontchaknow?

You mean like apple fanboys loving the next iphone before they even know the specs? Damn that's powerful.

Objectively false. Nolan is a fucking retard.

SHES A WOMAN, SHE SAYS STUPID SHIT

NOLAN HATES WOMEN

WATCH DUNKIRK, HE FINALLY GOES FULL SAUSAGE FEST NOT A WOMAN IN SIGHT

A MOVIE WOMEN WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND

undeniable proof of nolans autism