The Expanse

The Expanse
Killjoys
Star Trek Discovery
Orville
Stargate Origins

Is this the new golden age for space sci-fi?

sign me the chofa'kri up.

is this thing still happening or did it happen already?

expanse - crap
killjoys - crap
discovery - trailers suggesting crap, but i'm not judging now. I'm giving it a chance
orville - massive crap
stargate origins - this might be good

>stargate origins - this might be good

no one thinks this and you legitimately must be an MGM shill

>expanse - crap
First season was great
>killjoys - crap
Last season was quite enjoyable

It all sucks or isn't out yet. Wake me up when we get some transhumanist shit going on. Wrecks suspension of disbelief when people hundreds of years+ in the future live pretty much the same way we do and have similar lifespans.

>Stargate Origins
WAIT WHAT

Rolan Emmerich is finally going to destroy all SG-1 lore like he always wanted to

>The Expanse

Drummer is cute. CUTE!

He has nothing to do with the miniseries

OP, no, this isn't a golden age. The Expanse is okay, but Killjoys and Dark Matter got cancelled, STD is dead on arrival, and Origins is only 10 10-minute episodes.

This isn't a golden age, not yet.

Even if Origins is shit at least it might open the door for good Stargate down the line

>expanse - crap
>stargate origins - this might be good
wtf, user

They could have just given us a proper series given that SyFy just opened up two slots given it cancelled Dark Matter and Killjoys will not be renewed after the current renewal is over.

I don't think it is possible anymore. We had people working on the franchise that honestly thought Universe was a good idea. I mean, I do remember it getting at least a little bit decent near the end but then they had to axe it.
Fuck, I really don't have any hopes for the franchise. I don't think anyone will be able to recreate the same chemistry between team members as SG-1 had. And without that it just becomes pretty fucking meh.

>We had people working on the franchise that honestly thought Universe was a good idea

Those where the same people who made season 4-10 and SGA, who have been working on other shows that the fanbase has been enjoying since.

That may be, but obviously something happened to their heads to think that people want Battlestar Galactica with Teens: Stargate Edition.

I have no idea how stargate origins could be good if it's canon. It's all about researching a stargate that's been sitting in a warehouse for decades. They only activated it the first time in the movie and SG1 says that's canon.

To be fair season 2 was good and it's likely season 3 would have really found its footing.

Which is pretty appropriate given SG1 and SGA's first seasons where their weakest.

>They only activated it the first time in the movie and SG1 says that's canon.

There was an entire episode dedicated to rescuing someone who'd been sent through the gate in the 1950s when the government was first experimenting on it before his loss made them shelve it and it got lost in the bureaucracy.

Daniel's office was overflowing with the paperwork they'd made on it.

>Killjoys cancelled

nigga it got renewed for two more seasons

>The Expanse

Season 1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Seasson 2 and season 3 signals that will be worse.

>Killjoys

So fucking bad that becomes enjoyable

>Star Trek Discovery

Dead before going out.

>Orville

Shitty writter, worse series.

>Stargate origins

I geniunely haven't heard anything about it, but if we go about what happened after season 7 in stargate, its going to be shit like the rest of the downfall of the series.

So, no I would say that they will be forgettable.

And it explicitly isn't getting more after that, which is effectively cancellation.

Ohhhhh shit! i didn't know there was a new Stargate!
I think i watched every season of every series with the exception of the last season of Universe.

I gotta catch up with The Expanse, i only watched 5 episodes of the first season, and only read the first 3 books.

you mean until the actress who plays Dutch blows up so massively because she will be in Tomb Raider and a Marvel movie that Disney bitchslaps Syfy into keeping Killjoys going as a vehicle for promoting her

no, they cancelled Dark Matter over Killnojoy and SGO is probably a retcon

The Expanse - meh
Killjoys - meh
STD - 100% concentrated cowpoop fed intravenously to kill
Orville - the tiny bit of light in the box, not good just not unbearable
Stargate origins - maybe it'll save us all

>STD
nomen est omen

>Dark Matter over Killnojoy

lolwut?

Thats like exchanging brocolli for cabbages, sure the cabbages aren't great but at least they are far more pallatable than brocolli.

saw 1,5 episodes of Dulljoy. Maincast is shit. Negro mary sue, autist faced sidekick and his annoying brother.

while DM has
sexy leader lady with nanomachines
funny alfamale with guns
quirky qt JODELLE
kungfu guy
funny android
evil corporations (like syfy)
great ship

Killjoys is so fucking bad that it actually goes back in the quality scale and becomes good. So you don't enjoy the writing or the acting, you enjoy how fucking hard the writers try to make things interesting like you can actually see them desperately smashing a keyboard like monkeys constantly saying "this is a good idea!" and the actors are in a mix of trying to do their best with what they have and their actual best since you can clearly see they want to make a name for themselves even if its based around this show.

Dark Matter is a rollercoaster of quality, this season we had a pretty good Groundhog Day type of episode or the end of house of Ishida plotline that didn't required to actually shoot my brain out of my head to enjoy, and then we had the assault on the scientific space station were they are researching the blink drive and of course the ending of this season with a whole new plot conveniently out of nowhere.

These shows complement each other perfectly, but if I were to choose I would rather have Dark matter, there is so much far the "bad but enjoyable" can bring you.

10 5-10 minute episodes of stuff we already know with a big strong female lead.
There will be no gate travel, just shots of Egypt

Also, I hate how killjoys deals with science, but again its so bad the way they do it that it becomes satirical over the whole genre; like "science durrrr! We nerds durrr!" its cringey but then you realize thats what 90% of script writers think , the only difference is that here they are open and direct about their retardness and lazyness, which doesn't make you clever but sure makes you a bit more original.

The Orville is great, love the set and character design. Its a future I want to visit. Love it.
The Expanse is great because of the pseudorealism. Its a likely future. Martians > Earthers. Great.
St Discovery looks to be another dark meme show, will still watch it though since its SciFi...
Stargate origins... First I have heard of it.

t. pleb

I bet the expanse hurt your feelings

>all the plebs in this thread hating on the expanse
Literally the only real sci-fi in that list
The rest is pretty much low fantasy

you'll eat those words fairly soon you poor fucker lol

Science fiction isn't about being realistic, it's about exploring ideas. What you're describing is hard scifi, which the expanse is a great example of.

I know
Just trying to piss some fangirls

>The Expanse
only proper sci-fi so far
>Killjoys
might be fun if youre a 10 yo kid
>Star Trek Discovery
we'll see - after seeing Orville Im not so concerned
>Orville
waste of time, nice designs, but very cheap shit
>Stargate Origins
I think the way theyre rebooting it doesnt make sense, but we'll see... anyways, this is like the 5th reboot now and none of them were quite as good as the movie. SG:U got something from the better spheres, but still. I believe in Discovery more.

I'm getting a few chuckles from Orville.
Is the way of kino not for me after all?

The Expanse>Stargate Origins (only will be good if they dont fuck up the settled universe) >Dark Matter> Star Trek Discovery (probably just action, like in the movies)>pile of shit>Killjoys>Orville

The Stargate represents the anus.

Try dark age.